Tom Petty vinyl box set 1994-2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jack, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

Not that Amazon is always totally accurate with their listing information I suspect this may apply to volume 2 only as the MCA set (1) does not have that same statement on Amazon in its description. That said Petty vinyl has had the tendency to get scarce in the past and I have been waiting years for several of these titles to be available again. I am gambling that they will do individual listings for set 1 so I can fill out my vinyl needs without buying that set. I would also guess that set 2 will easily outsell set 1 and it may end up on Popmarket for a great deal in the not so distant future and I would be up for that if the price is right.

John Grimes and ex_mixer like this.
  2. Minafer

Minafer Forum Resident

Echo didn't sound as good as I hoped.

3. It's already been in Pop Market for 219 less 20%. I doubt it will go any lower .

4. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I don't know if I will rip Highway Companion or not...I know it is a new mastering, but I love the sound of my original LP as well.

5. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

A lower price might happen if set 1 does not sell well and they get stuck with stock down the road with overstock and assuming set 1 is not limited. Set 2 will likely sell out if they indeed hold it to 3000 so the best price has likely already happened. As an example I was able to get the black version of YGGI for a bit over 6 bucks from a seller on Amazon presumably because they over printed the title after the RSD release several years ago and there is a lot of stock still out there. I would guess if we polled the SHF folks who are posting in this thread more than 75% are probably getting set 2.

6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Vol. 2 is easily the more wanted in this set just due to the scarce availibility of most of those albums. I have all of the ones in Vol. 1 except for ITGWO which I will be getting when it is individually released. I may pick up Full Moon Fever for comparison sake as well. I thew on Southern Accents the other night just to remind myself how great the mastering/sound is on the OP. Old Petty sounds fantastic on original vinyl so I have no need for the Vol. 1 set.

7. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

It is an "expensive" hobby.:agree:

Sean and Mazzy like this.
  8. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

Anyone get Vol 1 that has originals of Full Moon Fever and Great Wide Open? I'm curious to hear your thoughts. My originals sound excellent and I am trying to talk myself OUT of the box!

9. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Why risk it, get one anyway.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  10. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

You can always wait for the individual releases to pick up the ones you're most interested in. That's what I'm doing.

11. Minafer

Minafer Forum Resident

I'm quite curious about this as well... but having both of these records pressed by QRP is having quite a pull on me

12. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

amazon now says I will have Vol 2 on Wednesday. That is 3 different dates in the last two days smh

bootbox likes this.
  13. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

They probably ordered a bunch from popmarket. :laugh:

Ricardo Cosinaro and btltez like this.
  14. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I know this is off topic but if anyone is interested Pop Market currently has the Zeppelin BBC 5 lp set for $44.99 which is a ridiculous deal. I paid around $80 for this when it came out. Not sure if you can get additional discounts on the $44.99 but if you don't have this don't miss out on this price!

15. Is Mudcrunch on it? :tiphat:

Clanceman likes this.
  16. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Anyone else have opinions on the sound quality of Echo? I certainly hope it easily beats the CD version. I listened to this entire album the other day and it has certainly grown on me to the point where I would rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Full of incredible songs!

17. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Tom Petty had some Zeppelin influences showing on Mojo, no doubt.

Mazzy likes this.
  18. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

$176 at Popmarket right now. Use POPMARKET20 at checkout to receive 20% off

Both boxes for $351.99 free shipping.

Thats $16.76 per album, not bad.

VinylRob, Tullman, tyler928 and 2 others like this.
  19. Tropehjelm

Tropehjelm Forum Resident

¨Very good offer. To bad it seem i cant get them to ship it to Norway.

20. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Anyone know what's the best current UK/Europe price for Vol. 2? There doesn't seem to be a lot of options out there.

Frank Field likes this.
  21. Yankeefan01

Yankeefan01 Forum Resident

NO! I'm not pulling the trigger on this! I got it as far as in my cart, along with the Led Zep $45 BBC set.

But NO, i will not do it.
    I will not do it with popmarket20.
    I will not do it with free shipping!
    I will not do it, Sam I am.

Juggsnelson and Jam757 like this.
  22. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Let us know how they sound when you get them!:righton:

23. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Jesus, the $45 Zep BBC five vinyl set is such a great deal it somewhat pisses me off! LOL
    Thats what I get for being impatient. Immediately click and purchase if you don't have that...and YES it does sound FANTASTIC!

24. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

When you apply the popmarket20 code it's actually $36 and for some reason I also got free shipping. I had written this off as one I resisted but, come on, no resisting that.

Jam757 likes this.
  25. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Finished cleaning up my raw rip of LP 1 from Wildflowers (Sides A & B). What an incredible sounding recording! I don't think we will see anything better in the future for this title. Love the songs and the sound...so organic and natural.

I just captured the raw rip of the first LP for Echo - this sounds great as well! Unlike Wildflowers, my copy of this title was nice and flat. But why did they miss the boat here and not spread all these songs out over four sides instead of just three? I mean, if you're going to create the "definitive" edition of this title why not go all out? Side A clocked in at 23 minutes and Side B 21 minutes. I don't see why we have to have three sides with five songs each when they could have done something similar to the original pressing - it had four sides of songs. :realmad:

bootbox, Jam757 and RMB77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.