Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. 575maranello

575maranello Forum Resident

Thanks guys, finally got it to where I almost like it LOL!
    Im not 100% sold on the Dalis......

2. timind

timind phorum rezident

Do you listen to the Dalis in that position? If so, I can see why they might not satisfy. I'd think some breathing room is mandatory for decent sound.

Robert C and avanti1960 like this.
  3. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

I was going to say that I'm not cluttery, then I remembered that I'm not an American...lol

mpayan and myles like this.
  4. Hofy

Hofy Forum Resident

I do not tend to think of myself as a neat freak, I think of my self not being a slob.

5. Tropehjelm

Tropehjelm Forum Resident

The main things in my room.

The amp,and riaa

[​IMG]

Turntable

[​IMG]

Speakers

[​IMG]

Records

[​IMG]

And me enjoying it

[​IMG]

6. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Amazing looking set up. Have you played with speaker position and adding a rug? The first living room I set up my system with hardwood floors I couldn't believe the echo. Adding an area rug went a long way towards dampening the effect.

Tropehjelm and Dennis0675 like this.
  7. Bananas&blow

Please tell me you bought that record rack so that I can buy one too! If so where would i get one? I love flipping front to back when browsing my records. I am using two crates right now but your set up is a lot more attractive.

8. Tropehjelm

I set it up myself using 1,5*2 inch for the "skeleton",and 21mm*300 pinewood on the bottom,and front. I knew i wouldnt stop buying records,so i had to have some kind of system i could build on. And i like seeing my albumcovers so much,that i just had to make a system displaying the front,and not the spine. Sometimes i just go over there and browse,and think "yes it is mine,its here,i can play it if,or whenever i want" when i see personal grails (like Bonemachine in the front there) i have been searching for,and finally found

Standing threre i my form of yoga :D

quicksilverbudie and 33na3rd like this.
  9. 80talisten

80talisten Forum Resident

Hi. I'm a new member here. Here is my humble system, and my first one. I have a H.H Scott PS 67A Turntable with a AT440MLb cartridge, Dux 6693 Receiver, NAD PP2 phono preamp and I enjoy my music through a pair H.H Scott 176BL Speakers and Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones.

I must say I am really happy with the sound that I get out of my system. A very nice, airy and 3 dimensional sound with perfect base for my taste.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  10. 575maranello

hey bananas yes I have added a rug, they sound ok at low to mid volume but anything a tad louder ..... not so much.

11. 575maranello

do you mean spread them apart? I dont have much room left on that wall to the right.

12. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I have the Eminance Kappa Pro bass speakers in my A7 cabinants. Similar to the Altecs, but they handle double the power. They can really pump out some bass.

13. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

No, pull them forward into the room.

14. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Finally updated my computer speakers.

Went from audiophile embarrassment

[​IMG]upload imagem

To audiophile pride. Now looking to update my Sony receiver to an integrated. These speakers definitely betray the hollowness of the Sony.

[​IMG]upload gif from url

15. Tropehjelm

And for cleaning the records. I bought a lot of stuff on Ebay. Ultrasonic cleaner,shafts,gears,One Rpm motor

[​IMG]

Bought some oak,and cut it in suitable pieces

[​IMG]

Made some barckets,and put shafts,and gears together.

[​IMG]

Put it all together,and got a ultrasonic cleaner,that takes 7 records pr wash.

[​IMG]

16hz lover, arar, Madlove and 20 others like this.
  16. 575maranello

Got it Thanks

17. timind

timind phorum rezident

If it were me, I'd remove the JBLs (at least temporarily), pull the Zenzors out a bit, and play with toe-in. I'll bet the sound will improve drastically.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  18. 575maranello

I dont run the JBL's at the same time as the Zensors.....Ill pull them out and toe them in as you suggest.

Thanks timind

chas

George P and timind like this.
  19. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, for people who sit in front of their speakers, toe-in has a huge impact.

Clonesteak likes this.
  20. Bananas&blow

Congrats. Those are a huge upgrade. I had basically the same set of speakers, the CM 5's up against the wall like that and with or without the plugs I was never satisfied with the sound. If you ever have the opportunity get them out in a room where they belong. Two feet from the sidewalls, at least 18 inches from the back wall, you won't believe the improvement in sq: soundstage, 3 dimensional, much cleaner deeper bass. I found those speakers to be brilliant for Jazz. I would recommend an amp without "a bright" description as those speakers have incredibly clear and high extension on the treble. Gorgeous spaekers. I found I just wanted a floorstander for my living room with a little more bass. The only reason I sold them.

WapatoWolf and Matt Richardson like this.
  21. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Pulling them out into the room won't make nearly as much of a difference for Matt as it did for you B&B because he's using them as near field monitors. It will help (probably with the bass most noticeably), but the difference won't be as dramatic as it would be in a more conventional room. That's the whole point of near fields.

If it wasn't right next to a door I'd recommend pulling the whole desk out into the room.

Easy for me to say, I have the luxury of having my Mirage speakers set up in a near field array on my desk in the middle of my office.

old pic that's also earlier on this thread:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My office has really changed. Center channel speaker, different monitors, slightly different audio gear. I need to update and take more photos.

22. Matt Richardson

I wish I could have them spaced properly but the room is very small. As far as bass, I have a subwoofer under the desk, so I'm fine in that dept. I have another pair of CM6's as part of a 5.1 surround set up and there they are positioned better. However, this is just being for computer audio/gaming, so I'm well satisfied.

PhilBiker likes this.
  23. Matt Richardson

Now that's a desk! And I well admire the classical CD collection I spot in the distance:)

PhilBiker likes this.
  24. Bananas&blow

Actually the location I hated the sound of my CM5's was on the desk, two feet from my ears. I was able to get them 6 inches from the wall or so but no matter how much I fiddled with them I could not find a location on the desk that I enjoyed the sound. Which I found odd as they are excellent speakers. I have a pair of B&W 601 s3 that I also used to have on my desk that I felt sounded superior in that position, but the sound still wasn't that great.

The muddy bass was the biggest problem for sure. Having them up on the wall would have helped with that some though as the desk would no longer be vibrating. Your set up in the last picture is not too dissimilar from my former desk set up, your speakers are a tad wider as I was going for the equilateral triangle.

PhilBiker likes this.
  25. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

And Matt, like me, has a sub to help round out the bass - probably helps a lot.