Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (Nov 18th)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FourWalledWorld, Aug 18, 2016.

1. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

I don't have them all but I'll get there...

[​IMG]

hi_watt, AlexC, johnny q and 5 others like this.
  2. NearysEpiphany

NearysEpiphany Forum Resident

I saw some video interview with him talking about the new record and he seemed stoned out of his mind. I'm a little worried about him...

panicproject likes this.
  3. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

So, I am starting to think that something is funky with the second disc of the US vinyl pressings. My first copy had something the size of a US dime embedded in the vinyl (side c) and my replacement has something embedded in Side D. Not as bad mind you and I don't hear any sonic defects except for a light tick and I could live with that. However - what's up with that?

Anyway, this vinyl smokes all other versions, happy to have it (even with the extra stuff in the vinyl :)

4. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I've seen 3 of the red copies and did not see anything imbedded. I did notice that sides c and d were slightly off center on 2 of them. I have 1 set that is absolutely flawless and just perfect and I only paid $17 for ! The other 2 have slight warps and off center a tad. Still silent though on all 3 of the 2lp sets I have seen.

Cliff likes this.
  5. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

My red vinyl pressing is absolutely flawless. It's probably the quietest vinyl I own, and I'm not joking, it's that good.

The colored vinyl in the deluxe boxset sounds the same as the red pressing, as silent in terms of surface noise, but LP 3 has a slight edge warp that does not affect play.

It took one shot with the red to get a perfect copy, it took four exchanges with the boxset to cobble together a perfect set. I wonder why? I found the packaging of the box to be top notch.

This album kills but I've taken a break to spin some Maiden and the new Rolling Stones.

SGene likes this.
  6. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Kirk must feel pretty psyched to do his best when Lars, maybe five feet away, gets a plate of food delivered while he's recording solos.

And listen to that bottom end when the music first starts in that clip! This album is a monster, and every Hetfield riff and vocal would be that much more ominous with a louder bass from Rob. There are moments here and there on the album where it appears louder but then it can hide again, often within the same song.

Dorian75 likes this.
  7. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

Tomorrow is a long time...

Erik B. likes this.
  8. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Don't forget the green Ride The Lightning! :)

Erik B. and toddrhodes like this.
  9. Dmann201

Dmann201 Forum Resident

Stil spinning this album daily and I don't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon! There's really everything a Metallica fan would want from them on display here. Great thrash delivered in a way only Metallica can do on Spit out the Bone. Some of the most brutally heavy riffs of their career on Am I Savage and Dream no More. An incredibly moving, powerful and dynamic epic like Halo on Fire which fits right next to Fade To Black and Bleeding Me as some of their best and most unique work. The end of Halo has moved me to tears many times! All of the songs sound like Metallica firing on all cylinders!

At first I felt Kirks solos were one of the weak points on the album but I'm totally digging them now. They really jump out of the speakers with a lot of attitude and fire! IMO this album is 100% classic Metallica and is my album of the year 2016 hands down!

10. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

As much as I was critical of the mastering of this as I sit and type right now listening to my Ipod it just kicks a ridiculous amount of ass...bottom line! Great album and far better than we ever could have hoped!

Deuce66, Dorian75, toddrhodes and 2 others like this.
  11. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Every time I take a break from it for a few days and then come back to it, it blows me away again. The more I get to know the songs it seems the more I connect to them. Sign of a classic right there!

12. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Headline of this review: "Review: ‘Hardwired…to Self-Destruct’ isn’t explosive enough"

WTF??? What would actually make them happy??? Their head literally exploding when they listen to it??? It seems some people can never be pleased. Although I will say I had to listen to the album probably ten times through before it really connected, and I doubt any of these reviewers are doing that. There's just so much to take in.

13. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Oh I agree 100%. I have a ton of colored vinyl, and this Metallica is right near the top if not first for perfection. But in fairness, I also have the black vinyl and although it's a little noisier, it's still fantastic. Great overall QC on these pressings!

14. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Framed and mounted it last night...

[​IMG]

15. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

There's music on that round, red thing that you're hiding behind glass.

tim185, hi_watt and Dorian75 like this.
  16. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

HA HA

17. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

That looks so sweet but yes, hope you have a copy to listen to as well!

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  18. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Yes and no.
    What you see is an old Christmas album with a label I had printed out at Staples.
    I have another copy of the Metallica and the Christmas album as well. :shrug:

19. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Now that's metal.

Vinyl Addict and Dorian75 like this.
  20. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Good to hear, I was very curious about the black vinyl as I still might pick up a copy and keep sealed.

21. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

I ordered the UK black vinyl out of curiosity, you just reminded me. Arrives in a week.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  22. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Picked up the RSD red vinyl edition in Denmark of all places. Great looking vinyl. Cut by CB and pressed by MPO. Haven't listened to it yet :D

Cliff and Dorian75 like this.
  23. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

I can confirm that the red vinyl is awesome! Their best album since AJFA...no question.

Dmann201, johnny q, Opeth and 2 others like this.
  24. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I just picked this up today, bloody red. Looks pretty gory, with the black mixed in. It sounds really great. So far, I'm just on side 2, but this might be the best in a while. They also gave me a free mat that looks like the cover.

Dmann201, Opeth and Dorian75 like this.
  25. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

There's a lot to take in, so be patient with the songs that don't grab you on first listen.