Sony Legacy Pop Market (Pt 5)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Yep, I have the Smile box in my cart. I'm sold on it at that price. Now, do you have the 50th Pet Sounds? Can't decide. I have the 1996 box

2. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I just got a coupon code from another thread. If you use WELCOME (all caps), it gives you an extra 15% off, which brings the cost of the Smile box down to $45. You'll NEVER see it lower than that. That's a giveaway price. The code is good for any products on the site, but I'm pretty sure you can only use it for one order.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  3. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

WELCOME 20 working for me today for 20 percent off........

Grabbed Dylan Blood on the Tracks mfsl 45 rpm set for $32 and Doors 1st Mono vinyl for $20 with discount
    Alice Cooper Killer Friday Music vinyl for $8.00 with discount
    Joplin Cheap Thrills mono vinyl for $12 with discount

4. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

UGH I may vomit! (pardon my grossness) I paid at least $40 more for this Bob Marley Special Collectors Metal Box on a previous Popmarket 20% off sale...Now with WELCOME20 (no space like Masterbucket had it) it's $280 which is the best price I've EVER seen for this amazing set.

Bob Marley | The Complete Island Recordings: Collector's Edition | Vinyl 12 LP Box Set »

I'm getting really discouraged by some of these sales as I usually buy "rare/limited" box sets like this early for fear of them selling out and then going for 2x or 3x the original price only to find them deeply discounted a year or 2 after release.

Same thing happened to me with the Queen 18 LP colored Vinyl Box Set!!!

5. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

So, I was set to order yesterday, tried to use your code -- and Smile was sold out. So I quit on Pet Sounds too. (That's my MO, all or nothing) . I checked repeatedly and finally at noon today a Smile deluxe came up. Ordered. that and Pet Sounds though the code wouldn't work anymore. (Said too many uses -- not me, overall, I assume.). $98. Still a steal, I think.

6. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

I believe if you create a new account using a different email address, you could use the WELCOME code on the musicvaultz site again. At least that's what happened with me.

7. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Ah, should have thought of that. Well, I hadn't actually ordered. Thought it was expired for everyone? edit: I see you must have used it today?

8. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

I just used the WELCOME code for my order. I made a new account with a different email address and that's what worked for me. Under my original account, when I used the WELCOME code it said 'used too many times' (not sure why, I never ordered from there before) and wouldn't allow me to use it.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  9. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Thanks. Well, I guess I'll accept a good deal instead of a great deal.:laugh: Hmmm, unless I order again and return the first.:idea:

azjvm05 likes this.
  10. My wallet curses this thread.

Lewisboogie, azjvm05 and The Beave like this.
  11. Beholdentonoone

Ack I couldn't resist and bit the bullet on the Bowie "Who Can I Be Now" Vinyl box that is $199 today but is $159.20 + free shipping with the WELCOME 20% off code.

Best price I've seen this box for.

Lewisboogie and azjvm05 like this.
  12. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

True but the first Bowie vinylbox 'Five Years'has been out of print for months now and is selling for over $330.00 onAmazon. $159 for this box is a killer deal! You win some and you lose some!
    The beave

13. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Yes, I agree seeing huge price drops is very discouraging... :shake:

However, I think a major factor in your general description comes into play:
    "...deeply discounted a year or 2 after release."

In theory, with your purchasing the box set early, you've had plenty of time to ENJOY listening to it, or if not at least the immeasurable pleasure of being content that it's sitting pretty in your collection. Gleaming. :cool:

Consider that a plus, whereas you literally can't enjoy the music when waiting weeks or months betting on the hope of a good price drop.

NOT having a desirable box set in your possession - vigilantly waiting for the "cheapest" price to hit, if ever at all - can be excruciating.
    And if it does SELL OUT, then you have to "fly into overdrive mode" and possibly buy it at a marked-up price, before the price really escalates. You pay more than the original MSRP.

None of that is enjoyable...

We all have to weigh our own individual tolerances for dealing with our driving passions. :p ;) :agree:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    ARK and superstar19 like this.
  14. Beholdentonoone

I like how you made lemonade out of those lemons lightbulb!!!

lightbulb and The Beave like this.
  15. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Anybody get their Neil Young official release series 8.5-12 from Popmarket yet?

16. Andy Boyd

Andy Boyd Forum Resident

Grateful Dead - Dicks Picks Vol 35, $37.60 shipped with POPMARKET20

17. Stullyca

Stullyca Forum Resident

I received mine on Thursday. Well packaged and all items in great shape. I've only had a chance to listen to one side of Comes A Time and Live Rust. So far, I like what I hear! I haven't A/B tested with my originals but these are dead quiet and sound great on my modest system. I'm guessing these will be my go to LPs from this point forward.

lightbulb and Spitfire like this.
  18. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

Otis Redding Stax singles 3 cd box for $18 shipped w Welcome10.

19. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Even cheaper with POPMARKET20!

lightbulb likes this.
  20. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

When and how did it ship?

21. Stullyca

Stullyca Forum Resident

Shipped 11/25 via UPS; arrived on 12/1. Box set is not numbered, but all LPs are in poly-lined sleeves.

lightbulb likes this.
  22. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Cool. Looks like mine might be here tomorrow. I have a UPS package that was shipped on 11/25 from California that I've been trying to figure out who it's from.

23. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Kinks Box Set is the Daily Deal

$149.98

WELCOME10 is working

$134.99 - Shipped.

lightbulb likes this.
  24. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

Or, even better, use POPMARKET20 to get it for $119.99. :D

GentleSenator and lightbulb like this.
  25. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Sweet, I forgot to try that permutation.

[Welcome20 and Pop20 didn't work!]

Got mine for $119.99 thanks to Scott's abs.

scottabs and lightbulb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.