Jethro Tull: Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kim Olesen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

2. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

Love surprises when it comes to THIS album being rereleased....absolutely ranks at the top among Tull albums for me, I have been listening to it all week as I do each year during fall in New England

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Thank You for this ! Pre ordered.

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  4. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

It's that and the next two for me, dear God, I've never been so looking forward to releases. It's like reliving the classic years all over again!

5. The first 500 copies sold will come signed and include a real hair plucked from Ian Anderson'e beard. :D

Keith V, johnny q and Runicen like this.
  6. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

:laugh: Class.

Too damn real. Sorry, try again.

7. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I'm not sure if I'm losing my mind but did a deluxe 5.1 of Songs from the Woods come out? Thought I missed it and was Benefit rereleased in the book style packaging like they did with Aqualung?

8. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Not yet, it is in progress and should be out in the new year, around the albums 40th anniversary.

9. Scooter59

Scooter59 Forum Resident

Benefit was released as a 2-CD, 1 DVD set in a tri-fold digipak (Steven Wilson mixes). Stand Up just came out in book form, but I think only three discs this time.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  10. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

I just listened to the RSD release of Ring Out Solstice Bells (Steve Wilson remix):

not sure I heard much difference on the title track, it didn't sound great to me (keep in mind this is a 7" sample at 33/3 speed)

Christmas song wasn't remixed but it is just such a perfect song I love hearing everytime, it represents really why Ian is one of my favorite writers

Another Chrsitmas Song has got to be the best later day Jethro Tull songs, not remixed but another great great listen, I love that period of Tull by the way

lastly Magic Bells, so great to hear these different versions coming out, production is missing lyrics different more guitar, I prefer the finished product

get this release, it may be the only version of Magic Bells on vinyl ever released

I am most excited for this release because not only one of my favorites but I think there might be a lot of extra stuff

11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I didn't think the sound on the last record store day EP was that hot either.

12. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

The anniversary is in February. Are they aiming to release the set then? If so, when would we expect presale to happen?

13. Myke

Crystal balls says mid January. :faint:

Keith V likes this.
  14. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

Do you think the tracklist will be revealed before then?

15. Myke

With the internet, and esp. Facebook, I won't be surprised. Looking forward to it big time.

aoxomoxoa and electronicpaperboy like this.
  16. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

Usually, the tracklists of these sets are revealed as soon as you can pre-order them!

17. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

If this is going to be released coinciding with the actual anniversary, we should have news pretty soon I guess.

Galeans likes this.
  18. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

This is what I was hoping for.

19. Myke

Has yours shipped yet ? I've sent an e mail asking when this will ship for me ?

20. BrunoSamppa

BrunoSamppa Forum Resident

The original 2.0 mix is fantastic. The worth will be the 5.1, for who like it. Personally, i hope the full BBC Sight & Sound Live at Hippodrome Concert video with Stereo Sound as bonus on the DVD.

21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

This record is the reason I went to Newbury Comics on RSD. I didn't get there until afternoon but luckily there was one left.

Agreed, a great listen.

22. electronicpaperboy

So sorry for the delay in picking this up. No not yet, I was beginning to wonder where it was. I've used them in the past and they have been a bit tardy. They haven't got a great reputation on this site either. Did you get a response?

23. Myke

Nothing yet. I too, have used them before, but can't remember if they were a PITA or not.

24. electronicpaperboy

I've used them t
    I've used them twice. Once the CD didn't show for weeks. I called them up and they said, sorry it must not be in stock. Pretty lame!

Myke likes this.
  25. electronicpaperboy

I'll call them tommorow and report back!

Myke likes this.