New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Do you put your albums in outer sleeves? The commercial ones are much larger than the LP's, so it's easy to just slide it off and view the gatefold when you want to.

2. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I really want to have an LP copy of The Final Cut but I probably won't be getting this new one if it's got "Tigers" on it. Between those two songs is about the worst place to put that song.

3. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

Tigers is on it.......
    Re stickers I peel mine off and pop them on an outer sleeve, all have been easy apart from I bodged AMLOR.....

Gary

4. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

I guess you won't be getting the new one...

5. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

I've been carefully peeling the hype stickers off and meticulously attaching them onto their new, permanent home(s). anyway, I got TFC in the post today, and for some reason, went into automatic pilot, scrunched it up and chucked it straight in the bin. thought about attempting to retrieve it, but a quick look in the bin revealed a folded up hype sticker covered in the remainder of today's lunch. damn!

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Not usually. Space is at a premium and those few millimetres just add to the dilemma of where to put even more Kallax shelves. I only put them on special sleeves such as Blackstar and Monty Python's Matching Tie and Handkerchief where the die-cut sleeves could get damaged going in and out.

However, I might make an exception for these.

Mr_Vinyl likes this.
  7. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I cut the shrink wrap from around the hype stickers and then affix them to the plastic outer sleeves with clear packaging tape.

keiron99 and culabula like this.
  8. Crazyhorse11

Crazyhorse11 Hoser

I gently peel off and put on the plastic sleeve.

9. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I'm actually glad to get this version of The Final Cut with "Tigers". Not because I think it fits well (it doesn't, ruins the flow of the original sequencing in my opinion), but because I don't have this track on vinyl already. I have a decent US original of TFC when I want the original flow.

10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Do you, by Jove ? :yikes:

Crazyhorse11 likes this.
  11. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

They do peel off with difficulty which varies from disc to disc. Managed to remove them carefully and stick on outside of poly outer sleeve, but you get some ripples plus be careful they don't curl back and stick together.

12. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Grand, thanks. I'll have a go in the morn, post-coffee (itself post-alcohol).

13. Crazyhorse11

Crazyhorse11 Hoser

hahaha.

14. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I peeled them off and stuck them to the back side of the new sleeve.

15. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Can we jump over the hypesticker archive process an get some TFC and AMLOR sound and quality accounts...

16. SimonJester

SimonJester New Member

Just listed to TFC, saving AMLOR for later tonight. Love TFC even with tigers. Nice flat and quiet copy :) Now where do we petition for Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking ? I would like an un "censored" version please. Is this the wrong thread for that album :D

17. Norco74

Yes, Roger stuff gets on the theatrical side of things sometimes hence his recent opera...

So if I get this right, you won't like a voice quartet consisiting of Roger Waters, John Lennon, Bob Dylan and Geddy Lee from Rush... :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Mr_Vinyl and Mbe like this.
  18. Norco74

Was there a censored version? Explain...

19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

You shoulda just bought the single.

Pink Floyd When The Tigers Broke Free US Gatefold 7" | eBay »

eyeCalypso likes this.
  20. mike catucci

mike catucci Forum Resident

Picked up TFC and AMLOR today at Barnes and Noble for 27.99 each. So far through side one of TFC and it may just be my favorite of the new releases in terms of sound quality. I have the original vinyl but this BG cut has a more in your face approach with a definite separation of instruments that the original lacks. The punch on this version is also quite noticeable. Much more bass but in a very proper way which now gives it a darker feel which fits the album perfectly. Hell even Waters sounds good on this version. Despite the added bass the highs such as Gilmours guitar solo is very much in your face, which I do prefer. Vinyl is dead quiet and flat. I'll report back after listening to both fully but wanted to get some quick first impressions out there since there is a real lack of info on these new releases so far.

Norco74 and DPC like this.
  21. DPC

DPC Forum Resident

Exact same impression here (both sides). Will retire my original (again...like every other one of these PFRLP's)...
    I have AMLOR waiting on deck, but have no original to comp.

mike catucci likes this.
  22. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Every time I see that ridiculous list of outside musicians on AMLOR, my eyes roll so far I can see the inside of my skull.

deadbase, hi_watt, Norco74 and 2 others like this.
  23. bunceman

bunceman Member

Yea but at least it has Tony Levin! One of my favorite bass players.

24. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

The quartet from Hell! :mudscrying:

eyeCalypso likes this.
  25. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Just got in with both albums. Crossing my fingers that no alien ticks have contaminated them...