Mytek Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by td19, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. td19

td19 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Did anyone here pre-order the Mytek Brooklyn? And if so, have you received it yet? It was supposed to ship early December.

2. james

james Summon The Queen

Bump

Anyone running this unit? Thinking of "downsizing". I'd be moving away from my Line Magnetic 518/Snell J combo and running this as a DAC/Pre/Phono Pre/Headamp with a big Rotel amp I already have on hand and Vienna Acoustics Bach Grands which I also already have.

Would love impressions from anyone using it as a preamp....especially if you're using the phono input.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  3. gryphongryph

gryphongryph Forum Resident

How do you like your Vienna Acoustic?
    Would they work in a room 4,50 meters x 4,25 meters ?

4. james

james Summon The Queen

I like them a lot. I've had them for a while now. They are on the laid back side of the spectrum with strong bass. I think they'd work fine in that room but controlling bass would be the name of the game (it's my issue)

gryphongryph likes this.
  5. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

I tried asking the following question (here) to no avail.
    I'd be immenselly grateful if Brooklyn owners could answer it. Thanks in advance.

6. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Asking again in the hope that someone might answer what I would have thought a simple question.
    Does no one here use the Mytek Brooklyn phono stage to listen to mono records ?

7. james

james Summon The Queen

I don’t think I own any mono records, but I can check this for you early next week when I’m home.

8. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Thank you ! That'd be very welcome indeed !

9. james

james Summon The Queen

I can’t find any function that turns on mono and don’t see anything in the directions. I could be wrong though

10. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Thanks for checking. Probably can't hope they've added that very useful function to the Brooklyn Dac+ that's just come out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.