Turntable Upgrade: Did I Do Okay?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Robber Soul, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've been wanting a turntable in my living room for a while now and this past weekend I decided to purchase a second one for myself, plus a pre-amp and speakers to go along with it. I felt that my existing table wasn't doing all I wanted it to do and that I would get a lot more out of this one. It is currently being setup and will be delivered to me within the next couple of days.

My existing table is a Audio Technica AT-LP1240USB. I was running an Ortofon 2M Bronze on it through a Denon AVR-2112CI receiver and Atlantic Technology 4400 speakers.

My new table is a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, with a Graham Slee Communicator pre-amp and a set of Audioengine A5+ speakers. I am having the store swap cartridges between the two tables and will run the 2M Bronze on the new Pro-Ject while the Audio Technica will now run the 2M Red instead.

To the experts out there, is this a decent little upgrade in your opinion?

2. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

If you use it in the better system. The best rig is the new table with Bronze feeding the Graham to Denon to Atlantic speakers. Then send the Red / AT thru the built-in pre to the Audio Engines for the 2nd system.
    -Bill

3. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

I love the bronze on my Esprit. However, when I upgraded to a Lounge phono stage this proved too revealing for the mechanicals of the turntable and gave noticeable bearing rumble.

Robber Soul and Dennis0675 like this.
  4. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade. :cool:

Robber Soul likes this.
  5. Rickchick

Rickchick Forum Resident

I'm a little jealous of people who can put their stereo in the living room. They must not have cats. My stereo is in a smaller room, the dogs are allowed in, but not the cats. Which is a shame because the kitties seem to love music.

Benzion likes this.
  6. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have a white cat with dark floors and furniture. Fun times!!!

Rickchick likes this.
  7. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

I have two cats...I just had to put the lid on my P5 to keep them off the playing surface/arm. They tend to stay away from the tube amp, I think it's a little hot for their liking.

Rickchick likes this.
  8. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Well-Known Member

OMG I love cats. mmmmm

Welcome to Cat Recipes dot com ยป

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.