The Walking Dead Season 7! Sunday October 23rd 2016!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

2. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I didn't understand how the bells and air horn system worked for the new, small community. Can someone help?

3. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I think they just use the noise generating system to herd walkers away from the settlement.

4. dead of night

I never knew Tara was such a warrior, dodging bullets, stealing weapons, knocking people out. She outsmarted Suffragette City.

MikeInFla and masswriter like this.
  5. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

This season is probably my least favorite so far. Though the quality of the series isn't particularly high(it ain't no Breaking Bad), I still find it entertaining enough to stick around. I still think Negan's a great character

6. This has become a terrible show. Yeah I'll finish the season but might stop after that.

Just finished Luke Cage. Great show so much like films of the 70s like Shaft and French Connection.

Beautifully written directed and acted.

ssmith3046, spewey and Mr. Grieves like this.
  7. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

They can't all be winners unfortunately

Mazzy likes this.
  8. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Are they trying to emphasize that Negan is a bad guy?

I dunno...Maybe eight or nine MORE episodes of Negan doing the same one-dimensional "bad guy" routine will clarify things.

9. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Leading up to a big season final?

10. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

After Carl wasted yet another opportunity to blow Negan away, I got up and went to listen to King Crimson in the other room. It must've been a meh episode cuz the wife didn't give me a hard time afterwards.

spewey and Mazzy like this.
  11. YUP. People seem to have the opportunity to kill Negan but just don't seem to be able to do it. Pretty stupid.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  12. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:edthumbs::agree::agree::edthumbs:

13. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

This show could be so great and it's just not. I keep watching it to have something to watch and see who gets killed at this point.

Man, I can remember how gripping that first episode really was! The first 1-2 seasons were excellent, then mostly good and now it is what it is. I wonder what Frank Darabont makes of it now.

Shawn, spewey and rufus t firefly like this.
  14. spewey

spewey Senior Member

I also wonder what Darabont thinks of this mess.

He's probably the only one who could fix it....but that will never happen.

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

I love Negan! excellent character...nice to see him in length...now Daryl is just as annoying as ever....He must have been a sheepdog in another life.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  16. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

This is so terrible and stupid, Carl goes to all the trouble to find Neegan to kill him and then freezes when served on a platter? And Neegan has all the time in the world to spend lovingly bonding with Carl after he killed two of his men? My only explanation is that he wants to kill Carl in front of Rick. But this episode was terrible and the Rick and Michonne scenes seemed out of place and out of sequence with the plot. They were just there so that the two stars would get paid for the episode.

Bad, bad season.

17. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Another tedious episode where we learned that Negan is bad. It's been forever since the first Negan issues in the comic, but I don't remember a whole lot of time spent on garbage like this. The whole episode could have been cut down to 20 minutes.

18. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Mid-season or full season? (Just so we can check back)

19. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Negan reminds me of an evil Tigger. Whenever he's on I can't help thinking it'd be better if he just went the full whack and wore a Tigger costume and swung his tail around while talking.

There's probably a name for this syndrome.

MikeInFla and Alfie Noakes like this.
  20. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

I can't believe how they keep stringing out more storylines. We have Rosita with her magic bullet, Michonne off on her own, Carl & Negan, Carol out there somewhere with Morgan, Tara, Daryl .... now the mid-season finale with none of it likely resolved.

Bah!

spewey likes this.
  21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

If he used these mannerisms for his public persona & just acted normal privately, I think his character might be more believable and a more enjoyable character to watch. To act like that all of the time with the grinning, whistling, little sayings & leaning back at a crooked angle, just makes him seem mentally ill. So far, not many shades of Negan.

Gumboo and spewey like this.
  22. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Good little episode, not the best but watchable. I found though that there's a huge gap in the story. Rick is suddenly out with his sidekick trying to find what, weapons? They end up at this house boat surrounded by walkers, or in this case swimmers. But didn't Rick, 2 episodes ago, say that he was against getting weapons and just do what Negan says. All of a sudden he's out looking for weapons. Little confusing. And how did Rick learn about this guy who has these weapons.

vegafleet likes this.
  23. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Best show of the fall season.

About time they started fighting back.

24. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I'm not defending this often trainwreck of a show, but I got the impression that Rick is out literally looking for "stuff" for Negan, meaning presumably just about *anything* interesting, whether it's food or weapons or furniture, etc. It's comical that nobody (whether Negan or Rick) seems to be clear at all on what "stuff" they should get. No direction at all? Negan can't mention that he has a hankering for some new furniture or something?

This "mid-season finale" is looking to be another clusterfudge of 27 disparate story lines (including at least two *more* people trying to pull a Carl and off Negan with no planning and in Rosita's case literally ONE bullet). If the plan of Carl or Rosita is to kill Negan at any cost and not care about what to do immediately *after* that comes to pass, why didn't they just do it the first time Negan visited? If they *truly* don't care if they get killed and just want to avenge Glenn and Abraham, then it makes even *less* sense that they didn't off Negan right away.

If you're familiar with the comic books, that unfortunately answers why Carl didn't kill Negan as soon as Negan moved into the frame in this last episode, after Carl mowed two other Saviors down. They've clearly been dying to do the sequence where Negan does his "bonding" thing with Carl. The underlying aspect of this *is* actually potentially interesting, of Negan subverting Carl's relationship with Rick. But when the whole thing kicks off with Carl biffing the whole thing, it just comes across more as this:

[​IMG]

25. dead of night

I can't wait to meet who's living in this houseboat; he made a cool warning sign: "If you're reading this, I'm already dead." The best part about this show is it's a "road movie."

Rubber65 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.