Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

What about the visual element? Is that not interesting?

2. You could make these new additional songs "fake stereo" so they will match the Nile Song. :D

Six Bachelors and andrewskyDE like this.
  3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I like this note about the Paradiso '69 recording:
    "[NB: Pink Floyd performed an all-instrumental set on this occasion]"
    lol. You can hear the vocals are very "out there" though... I know there was a technical issue with the microphones. Wonder if the audience also didn't hear them sing or was it just a problem connected to the recording desk?

4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Haha! Thought about it, too. ;)
    Maybe I could do some stereo panning on these mono tracks but not sure if this works well combined with the album. At least I could make a hybrid mix of the 'More Blues' sometime.

5. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Have the drums in OOTD (Pompeii) always been so distorted at 3:20 - 3:30?

6. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Here's a suggestion for the Parametric EQ in Adobe Audition from earlier in the thread

[​IMG]

7. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Totally missed that- thanks. I tried the dynamic EQ settings last night and damn, this thing mix/mastering just fights sounding even acceptable. This isn't headphone music. Shame.

8. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

The January '69 footage is quite hilarious - you can hear Roger and Dave strumming their instruments, Nick occasionally taps his drums, members of the audience look elsewhere, look bored, look confused. Terrific stuff. I've got to hand it to the boys - going onto a French TV show and miming to ASOS? That takes some bottle (or misjudgment).

Yep - the second track on the Cambridge St/ation DVD/Blu-Ray. Looks great. Some of it is synched, most of it isn't.

I think it was probably covered before but is this all the footage that exists?

9. QUESTION for those with the set: Specifically among the VIDEO material on the set, what video segments have the most *interesting* and *important* AUDIO??

In other words, regardless of the fact that said audio is coupled with video (and irrespective of the quality of said video), what's the most valuable AUDIO that happens to be found on the DVD's (or on the video-portion of the Blu-rays) -- ???

(Still planning to order the set after the 1st of the year (probably by Jan or Feb), when I can hopefully score a little better deal.)

10. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I'm not sure but I think these pictures come straight from the 'Tonite Let's All Make Love' a/k/a 'London 66/67' film and maybe this is the only footage that still exist from that time.

Six Bachelors likes this.
  11. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

There's a lot of great audio on the blurays.
    KQED and Amougies are two of the many highlights. But I found the version of Celestial Voices from Kralingen Festival to be the most amazing one I've ever heard. The audio quality might not be the best, but damn it's powerful, I really forgot how great it really is. You gotta watch the video, when they do the 3rd round everything seem to get to a totally different level. I've never found a version like this ever, and if there is I'd love to know.

12. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

It's a real bummer the box set did not include the full sessions. The quality of the except is much better than previously released version. I hope a high res version of this comes out in full at some point.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  13. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

Thanks I'll try this out on all the overly bright stuff on the box set

14. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

You'd think that the EY box would have had more if they'd had it available.

I quite like what we get - it looks wonderful. Roger's pimples show up nicely.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hehe, well, I don't have the first sub-box (yet) but I know some excerpts which were shown on the Floyd documentary 'Which One's Pink'.
    And yeah, I like Roger's glasses!

Six Bachelors likes this.
  16. Terry

Terry Senior Member

The Blu Ray consists of the films More and Obscured by Clouds. Interesting but not necessary.

17. Interstellar Overdrive

Interstellar Overdrive Well-Known Member

16:42 & 11:47 here.

18. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I have this set, but have no way of extracting the Meddle 5.1 content (no blu-ray drive on my computer). Help!!!! I wanna hear this! Also, has anyone figured out how to burn this to a physical medium that can be played (other than the USB drive method)?

19. Dean taylor

Dean taylor New Member

Hi Guys
    I'm new here and realy could use your help please..basically one of my in my early years bluray won't play. I have contacted warners custermer sevivces by the given web address but have been told twice that I am not elegble for a replacement because I did not buy from there web store? I have read here that some are now receiving there replacements..I'm here in the uk and if one of you guys could tell me who you contacted and how that would help so much..apart from the one blu Ray my set is perfect and the more I play the better it gets ,it's perfect for my needs.
    Again I would very much appreciate your help.
    Dean.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  20. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Haven't you forgotten the other Blu-ray in Volume 7?

The one which has all this:

1. Spare 2 seconds chapter
    • Hampstead Heath and St. Michael’s Church, Highgate, London, UK, March 1967
    1. "Arnold Layne (Alternative version)"‡ – 2.56
    • "P1–P wie Petersilie" Stuggart, Germany, 22 July 1969 – 16.52
    1. "Corporal Clegg"
    2. Band interview
    3. "A Saucerful of Secrets"
    • ‘Bath Festival of Blues & Progressive Music’, Shepton Mallet, UK, 27 June 1970
    1. "Atom Heart Mother" – 3.46
    • "Kralingen Music Festival" Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 28 June 1970 – 10.16
    1. "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun"
    2. "A Saucerful Of Secrets"
    • "The Amsterdam Rock Circus" Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 22 May 1972 – 35.41
    1. "Atom Heart Mother"
    2. "Careful with That Axe, Eugene"
    3. "A Saucerful of Secrets"
    • The Committee (feature film) – 55.18

andrewskyDE likes this.
  21. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Yes, you're right; however, the quality is just too rough for me.

22. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I find that hard to believe. A great deal of what was mentioned is in excellent quality (Arnold Layne, P1, Kralingen).

23. Terry

Terry Senior Member

You certainly listed the finest.

24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I just watched the Germin/ation bluray, and I love all of these promo films they made in Brussels!!
    Really enjoying everything on the disc. The most funny one is Roger miming Syd's 'Apples And Oranges'. Man, this is gorgeous!!

25. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Pink Freud

I have this edition. I checked (briefly) and the Aussie Relix definitely sounds... different from the remastered CD. How could I determine for sure that the Axis version was true mono?