New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Well.... Here is my copy of Animals that is already packed it's bags to head back.:wtf:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I find it incredible that every single new LP I have purchased since the vinyl resurgence began has been perfectly acceptable, yet so many others are having to return 3 or more copies to find something playable. Some luck, huh?

swedgin, Kyhl, Tom Campbell and 10 others like this.
  3. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

I got mine on Friday.

4. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

OK well then what exactly is your point? You are OK with them returning legitimately defective vinyl, just want people to know that when they return something the retailer takes a hit and that even if it is legitimate, three times is enough to get you cut off?

I guess I misunderstood you, I thought you were saying something other than that you agree with a policy that is essentially the same as what Amazon does.

5. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I've only had about three duds (two RTIs and a RI) in the last few years so I'm with you - everything else I've bought has been flawless, including 145+ GZ pressings that, apart from a little paper dust were all flat and crackle free.

I don't dispute there are several duds out there, hence the total vitriol always directed at GZ on here, but as someone said, I seem to have 'beaten the odds', and I'm a very fussy customer when it comes to vinyl.

6. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

I contacted Amazon UK and they said mine was lost (at least one other here got the same response). They said they'd ship me another. Originally they said it would be here in a few weeks. I asked if it could be delivered sooner and they upped it to rush two day shipping from the UK. I used their chat app on their site. to contact them.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  7. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

I've mostly only had really bad warps which I generally try to live with unless the its a Rollercoaster that is on the verge of skipping. I guess I should get a Vinyl Flat but $200 seems like a lot to me to fix a manufacturing defect that I already paid $40 for. It would save me some headaches I guess. It's pretty annoying when something is dished so badly that only a little more than the label touches the mat which makes it spin when I'm trying to dry wipe it. I've had at least 4 like this from RTI this year.

I have had scratched and weird things embedded in the vinyl a few times recently too.

You are lucky.

8. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

No Animals for me yet either from Amazon UK. Expected December 2nd. My replacement WYWH is somehow going to beat it.

9. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

How many have you ordered? Over the past 16-18 months, I've purchased around 150 'brand new' pressings (the Rush, Floyd, Maiden and Zeppelin catalogs were a good chunk of those). It's probably even more but I'm afraid to check my discogs to find out.... Does it make me unlucky or picky if I've had 3-4 'bad pressings'? And for the record (pun intended), I've returned just one - the EU Animals.

Nighthawk68 and scotth like this.
  10. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

This order was placed with US not the UK.

11. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I've bought around 50 over the last year. I think if you had to send back three copies of the same title,that is pretty unlucky.

12. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Haha maybe. Mine is coming from the UK, the replacement will be here Wednesday.
    It is weird that so many got "lost". Most of the missing ones seem to be coming from the UK.
    My replacement shipped out of France.

13. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Well, that's certainly an exception.

14. infinte loop

infinte loop New Member

My Amazon UK Animals was supposed to show up Thursday 12/1 but never came either. After chatting with customer service, my replacement was dispatched last night from the UK, should arrive here in California on Wednesday via UPS.

Strange that so many initial shipments of Animals from Amazon UK to the US have gotten lost, spirit of Orwell perhaps?

3Dman and Vinyl Addict like this.
  15. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

My Animals arrived on Friday. A day late.

Hattipper likes this.
  16. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

Got mine today!

tkl7 and Vinyl Addict like this.
  17. SibilanceSegs

SibilanceSegs Forum Resident

same

18. cgoodwin22

cgoodwin22 Senior Member

or just very anal.....no phun indended.

19. Vinyl Addict

Was it way behind schedule?

20. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Are the preorders still available for AMLOR and TFC on Amazon.uk? Don't see them anywhere.

21. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

azjvm05, 3Dman and Vinyl Addict like this.
  22. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Yes, Amazon cuts you off because they are losing money off multiple returns.
    We had customers who were serial "returners".... Didn't matter what, they would invariably find defects. Eventually corporate started tracking returns by customer data, and would follow up on multiple returns as many times that was evidence of fraud.

Anyway... With vinyl... We stopped stocking multiple copies. That way the customers who found flaws with everything basically ran out of copies to return after the third one. And because those copies weren't actually "sold," we didn't restock. Problem solved... Kind of. It would be a month or more before we stocked that title... Long enough for the pressing run to work out defects and/or the problem customer to move on to a different store.

23. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Of course my copy showed up today after I raised a ruckus with them.
    I will return the second copy if I didn't catch them in time...

[​IMG]

Pink Floyd Animals

From what I'm hearing right now, it sounds very good....it's just different. Like some of the others in this series, it's a bit polite IMO, and it seems to be missing a little of the low end energy that defines earlier versions. It's clearer sounding, which is not a bad thing, it's just a different approach. Again, overall a bit polite. The swells and peaks in "Dogs" for example, just don't have quite the same dynamic impact.

My pressing is absolutely flawless. Flat and quiet. I hear others had to go through a few,but this one is a keeper.

I'm not a fan of the cover...but you all knew that already.

24. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

For someone who doesn't have Meddle on vinyl, what you recommend? Original Uk or French copy or the new reissue?

25. Vinyl Addict

mikedifr0923 likes this.