Good deals on DVD sets at Walmart

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grand_Ennui, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just throwing this out there in case anybody might be interested:

Gomer Pyle, USMC complete series $34.96
    Andy Griffith Show (seasons 1-5) $39.96
    Gunsmoke (seasons 1-4) $39.96
    Have Gun, Will Travel (seasons 1-4) $39.96
    Twilight Zone (complete series) $49.96
    Happy Days (seasons 1-6) $34.96
    The Munsters (complete series) $24.96

Other than "The Munsters", all of the above mentioned sets have pretty plain packaging: Just large plastic cases with plastic "pages" within that hold two DVDs per side... I believe the contents of the sets should be the same as if you bought individual seasons, but the packaging isn't as nice/fancy...

Raylinds and billdcat like this.
  2. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Bonanza Season 1 for $9.00

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  3. Grand_Ennui

No "Bonanza" DVDs at the Walmart I was at, there were a few empty slots on the shelves, so they might have had them but needed to restock them or something...

A few others in stock at the Walmart I was at included "Sanford and Son-The Complete Series", "Wonder Woman-The Complete Series", "Kung Fu-The Complete Series", & "Gilligan's Island-The Complete Series" ... I didn't get their exact prices, but they were within the same prices as the ones in my first post...

Edited to add there were also season sets of "South Park", I believe they were seasons 1-5 in one set, and seasons 6-10 in the other...

driverdrummer likes this.
  4. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

About a year ago I bought each of the 2 seasons of the Munsters for 9.99 each. I guess the extra cost is for the box.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  5. Grand_Ennui

I'm pretty sure the set I mentioned includes their movies "Munster Go Home", and "The Munsters Revenge" so that might have bumped the price up too...

6. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Munster Go Home is a worthy addition. Either way not a bad price!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  7. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

Thanks for posting this- I just ordered the complete Twilight Zone.

Grand_Ennui and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm going to wait for the Twilight Zone Complete BR release on Dec 13th...it's hovering in the mid to high 80's...

artfromtex likes this.
  9. Michael

yes, I paid much more!

clhboa likes this.
  10. Michael

I wish Walmart would do a Complete GREEN ACRES BOX SET!

Grand_Ennui, Kirk76 and lv70smusic like this.
  11. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I was tempted by the "Have Gun Will Travel" set but it was still a little too steep for me.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  12. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

From where? Amazon is at $130 on the BR.

Michael likes this.
  13. Michael

$83.99 presently on Amazon...
    The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series Blu-ray

14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

$81.97 all in !!!! Free First Class Shipping, and NO sales tax, unlike Amazon.

Bull Moose : Twilight Zone »

15. Grand_Ennui

I wish anybody would do a complete "Green Acres" set.. I have the three sets that MGM put out around 2004/2005... I was hoping they'd have completed the series, but of course they stopped halfway thru the series! I wish SHOUT! Factory or Olive Films would put out the complete series, and if possible, include the "Green Acres" reunion movie too...

rod and Benno123 like this.
  16. Grand_Ennui

I can see not wanting to lay out $40.00 for a set, but if you break it down, that's really only $10.00 a season which is really a good price (I think anyway)...

I wish they would have had the "HG,WT" four season set available this summer, I would have bought that rather than the three individual seasons they had in stock at the time... Now I have to find an individual season set for the fourth season... (And I'll also need seasons five and six, which I believe were released on DVD...)

17. Michael

yes, anyone please!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  18. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Interestingly, the I Love Lucy Complete Series retails for $44.96 at Walmart. However, I found they have the same set in the Spanish language section for $39.96, $5 less. The only difference was two hype stickers in Spanish on the shrink wrap and a yellow bar code sticker over the UPC printed on the box. It's the same set.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  19. Grand_Ennui

It does pay to look around their media/home entertainment section for reasons just like you mentioned here... One odd priced thing I seen when I was there was they had a Don Knotts movie ("The Love God") on their shelf for $7.50, and if you looked in their bin of $5.00 movies, they had a four movie set including that movie as well as three other Don Knotts films: $2.50 less and you get three more films...

Benno123 and MerseyBeatle like this.
  20. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Little House on the Prairie Season 1 DVD 9.96.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  21. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident

Michael, what are the differences between this new 2016 Twilight Zone Blu-ray release and the original 2012 release? Thanks.

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

Heavy Music likes this.
  23. Grand_Ennui

I was just in Walmart the other day, and now they have "Rawhide-The Complete Series" for $59.96 and when I was in Target, they had deals on their TV series box sets, for instance "Batman-The Complete Series" (1966) was $59.99 ($10.00 off), and "Hogan's Heroes-The Complete Series" was $39.99 (again, $10.00 off regular price)...

24. Grand_Ennui

I mentioned it in the "Green Acres=The Complete Series" thread, but I'll mention it here too: Last night, I found the complete series box set from Shout! Factory for $69.96 at Walmart... Not sure if they're selling it for that price online, but people may want to check it out if they're not able to find it in store at that price...

Walmart also had the "Mama's Family-Complete Series" as described in this (now locked) thread:
    New Releases of Mama's Family Including a Complete Series Box . It's the Star Vista/Time-Life set and was selling for $39.96.

Also picked up "Gunsmoke" seasons 5-7 for $39.96.

They also had "Little House on the Prairie-The Complete Series", I don't recall the price on that but it was packaged in a box that looks like the Ingalls' family home.

25. Michael

thanks for the tip...the LHOTP is the edited shows...NOT the remastered series.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.