Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Madlove

Madlove Hare Hunter Field

2. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

My first "good" pair of speakers were the ADS L-700 in about 1972 I'd say. Thirty years later I came across a pair of the famous L-710, in like new condition, at an estate sale and enjoyed those for years as well. Never actually heard the L-910 speakers but I'm sure they were grand!

3. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Oh yes!!! Thanks for the pic.

4. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

5. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

That's what I'm talking about Madlove. Two quality sources into what appears to be some tube components.....into a nice set of monitors.

Bet it sounds good!

Madlove and PhilBiker like this.
  6. OpethPA

OpethPA Embracing my inner geek

This thread makes me so happy, some amazing photos to look at.

Im going to take some pics of my setup, it's entry level at best ..about 15 years ago I had a Marantz + B&W DM604 setup which made me very happy..
    Life then took a turn for the different , I sold the original audio setup I had and after a separation I found myself back at the family home, in a small room..So now my entry level setup is a Pioneer receiver, Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers , a Sony BD6500 and some multichannel SACD discs..

It doesnt in any way compare to what i see here, the whole setup is under $1k but it matters to me just as much as something more expensive because during a rough time , like it has been for so many here, music has gotten me through.. =)

7. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Each has their strengths and weaknesses in my room. The 805s go lower and with more authority but the LS50s truly perform as point sources and did a better job of disappearing.

Changes may be underway again soon.

PhilBiker likes this.
  8. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Well, you should know, when we get older, and I'm older, everything changes, and we look back on what we had in the past and "wish" we were smart enough to have held on to it. For me, it all began with my mother's "Audiophile" Zenith ultra stereo automatic record player, and my friend's super RCA automatic 45 record player, just the best of the best. The Zenith had a top that popped off with a second compartment housing the "super tweeter", and you could put that speaker about 4 feet from the enclosed speakers in the unit, however, I needed that super stereo separation, and added some more wire, that is when it all started for me, how many people on this site go back this far, I ask you? Darn, this is probably the unit I owned back in the day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Madlove

Thanks Ron P. I'm using Icon Audio amps from the UK. Sounds real nice.

vudicus likes this.
  10. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

All that matters is you enjoy the music and care about it like we all do. Look for my pictures and videos in this thread your system is like the ones that I have.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  11. jtw

jtw Forum Resident

So many speakers close to walls. Folks should definitely consider their placement options before buying. It seems there are relatively few 'against the wall' options. So, most people are going to have to place them against a wall, and most speakers are designed to sound their best away from walls.

12. hockman

hockman Forum Resident

Beautiful!

How does the Thorens compare with the Lenco?

SandAndGlass and Madlove like this.
  13. Many ProAcs can hug the wall

14. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

You are very right. Even though my room is rather small I foolishly bought fairly large rear-ported monitors, Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1. Even though I like the speakers I wish I had bought something smaller and with a sealed enclosure. Due to the size of my apartment I have my speakers 6 inches from the back wall, any further and I fear people bumping into them. I do use the foam cylinder port plugs from the manufacturer which help a bit but still feel the speakers are too big for my room. I would love to hear them properly set up in a bigger room so I could really see what they can do with my new Creek amp!

15. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

Quite!

Jay hartman, Ron P. and Dennis0675 like this.
  16. Madlove

Thanks Hockman. The Thorens is from Dave at Vinyl Nirvana. Its a beautiful sounding table, I really love it. The Lenco is a rebuild I did on my own (with help from the forum Lenco Heaven) and I'm having some tracking problems right now. It sounds very nice. The Thorens has more of a full, warmer tone, while the Lenco sounds crisp and detailed. Its a nice combo, I hope I can fix the Lenco.

SandAndGlass and Bananas&blow like this.
  17. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

The Cardas code is a great guide but as George has said the final se-up is done by ear.

MaxxMaxx4 likes this.
  18. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Looks great but speakers backed up to the wall ?

MaxxMaxx4 likes this.
  19. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

My room is 3x4m :)

[​IMG]

Kyhl, Quake1028, arar and 24 others like this.
  20. Ricardo Cosinaro

Ricardo Cosinaro Forum Resident

21. Eduardo Denaro

Eduardo Denaro Forum Resident

Love the setup Ricardo. You should post a couple more pictures of the room. There are many of us who'd like to see the rest of the art you've got! And the listening area. The speakers are so pretty.

22. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

My girl friend in high school, her Dad loved music and he had an old console that was Zenith, RCA.....? I would say from somewhere in the 50's. The wood work on it was beautiful but I never paid much attention to it. One day, I had just picked up the new "Young Americans" release from Bowie and had it with me and he said, "put it on", pointing to the old console. I was nervous as I broke the seal on my new LP for my Lp's, especially new ones, were only played on my precious Yamaha table with my Stanton 681-EEE. But when I lifted the lid on this dinosaur I was pleasantly surprised. It was really nice in there! Looked downright expensive. I switched it on and then he said, "give it a couple of minutes"...??? tubes? So, a few minutes later I put the cartridge down and it sounds good, really good actually. By the time I flipped to side two it sounded great!

Some of that old gear was very fine!

JeffMo, SandAndGlass, IanL and 5 others like this.
  23. smctigue

smctigue Forum Resident

I'm having a serious love affair with a cute little 58 year old (Pilot 232). This little beauty spent most of it's life in the belly of a console. Great transformers.

Ron P. likes this.
  24. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

I went to one of the great audio shows in New York many years ago and not including the mega buck huge loudspeakers, the Vandersteen 5s and the Aerial 10Ts were my absolute favorites. I thought the Vandersteen 5s were hands down the best speaker, but I just could not afford them at the time so went with the 10Ts, but they are the most realistic, beautifully crafted speaker possible, and your room is stunning!! :agree:

25. MaxxMaxx4

MaxxMaxx4 Forum Resident

I'm glad someone else noticed that,nice otherwise though.