Sony Legacy Pop Market (Pt 5)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

That is exactly how I got the "NEWpop10" coupon. I was trying to order the Neil Young t-shirt. The problem was (with both attempts) that the web interface kept adding $12 shipping for a $12 order..

lightbulb likes this.
  2. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

That's the cheapest I've seen the box set.

And to think I was tempted when they first reduced the price from $149.99 to $119.99 or so....

rtalwani likes this.
  3. cjp123

cjp123 Forum Resident

One of the things I really liked about the old Popmarket is that they didn't charge you until shipping. Now you pay and wait months or more sometimes for something to come. Not good. I just got the "Damned" vinyl daily deal yesterday which I ordered in october, and never even received an e- mail that it shipped. I actually was about to go through my credit card company to get my money back. Still waiting on the Soundgarden vinyl bundle I ordered months ago.

4. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

The upcoming Mo-Fi 1 step Bill Evans Village Vanguard was on there today as a pre-order; I dont think Ive ever seen a preorder on there before

5. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

For a $20 markup. It's $100 on MD but $120 on Popmarket. Weird.

6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's not the first time they've claimed their price is a "sale" price on mofi vinyl when it's actually more expensive than direct from the source. check out their prices on the upcoming dire straits releases.

7. beercanchicken

Yeah, I was wondering about that, especially as a "deal" website. I should probably pre-order that Bill Evans soon.

8. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I've been trying to cancel a pre-order through PopMarket for two weeks. I emailed them twice but never heard back besides the automated confirmation email. Today I messaged them on their Facebook page about getting the order cancelled and my money refunded. They messaged back within an hour saying they passed along my request to customer service. My ordered was cancelled and my money was refunded within two hours. Might be worth a try for anyone else having trouble contacting them.

9. beercanchicken

I just had a similar experience with Comcast. Someone told me to tweet their customer service page, I had a $180 credit in 10 minutes. Prior to that I was on hold an hour - 2, every morning for about a week before I'd get impatient and hang up.

10. easyge

easyge Senior Member

I show $144.98 on Pop Market.

11. Speezy

Speezy Well-Known Member

It seems like Everything they ship me lately is damaged. First it was the star wars 6lp box set (which they replaced with one damaged worse then the first) and now the brand new Sepultura box set. I tried the Facebook message approach, mostly just to voice my frustration, as it seems to be the best way to get a response

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yes, the "sale" is over now.

13. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Over last weekend I bit on a jam band offer from Pop Market and bought a Gov't Mule 2LP set along with two copies of the new Phish album. The prices, even without any add-on codes, were at least as cheap as I could find elsewhere. The records arrived today in fine shape. I liked the packaging, with a solid outer box an air space between the LPs and the mean ol' world.

Records purchased through Pop Market arrived quickly and in great shape. Just thought I let you know this can happen, too.

14. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yup, I got 2 more here yesterday, for crazy cheap prices, that I ordered a week ago. In great shape as well.

15. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I ordered the Neil box on Tuesday and it arrived today safe and sound. I was kinda surprised after reading some these posts. Hopefully, they're fixing things.

lightbulb likes this.
  16. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Now their becoming a middleman for MOFI.
    The only way to fix things is to have product to ship, before dinging your credit card.

stinsojd and azjvm05 like this.
  17. turk99

turk99 Forum Resident

18. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

19. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Yeah $46 shipped for these? Done.

Cardanken and 500Homeruns like this.
  20. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

popmarket Sunday Steals for today...only thing of interest to me was the Beck Sea Change 2lp reissue for $12.99. I used NEWPOP10 for 10% off and free shipping.

*EDIT* Van Morrison Inarticulate Speech of the Heart is also priced nicely at $9.99.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    jlimburg likes this.
  21. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Not getting free shipping with that code, unfortunately.

Edit: Supposedly all of the Sunday Steals have free US shipping. But I'm not able to get it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Tjazz likes this.
  22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Me neither.

23. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Just curious -
    How much was the Beatles - Hollywood Bowl yinyl during this sale?

24. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

I think it was $21.99. It was only a couple dollars off. Not a steal by any means.

lightbulb likes this.
  25. Quake1028

Quake1028 Future former fatass

Is anyone else still waiting for their Kinks Mono set?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.