Albums from the 90's you are SURE no one else bought..but you.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ServingTheMusic, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

God's Child/Everybody
    Bought it new within a few weeks of its release on LP for like 3.99.
    Didn't go out looking for it, but couldn't pass it up. It's actually pretty good. Still have it. I think it's on Reprise if I remember correctly.

2. perplexed

perplexed Forum Resident

3. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

I had that! Some good guitar playing on it, but the tunes overall didn't make much of an impression on me.

4. Holy Joe

Holy Joe Forum Resident

I'm sure lots of children had this bought for them, but I think I was the only adult to buy this:

[​IMG]

jamiesjamies likes this.
  5. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Actually I have had a promo cd of Flop for years. I haven't listened to it more than twice.

6. madrushian

madrushian Active Member

How about

A band with Greg Rosie Ross valory and Steven smith and Kevin Chalfet

The Storm

Self titled album "The Storm" released 1991 through interscope records a sub label of Atlantic Records

Their follow up album "Eye of the Storm" released in 1995 by Mirimar Records

7. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

Kieran Raymond White (died March 1995, Oregon, United States) was an English baritone rock vocalist[1] and guitarist.[2] He sang and played in the blues-rock band Steamhammer, formed in 1968. Their debut album, Steamhammer. was released in 1969, on which White co-wrote many of the songs and played harmonica.

played and sang with Steamhammer.....wonderful cd......for those that love steamhammer.....get it....you wont be disappointed...he died from cancer.

8. ElDemonioAzul

ElDemonioAzul Forum Resident

Got that one, like it lot. This is also good:
    [​IMG]

9. falconerone

falconerone Forum Resident

I agree while not great, one of the songs, Haloes, sits beautifully in their greater catalog after Safe and Marble.

BTW Cheers to you for being an HOL fan, there are not many of us in the US.

Whoopycat likes this.
  10. tremspeed

tremspeed Well-Known Member

This was in the trash, basically, of a record store I worked at in NJ. Looked pretty local-band to me. Wouldn't say the vocals have aged all that well, but the guitar playing was and is incredible. Later I found out that the guitarist had never been in a band before.

11. tremspeed

Sold over 2 million copies... so...

12. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

13. squonkduke

squonkduke Forum Resident

I'm quite sure not so many people bought this one

[​IMG]

perplexed likes this.
  14. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

???

npc210 likes this.
  15. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

They got what they gave?

c-eling and havenz like this.
  16. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I have that one. I agree. It's pretty good.

17. arem

arem Forum Resident

Into Another was kind of a NY Hardcore supergroup, the singer and drummer had been in some of the key influential bands from that scene. IA was their attempt to bust out of the limitations of hardcore, there were a few bands like Quicksand, Shift, and Texas Is The Reason who were doing similar things in the early/mid 90's. Into Another released a new EP in 2015 and are playing very well received shows again. Peter Moses is a really fine guitarist, it's amazing that he never had a band of note before or after Into Another. And sadly the original bassist passed away in the early 2000's.

tremspeed likes this.
  18. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I swear to god. Can't anyone even read the first damn words of the first damn post? I've written the same thing like in 3 or 4 posts now. This is supposed to be about MAJOR LABEL RELEASES. Any idiot can post an obscure indie label release. At least that one stuplilatiom makes it interesting.

19. bagofsoup

bagofsoup Forum Resident

My buddy Dave was the drummer on the 2nd album. Sadly, their guitarist passed away a couple of months ago.

20. tremspeed

From what I remember of Quicksand and TITR, they were still fairly hardcore, and both bands had more of a following, maybe much more. I don't know anyone who knows Into Another, but probably anyone super into Revelation stuff would. Anyway, I'd think the guitar player would be slightly more talked about these days, as his playing is definitely among the top people in (alternative, etc) rock from that time.

21. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

LIFE, SEX & DEATH (LSD) Reprise Records. Btw, I didn't go through all 26 pages.
    This was the first single off the album. It didn't do well.
    Sorry moderators, I can't censor the YouTube link...

22. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

Well, you can always just post it as a link with the url tags so that someone has to click before they see anything that might offend, like below, not that most of us care, but in case you were serious ...

LIFE, SEX & DEATH (Warning: Language)

23. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Thanks. I'll do that next time. Much appreciated.

24. Mr Mojo

Mr Mojo Forum Resident

Sad news about the guitar player, but tell your buddy Dave it's still a great album that I listen to every now and then. "Come Tuesday" is an excellent song!
    Are they still active?

25. bagofsoup

bagofsoup Forum Resident

They were still doing the occasional show up until Ethan died. You can follow them on Facebook by searching for White Trash (The Band) or at whitetrashuniverse.com.

Mr Mojo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.