R.I.P. Scott Weiland.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by krock2009, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

I only became a fan of his during his Velvet Revolver days. After seeing him with VR at Hammersmith in 2004, I realised he was the frontman that I had always dreamed of seeing live.

And yes, I do remember that his death was the start of the long streak of tragic news about our musical heroes.

2. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

I feel Scott received the least amount of acknowledgement of all major artists that have recently passed away. The amount of people that were too busy trying to put their "you can't say it wasn't expected" opinion across, rather than admiring the guy's tremendous talent made me sick. His death left a huge hole in myself & many others........ there will never be anyone like him.
    RIP Scott

3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

He died a year ago today. :cry: :( :shake:

4. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

5. éder

éder Forum Resident

Can't believe its been a year.. so sorry you didn't make it Scott - you were a big influence on me and my singing..i sang 'meatplow' and 'seven caged tigers' as part of my singing examinations at music college..you had such a great voice .. my favourite vocal performance of yours is 'still remains'...it is such an underrated STP gem , a great melody with some of your best lyrics ...

" pick a song and sing a yellow nectarine,
    Take a bath i'll drink the water that you leave,
    If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend,
    Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away " ..

- and thats how i'll remember you scott. RIP xxx

6. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I saw Scott and the Wildabouts 5 days before he died at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair NJ. I thought he sounded really good and was energetic. I was pretty shocked when I heard the news. He was a great talent and will sorely be missed. What I found reallly strange was that his idol David Bowie died not to long after. What a year it's been...

7. Scott crossed over a buttload of musical styles, and incorporated them beautifully, as did the entire band. The saddest part from my view is how the dope just slowly sucked it all away from him. There is no more STP.. No need to copy and paste a new singer in and ruin the amazing things Scott did with them.

Groggy, MikaelaArsenault and éder like this.
  8. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

Scott was a great entertaining front man and a major talent.

Lets just enjoy the music and tribute his musical legacy.

His personal life and demons is a tragic story.

9. Ditto. Been listening to a lot of STP this year...RIP Scott

MikaelaArsenault and éder like this.
  10. éder

éder Forum Resident

I've been listening to the pilots a lot this week.. just revisiting their albums and its a great catalogue of songs..
    Purple will always be my favourite STP album and one of my favourite albums ever - its flawless to my ears. Some people say tiny music is their finest hour and i can't argue with that but i just prefer purple..
    The first four albums are all great though... not bad for a pearl jam rip off band ! Lol

11. éder

éder Forum Resident

.. also l'd like to add - maybe because it was fairly short, the STP MTV unplugged tends to get overlooked... but i thought it sounded fantastic.
    Its a pity that STP recorded it prior to writing 'purple' or 'tiny music' . I know that there are acoustic versions of songs from those albums, but it would have been great to see STP perform another mtv unplugged a few more years into their career with a bigger collection of songs to choose from....it would have made a great album...
    Weiland sounded brilliant in an acoustic setting..

12. drasil

drasil Former Resident

that's great. I posted that same stanza to this thread when he died--I can still remember my reaction when I first heard that lyric. it's brilliant, really mid-60s Lennon-influenced.

thgord and éder like this.
  13. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Boomy and Old Rusty like this.
  14. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

Such an underrated vocalist. :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.