Run The Jewels 3 release date and vinyl preorder announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AKdot, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKdot

AKdot Well-Known Member Thread Starter

RTJ3 Preorder - Run the Jewels »

Finally the wait is over! Love the cover art. The deluxe vinyl with instrumental versions is a must.

New track sounds pretty great too.

Gaslight, 926am and CrewU like this.
  2. Remote Control Triangle

Remote Control Triangle Forum Member Rated 6.8 By Pitchfork

Oh...My....GOD.....

I am losing my **** over this track....

Legend Has It »

Pre-ordered the vinyl so fast

CrewU likes this.
  3. CrewU

CrewU Forum Resident

That first track is fire. Just pre-ordered the vinyl as well.

4. Remote Control Triangle

Listen to the saturation on that track....wow wow wow. El-P is at the top of the game. And Killer Mike is my favorite rapper since pac.

AKdot likes this.
  5. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Got mail from Jaime and Mike today and they're giving away the new album for free (MP3 320 kbps):

IT'S A CHRISTMAS F***ING MIRACLE!
    RTJ3 IS HERE!

For Our Jewel Runners Worldwide,

F*** it. We couldn’t help ourselves. It just feels right. After a crazy f***ing year and with a full tour about to set off we asked ourselves what we were waiting for… and we just couldn’t come up with a great answer. You’ve been with us since we started this thing and its made such a huge difference in our lives to have your energy and love. Thank you. So as a gift to all of you who have allowed us to continue to do what we love: RTJ3. We busted our asses on this one and we think we made something special this round. Grab it for free, buy it on any of the digital platforms you like or stream it. Physical copies will still be dropping in January as announced but until then: enjoy and we will see you on the road!

With our love,

Jaime and Mike.

Download link: RTJ3 - Run the Jewels »

You just enter your e-mail adress and download it. I just listened to it over breakfast and it's pretty cool.

[​IMG]

puelche likes this.
  6. Remote Control Triangle

Great album. Some of their rhymes had me laughing out loud, those guys really have a good sense of humor. Sort of difficult to follow up RTJ2 because it's a monster of an album, but I'm really liking it. Their rapping skills got even better, if that was even possible. Seems to have elements of RTJ1 and RTJ2. It's got a very melancholy feel at times, but still bangs like crazy. A good reminder that I need to fix the crappy stock sound system in my Jeep.

7. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I pre-ordered the 4 LP version. I still need to get RTJ2 on vinyl.

8. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

I need to know what SH members think of this one, both the album and the vinyl pressing.

I had to listen to it twice before I had an appreciation for it. Not as aggressive as RTJ2 or fresh as RTJ1, weakest of the three but it is still a solid release and definitely better than whatever the heck meow the jewels was. As a working adult I wouldn't be embarrassed if caught bumping this one at least; I do definitely feel that way about a few tracks on 1 and 2.

8/10

9. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

My vinyl is slightly noisy and slightly warped, doesn't seen to be non fill. I can live with it. The gold color is really dark, almost brown really which is on the ugly side.

Ray Janos (rj?) - Sterling in the deadwax, same as 1 and 2.

Mastering seems flatter than I remeber rtj1 and 2 being.

Gaslight likes this.
  10. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Any opinion on the vinyl SQ versus CD / lossy / stream? I wasn't too thrilled with the $30 price tag, and now it's out of stock / awaiting repress. Just wondering if it's something I should sink the money into (if re-pressed) versus just buying the CD. Thanks.

11. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

My free mp3 copy from Xmas sounds killer out my headphone rig, imo this one sounds better via headphones than my speaker setup.

Based on my slightly noisy copy, I would pass on the vinyl if you can't get a decent deal on it. Mass Appeal is great about keeping rtj releases available, plus if they repress maybe they'll choose a nicer color.

12. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

I just noticed someone updated discogs with pressed at Rainbo for this one which would explain the spotty pressing. It's so obvious with S- in the deadwax I don't recall why I glossed over it!

I re-sold my copy on discogs but I honestly want to re-buy it again already.

13. Grow Fins

Grow Fins ...and leave you laaaaand-lubbing women alone

Mine just arrived, but it's not quite the feast that I was anticipating: looks like someone left the parcel out in the open somewhere during transit, and it's completely soaked :( Cover and inners are all ruined. I'm very peeved about that, as I already saw the colored version in stores here (something I had not anticipated, and at a fraction of the (postage) cost).

Here's to hoping the guys have good customer service (although I anticipate this will end up as a buck passing exercise between the various carriers involved)...

14. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

Rainbo brags about the fact they've been pressing records since 1939 and yet they still haven't figured out how to do a clean, quiet pressing. That being said, this isn't the worst atrocity they've committed on vinyl - it's quite acceptable by their standards.

Mr.Sneis likes this.
  15. Grow Fins

So I can comment on the customer service by now - they are sending me a new copy, which should arrive on Wednesday. Great :)

I did notice that the LP sounds rather different than the free download that I play on my car system. That in all likelihood simply reflects differences between the systems (although the previous owner had a rather decent one fitted in the car), but could possibly also indicate differences between the two mixes - has anyone else noticed it? I played the record extensively in the car prior to the physical release, so the parts that are less prominent on my home system stand out for me.

I probably should try running the mp3s from my ipod to my home system to see if that explains it...

16. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

My pressing is pretty good for Rainbo, not warped that I can see and plays mostly clean. The instrumentals alone made the purchase worth it.

17. Grow Fins

Yeah it was interesting to see them add those as a 4xLP set - a nice touch.

When my replacement arrives I'll have the chance to treat a friend to the damaged one - vinyl plays fine, it's just the rest that looks rather vintage now! A nice chance to convert some more to RTJ.

18. Grow Fins

So my replacement arrived today, and by special delivery - great service. If you are interested in the album, I therefore can certainly recommend the RTJ webstore, they have been excellent.

Really digging the album as well. Final track is a cracker in particular, but there are lots of times where the album has you laughing out loud or pumping your fist in just about equal measure. Great stuff :cool:

Mr.Sneis likes this.
  19. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

These guys are good...

20. Speaking of RTJ, catch the Austin City Limits episode they recently did. Supposedly the first pure Rap act to ever appear on the show without a backing band.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.