The "Official" All Purpose Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

GT is on fire on this clip.

motorcitydave, Tony Stark and Deuce66 like this.
  2. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

I would agree 100% on this. However, I would go back one album and also include 'Electric' which to this day still remains my favorite Cult album. Good memories of making a road trip to the see the band at a small club supporting the album.

GodShifter likes this.
  3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

7 O'Clock, Hey You, & Sex Party should be FM radio staples like Tracks from the 1st Black Crowes album, IMO.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I actually think the best tracks from that album are "I don't love you anymore", "misled" and "take me home"

Brenald79 likes this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Great songs. I also like Pretty Girls, one of the b-sides to the singles. How's the 2nd album?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Matthew Tate

I own every album the quireboys have released. bitter sweet and twisted is not as good as the first. I don't think of them are. that being said the 2nd album has 8-9 good tracks which you can see isn't a good sign as its 14 songs. "king of new york", "tramps and thieves", "hates to please" and "ain't love blind" are my favorites.

Brenald79 likes this.
  7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The Quireboys - Wikipedia »
    Impressive collection. I was checking out their discography on Wikipedia and 8 of their albums are listed as going gold or platinum in the US. Surely this a mistake.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

That's clearly someone changing something. A platinum album from The Quireboys in 2015?

GodShifter and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

cool, but jon lord over don airey, easily...

10. Matthew Tate

yes that's a mistake. they haven't had a charting album in the US in over 20 years

11. Trillmeister

Trillmeister Forum Resident

Re The Cult (and whilst I'll speed along as illegally as the next Metallian to most of the stuff from Sonic Temple, these days,) 'back in the day' I seem to recall that whilst queueing outside provincial civic buildings in order to witness early-mid period Dio, or whoever, Mr. Astbury & co were pretty squarely defined as 'Goths.'

12. ifihadafish

ifihadafish Forum Resident

Agree there - I have Anathema and Cathedral as the best British bands of the last 20 odd years.

Paradise Lost lost me with Host - I'm still piecing together a recovery operation.

GodShifter likes this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

the whole band is firing on target, I would love to get that entire show

Tony Stark and Rose River Bear like this.
  14. Purplerocks

Purplerocks Forum Resident

Saw Priest on the Point Of Entry tour and i was a changed lad :)
    They were so powerful

15. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

Some of you have absolutely lost your minds - 1987 is an amazing album.

16. Trillmeister

I remember the hoo-hah at the time regarding its production quality: listening to it recently and it struck me what a right old pig's ear of a thing it is.

Possibly a 'very much of its time' sound, it's a sheener from the ninth circle and if you compare it to even the remixed predecessor from 1984, you can hear quite clearly how the transition from late 70s/early 80s 'purity' to the more loudness-centric, productive predilections that have been the norm since, could be executed to greater effect.

Yes, there are parts of the album that are perfectly serviceable (I believe DC refers to a sound that is "snaked up" [stop it, Dave, stop it, now]) but to these ears it sounds largely dated in a very bad way.

Sonically, the following album is leagues ahead but by all other metrics I can't believe too many fans schooled on the Ready An' Willing era material would be cock-a-hoop with this record's saccharin saturated spangle.

Pouchkine likes this.
  17. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

I do find real benefits by beginning a day with traditional, healthy nutrition. :tiphat:
    Cereal "Shot From Guns"? :wtf: Crazy Canucks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  18. Trillmeister

Oh, perfection, Mikey. Poibleedinfection! :righton:

Dreadnought likes this.
  19. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

Isn't it! :cool: I was enjoying the album and then looked for a vid, expecting just the audio track. Despite the subtitle that won't go away and the overdubbed audio it's absolutely terrific. I watched it at least a dozen times.

20. Trillmeister

There is simply no substitute for Heavy Rock (Metal) with melodic overdrive.

21. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I have to take some time to listen to some more Saxon. I always liked this song...

kyouki, Tony Stark and Trillmeister like this.
  22. Trillmeister

Where to begin?

stay crunchy and Tony Stark like this.
  23. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I know Princess of the Night, Denim and Leather along with some other odds and ends. I'm pretty sure I have a greatest hits packed away. I just never got around to it or giving them their due.

Trillmeister and Tony Stark like this.
  24. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

25. Tony Stark

Tony Stark New Member

Saxon and Priest...two of my all time favorite bands. This thread is making me smile today :cool: