New Showtime TV Show: "Shameless" (William H. Macy)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nukevor, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Season 6 Blu ray announced for August 3oth !!!!

[​IMG]

2. Complier

Complier Senior Member

This season is by far the worst.

3. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Disagree

4. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I don't know if it's the worst. But this show stopped being must see tv years ago. It still, occasionally has a charm, but it's growing stale.

I want to like this show. But I might be watching out of habit more than anything else.

chilinvilin and Complier like this.
  5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I enjoy it for what it is. I really don't think there has been all that much change over the years. I've been in since the beginning, and I've liked watching the characters go through their different stages. This season is no different.

6. Chris from Chicago

To those who still watch the show: I've conducted a social experiment. I've asked maybe 12 different people who was the worst parent...Frank or Monica. Every male answered Monica. And every female answered Frank.

What say you?

7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Well Monica left a lot, and of course has mental illness. Frank stuck around, although it probably would've been better if left too. I find them equally reprehensible parents, but I sure do enjoy watching them.

8. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Enjoy the show but I am not sure why. There is not one likable character.

9. mikem60

mikem60 Forum Resident

Season Finale was Great

10. Chris from Chicago

You know, for maybe the first time, this show made me sad. I might be more invested in this than I thought.

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

That was always my biggest fear with this show:
    That, for whatever reason, things would start getting serious!
    I fear a 'very special "Shameless"' episode.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  12. Werner Berghofer

Werner Berghofer Forum Resident

Laura Wiggins was born on August 8, 1988. At the time this particular scene was filmed I think she was at least 22 years old, so don’t worry ;-)

13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Thanks to a FREE SHOWTIME WEEKEND, I finally catching up with "Shameless"!
    I'm surprised they still keep the show as funny as the first few seasons!
    Very impressed!

Splungeworthy likes this.
  14. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Really? Funny, I like them all. The exceptions being Monica and Fiona's annoying first boyfriend/big love. I started watching it some weeks ago and have already watched the first five seasons, so I must really like this show, me thinks...

15. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Uh, and Sam of course. What a mean bitch

16. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

New season starts November 5th.

17. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Believe me, I really like this show, watched all available seasons but I don't find redeeming qualities in any of the characters. But, that's just me.

Splungeworthy likes this.
  18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Since my son got Netflix, on top of my already ridiculously large library of discs, Shameless is now the only show I still buy on Blu-ray, to keep the show complete.
    I even watched season 7 on Netflix, then again weeks later on BD.
    Oh yeah, this Chicago boy is a fan.
    :agree:

Vinyl Socks and Jack like this.
  19. Chris from Chicago

I sort of agree with this. The first season or two, there was a certain charm to their debauchery. But that wore thin after awhile. I still watch it. But it sure isn't must see tv anymore.

20. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I'm watching now out of a sense of finality-I just want to see how it turns out. This may be the one show I don't tell too many people I watch, because every time I innocently suggest to just dip your toe in the water, my friends come back to me horrified. It's definitely not for everyone. I tend to like my TV characters as unlikeable as possible, which is why I watch shows like You're The Worst, Better Things, Vice Principals, and Shameless. Don't get me wrong, I know there's some semblance of humanity in the Gallaghers; you just have to go through so much muck to see it.

21. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I saw a sneak preview of the first episode last night. The child actor who played Liam has been recast and is a little older and has dialogue. Delivered my favorite line of the night.

We also caught a preview of the new Showtime Dramedy “Smilf”. A little too raw for my taste but considering the name it was to be expected.

In the most fittingly Shameless moment of the night, someone brought their baby to the premier.

JimW likes this.
  22. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Season 8! Liam speaks! Same opening as ever, and this show has the best "previouslies" in the business.
    It's kind of amazing-they have everyone back (well, except Mickey :(), and the show hasn't lost a step. Right from the opening scene you know we're back in Gallagher country (blue?). I'm continually astonished at how well curated the show is musically, almost to a fault-sometimes the music cues can be a little jarring. I love the fact that Frank smoked 1/2 of his inheritance and gave the rest away to the "needy"-right-so very Shameless. Kev has breast cancer-that has to be another first for episodic TV. Lip is fighting his alcoholism with every fiber of his being. Frank with his amends-can Sheila be far off? And Emmy Rossum-wow, just wow is she beautiful.
    So many great lines. "Russians aren't really a priority". That Liam line: "A cracker told me my life matters". And that fourth wall breaker at the end from "G.I." Carl: "America first m-fers!"
    Welcome back old friend. You were missed.
    Reserving judgement on "SMILF' until I see more episodes, but it is definitely a shock to the system.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  23. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

That is my take on it as well.

That said, I will DVR the new episodes and watch them, but I don't get that "I have to watch it right way" feeling from this show.

24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Why is there a new kid playing Liam?!

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Macy is a solid dependable actor who always delivers...

Chris from Chicago likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.