Radio Disney censorship

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I doubt most artists care- better to have your song played on Radio Disney to increase album sales than have it not played at all, right?

MikaelaArsenault and Chemguy like this.
  2. tremspeed

tremspeed Well-Known Member

cutting edge reference, and a GREAT joke.

3. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

One time I was in a cab and he had on obviously AM radio and I was all: I can't believe i didnt know they were playing pop music like this on AM, what in the world is this? and he was all: Radio Disney my friend

4. We enjoy searching out things to complain about? :D

5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't, no.

impalaboy likes this.
  6. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Parents who have children may feel that Radio Disney is a safe alternative to songs their children might listen to on the grown-up radio stations. I would think that parents (myself included) do not want to hear their children singing 'oo baby give to me good; I wanna ugh, ugh, ugh ya' and all that. I don't fancy hearing my 6 and 8 year old singing stuff like that.

But whether a song is censored or not - who cares!?! The song is on the radio, it's being played, the station playing it has to pay the artist/publishing company right?

7. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I'll hazard a guess that most artists--especially those who are likely to get RadioDisney airplay--are completely fine with edits. It's not like Jesse McCartney has a social agenda in his lyrics. ;)

MikaelaArsenault and drasil like this.
  8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Before they started playing a lot more of the Disney-label artists, it really wasn't such a bad place to get an idea of what the latest pop singles were.

Those Radio Disney Jams compilation CDs are kind of an interesting mix of what the current pop hits were, and some older songs too.

Radio Disney Jams series - Wikipedia ยป

9. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I have an 8 year old daughter, she watches the Disney channel incessantly. They tend to turn their TV stars into Pop stars, double dipping if you will. I once found a sheet of writing (obviously in her hand) that mentioned a bottle of whiskey. Seemed an odd topic for a little girl, turns out it was song lyrics.

10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I find it odd that she would have heard that lyric (about whiskey) on Radio Disney or on the Disney Channel. Surely they wouldn't have allowed that lyric in a song played on their station?

Could she have been listening to another radio station or something?

11. AKA

AKA Senior Member

"Comin' up next on Radio Disney, it's Nine Inch Nails with 'Closer to Gosh.'"

12. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

This same question could be asked about ANY radio station that plays an edited version of a song.

13. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I'm assuming she heard it elsewhere, but yes this is why Disney edits some of their songs. They have worked hard at developing a kid friendly brand.

kanno1ae likes this.
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, I noticed that when they play anything by Blood on the Saddle, they just call them BS.

They call the Butthole Surfers the BH Surfers.

The times I've heard them play The Slits, they just called them The S Band.

And back when they were playing a lot of Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel they just called them Off the Wheel.

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

:laugh: "And then we've got March Of The Three Little Piggies".

AKA likes this.
  16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Not really- other radio stations play edited songs because of FCC rules. I believe Radio Disney's policies are stricter because they're meant for the 12-and-under crowd.

17. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Thanks for noticing. :righton:

18. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

I was wondering the EXACT same thing, until I realized that I was listening to Radio Disney, and I wasn't an 11 year old girl...

[​IMG]

19. daveidmarx

"I want to be friends with an animal.." ;)

Robert Parker, drasil and AKA like this.
  20. daveidmarx

How long did it take you to realize that second part?? :shh:

21. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

The better question is why are you listening to radio disney?

22. daveidmarx

'Cause they're all ears! ;) For me, I worked at a place many years ago that only had an AM radio (the horror!!), and that was the only station that we could pick up which played music. Thankfully, the gig was only for a few months.

23. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

When I tried to create a "Dragon-Hide Journal" from instructions of Pinterest, and my squeals of impish delight were three octaves below F# over high C :(

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    longaway and daveidmarx like this.
  24. daveidmarx

At least you squealed, though! :laugh:

Hokeyboy likes this.
  25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I would say that sounds like hell, but half the places you walk in here have modern country radio on, so I suppose it could always be worse.

melstapler and daveidmarx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.