CDs you want that are out of print

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by D.H., Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

If you got the money, it's not that hard, to be honest.

Malina likes this.
  2. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    I found this at my local thrift store this morning for $0.50, I presume this is out of print.
    One thing I do find a bit odd the name change to Wendy on the disc, artwork and booklet.
    This was definitely Walter era Carlos, I guess this was a legal agreement to the reissue perhaps?

g.z., Platterpus, c-eling and 2 others like this.
  3. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Funnily enough I was thinking about this today, every rare/OOP disc I want, or any disc that anyone wants, annoyingly somewhere on the planet there'll be a copy of it, probably still shrinkwrapped, sitting on shelf forgotten about and unloved. Gnnnnnnnn.

Sean, c-eling and Kristofa like this.
  4. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

That can be said for just about any hobby based on collecting/acquiring. It is certainly easier with the internet. Unfortunately, I think many people are of limited funds, like myself. I also find it frustrating how fast items are going out of print. Two years for an item being in print is too short for my pocketbook to keep up with! o_O

Starwanderer and Dynamic Ranger like this.
  5. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I share your feeling, don't you worry. I want the B-sides box set by Siouxsie and the Banshees, but it's too expensive for me, among other items I don't have in my collection. Sometimes I wish I liked only two or three bands (no, I never wish it for real).

c-eling and Kristofa like this.
  6. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

All the early original masterings of several Metal CDs from the 80s...released on Combat Records, Relativity, Noise Records...

Sean, four sticks and Kristofa like this.
  7. sbayle

sbayle Forum Resident

I recall doing the sound for Minnie back in the 70s. I had no idea who she was at the time. Her voice was amazing. Very sad she died so young. But she left a great daughter!

izgoblin, Turmatic and billnunan like this.
  8. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

I'm glad I'm at the age I am and grabbed stuff as the years went by. If I were in my teens right now just starting out it would seem a daunting and extremely expensive task collecting discography's of your favorites. In my 40's now and still trying...
    I'd be screwed if I were a major Beatles fan :laugh:

Kristofa likes this.
  9. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

The one for me is Peter Frampton Live in San Francisco March 24, 1975 from Hip-O Select. Frampton rarely gets any respect, so you'd think used copies of the CD would be under $10, but this one is going for over $50 if I even find it online at all.

g.z. and Dennis Metz like this.
  10. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

You are right that it is out of print. This is a CD I hope to come across as well.

11. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

Not while my CD-Burner and 600dpi printer are standing by unused they ain't :p

Rickchick and Lewisboogie like this.
  12. HeavensAbove

HeavensAbove Forum Resident

Redbone - Wovoka
    (it's odd that the album featuring the group's most well-known song is the only one out of their discography that is out of print).

13. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

all the Prince-related artists from early to mid 80's (have them all on vinyl but never wanted to shell out ridiculous $ for digital counterparts).

Apollonia 6
    Vanity 6
    The Time (1st 3 albums)
    Sheila E. (1st 3 albums)
    The Family
    Jill Jones
    Madhouse (1st 2 albums)

deluxe type with all the non-album b-sides will be icing on the cake (one could dream, right :agree:)

Sean, Maurice, Holy Joe and 1 other person like this.
  14. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

AHH ... LAINE! by Denny Laine.
    It's an import CD that went out of print before I even knew it existed. I love that album.

15. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I scored the Epic CD on eBay about a year ago for around $10, in near mint condition.

Malina likes this.
  16. gpg6212

gpg6212 Well-Known Member

200 Motels is out of print on CD, no? I only know of the DVD version

17. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Great score for 50 cents.:righton: Your CBS Masterworks CD has been OOP at least since the late 1990's when the ESD Wendy Carlos CDs started coming out. The weird thing I thought about this CD is that the spine only say "Carlos" with no first name. Wendy's name was creatively photo-shopped in to replace Walter's name on the cover photo. This CBS Masterworks CD sounds very good as well. It sounds more like the original vinyl with all the original distortion left in like the original vinyl. I like it better than the ESD CD for that reason but the ESD CD was restored very well by Wendy and sounds more clean in nature and is a must have as well.

Jason Pumphrey likes this.
  18. Jason Pumphrey

Thanks, I believe all the Carlos cds are now OOP.

19. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

The Time albums are easily available and are in print and cheap. Sheila E can be had for 10-20 a pop.

The rest yes are super expensive.

YMC4 likes this.
  20. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Scott Walker

Scott: Scott Walker Sings Songs from his T.V. Series (1969)
    The Moviegoer (1972)
    Any Day Now (1973)

phillyal1 and PhantomStranger like this.
  21. Jason Pumphrey

Ginger Baker's Do What You Like two CD compilation, I regret never buying that for $19.99 at Best Buy years ago. Now it's nearly impossible to find even used.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i want that too

Jason Pumphrey likes this.
  23. Didn't one or two songs leak out right after the November election? Martin Shkreli promised to release some of it if Trump won the election.

kanno1ae likes this.
  24. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Yeah, the ESD Wendy Carlos CDs have been OOP for about 10 years now. Tron and A Clockwork Orange both OOP as well. I think Tron may be available as an Amazon CD on demand but you get a CDr disc with that.

25. kanno1ae

kanno1ae Forum Resident

Yeah, there was a little bit that he released, which some have posted on YouTube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.