Poll: 'Back to Black' album by Amy Winehouse in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AdamCalifornia, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

'Back to Black' is a stone-cold classic. She wrote all the songs. She was the real-deal.

2. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Just listened to B to B side 1 yesterday. Some great stuff but Mr. Jones kinda ruins it for me right in the middle. What kind of muckery is that ? Rehab,I'm No Good,and Love Is A Losin Game all A+. Does have that Phil Spector meets R&B/Soul vibe. She had it,she lost it,it happens,it's sad.

3. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

The only CD I've ever bought where I've opened it up to find the album in there twice, bonus!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

1. Probably not.

2. Amy or Adele?

andrewskyDE and YMC4 like this.
  5. vivresavie

vivresavie Forum Resident

It was recorded analog so they should do a new DSD transfer and license it to AF/MFSL for SACD release! Until then, the UK vinyl is the best we have.:mad:

6. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

Amy.

7. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

1. I think the Adele phenomenon still would have happened as Adele was inspired to come out with that type of music. Amy Winehouse was a big influence and gave Adele the confidence to release the albums she did as the public had shown interest in the genre. And, she had already released both 21 and 19 before Amy Winehouse died (21 predated it by six months)

2. Amy Winehouse would be split; some will thrash her and others will immensely support her.

8. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

No mention of the title track? Back to Black is the star of a brilliant show.

Fender Relic likes this.
  9. Blank Frank

Blank Frank King of Carrot Flowers

Well this one who has no Amy Winehouse didn't for a moment think she was a Carey or Abdul...Back in the day you couldn't move over here for Amy Winehouse on the radio, in shops, everywhere. Which was a drag for those of us who found her voice and singing style at best annoying and more usually actually painful.

10. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Does anyone have a copy of the latest double lp, half speed mastered version that they could comment on? Is this an improvement on the UK version?

11. canali

canali Member

i was to pick the Back to Black CD up from amazon...have heard mixed things on the SQ, however....im so surprised given the record's reception, that someone hasn't done some a nice remastering.

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Originally I wanted to buy Back To Black on CD years ago but later bought the 4 disc book including Frank, Back To Black and outtakes from both eras plus her posthumous album instead.^^
    So actually I have all of her studio albums and some extra music now.

By the way, I actually prefer Frank. 'Take The Box' is my fave Amy track.

Marble Index and vivresavie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.