RSDBF16 - Record Store Day Black Friday 2016 Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rkellner, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Wells2010 likes this.
  2. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

No luck yet. Rhino were great as usual and offered compensation but no replacement.
    BMG on the other hand were Rude and pompous and no help at all.
    I was told contact your store ( no help ) or tough luck.
    37.99 plus tax for this.
    Who pressed this ? Anyone ever received help from the pressing plant itself ?
    What a drag as Ive been looking forward to BNW getting a proper release for years.

3. Discogs has this for the deadwax:

But in the Discogs comments people are saying the EU version was cut by Chris Bellman.

4. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Damn bro, sorry to hear it. I know others have had help from pressing plants like Rainbo for the Beatles records in the past, I think.

I'll try to get pressing info from my copy later.

Another thing, it's actually a Sanctuary UK release, BMG is the parent or supplier here. I wonder if Sanctuary themselves would care differently? Guarantee Maiden & their management wouldn't be happy w the treatment you're getting here.

ArpMoog likes this.
  5. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

Thanks to all for the feedback. Sounds like one I need to get. :cool:

Clanceman likes this.
  6. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Zero issues with my copy, other than the color being different than what was originally advertised. It was supposed to be opaque red, but came off as more transulcent watermelon, with streaks of red. Otherwise, no skips, and a flat, quiet pressing.

7. LSM_Zach

LSM_Zach New Member

I own a record store in San Marcos, Texas (Superfly's Lone Star Music Emporium), and we still a bunch of good RSD Black Friday 2016 titles available. Just to be on the up and up, is it cool for me list them here, or a link to our "RSD Leftovers" Facebook page? Might be able to help some folks out who think they missed out on scoring some of their wish-list titles this year!

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

You can use the classifieds here.

9. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

try the for sale classified's forum

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Nope, sorry, it is not cool to list them in this forum. As other have posted, you must use the Classifieds forum.
    In order to use the Classifieds there is a minimum post requirement of 50 posts. Also you need to have been a member of the forum for a minimum of 30 days.

Please read the classifieds rules - http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/classifieds-terms-of-use-guidelines.386376/

All items must state a definite price and condition.

This rule is in place to prevent spammers, and those who join just to sell their wares and not participate in our (mostly) friendly conversations about music.
    You can put the name of your store with a link in your signature, though.

11. LSM_Zach

LSM_Zach New Member

Noted. Thanks!

stereoptic likes this.
  12. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I was out of town this Black Friday Record Store Day. which was OK as there were only 2 releases I was interested in. I just stopped by my local record store a few days ago for the first time since I've been back and wouldn't you know it, there were the two I was looking for. Scored the Monkees 10" and the Rogue Wave Cover Me LP. FYI - I'll post this in the RSD quality thread as well, but the Rogue Wave contains a 24bit download for the album.

troggy likes this.
  13. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I saw in on Amazon for $16.74 but it was listed as 'temporarily out of stock'... i figured it would probably never be in stock, but what the hell... added it to my cart and purchased it (on Jan 3rd) and just got an e-mail yesterday that it's shipping and I should have it on Jan 11th... but I'll believe it when I get it... still asking pretty high prices for it on e-bay.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  14. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Scored the rsd otis at the at a local shop on tuesday! Owner said he was sent more copies after record store day.

The shop had a fair amount of titles still. I was surprised.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

That's actually where i just got one from & it actually just showed up !! But thank you very much .... i guess sometimes it just pays to wait it out ;) Good luck with yours :righton:

16. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

If anyone in or around or visiting Tennessee is still looking for title from RSD Black Friday... I was just in the record shop at the Country Music Hall of Fame, and they had surprising stock of a number of them, most not even in the country genre. There were a good number of copies of things that I remember hearing people complain were sold out in their local stores: the Monkees' 10", the Afghan Whigs' triple-LP, the Bowie picture disc single, the Big Star title... nothing I needed, but I thought I'd pass it along, in case anyone needs these or others. (I also saw that Third Man Records in Nashville had the "Chinatown" soundtrack, even though it isn't a Third Man release.)

Larry Loves LPs likes this.
  17. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

Still going through my 2016 RSD's . I finally got to the Bryan Ferry Island Years 45 box. Had to tell you folks it's sounds great!

jlf likes this.
  18. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Any word on rsdbf 2017?

19. redflag

redflag Forum Resident

Was just looking for info on that too. Should be posting a list soon, I'd think.

20. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.