Movies you walked out on or wanted to walk out on

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Another one I remember wanting to walk out on: Natural Born Killers. I think it was when the Indian could read the white people's flaws on their foreheads. :laugh: (Or something like that -- I might be mixing up my Stone movies.)

2. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Hypothetical. I've considered walking out of movies, but have never done so.

But if the movie experience was so bad that I actually followed through, I would go to the customer service desk on the way out.

I figure that a walk out on my part would be for one of two reasons: Either a technical problem, as you stated, so a refund would definitely be in order there. The other reason I could imagine is if a movie was so offensive, and without prior warning, that I would want my money back on those grounds.

Probably much less likely that second scenario would occur in the Internet age, however. If a movie is just pain bad, I'll usually stick it out as it could go into the "so bad it's good" category.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    RayS likes this.
  3. cathandler

cathandler Senior Member

Last movie I bailed on was "22 Jump Street." It was the second feature of a double feature at the drive-in, I was tired, and the beginning didn't look promising. When I got home I checked Rotten Tomatoes and was shocked it got a 84% rating!

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Haven't seen "NBK" in a while, but when I think of mystical Native Americans in Stone movies, I think of "Doors"!

Also haven't seen that in a while, so not sure if the scene you mean is in "Doors" or "NBK"...

5. Monosterio

There was an omniscient Indian in that one too, wasn't there? What was that all about -- white man's guilt? :D

6. Oatsdad

I've tried to forget "The Doors". Val Kilmer was really good but the movie itself largely lacks purpose and doesn't work...

7. Monosterio

It was NBK I was thinking of, btw. According to what I just read, it says "Too much TV" on one character's forehead.

8. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

Titanic, Avatar, Unbreakable, Signals, The Mist...

9. AKA

AKA Senior Member

That's a smart policy.

10. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Wow, do you hate puppies, pizza and Christmas, too?

johnny q likes this.
  11. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Bridges Of Madison County

12. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

Elaborate please. I'm Spanish (Spain is in Europe, nothing to do with the Latin Americans you have there) and may not get some of your humor.

13. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Bean - The Movie. I walked out after less than ten minutes and they let me see a different movie.

14. Oatsdad

Hey - this triggers a memory and reminds me that I did once walk out on a movie!

Back in 2007, I had a "snow day" and wanted to see a movie. My choices: "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Norbit".

Normally this would've been a no-brainer, as "PL" was an acclaimed film from a director I like. However, I just wasn't in the mood for it - I had a hankering for something lighter, so despite terrible reviews, I gave "Norbit" a shot.

This was a mistake.

Within 15 minutes, it was clear a) the movie was an abomination and b) it wasn't going to improve.

I remembered that a screening of "PL" came later than "Norbit", so I just bailed on the latter and went in to see the former.

I gotta admit I wasn't wild about "PL" - and I still think it's okay at best - but it was radically superior to "Norbit"!

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  15. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

The Last American Virgin

When I see a movie at the theater, I usually stay until the very end when the lights come up. But with this movie, I watched it for about an hour and then I walked out. I tried to enjoy it but I just didn't like it (I stayed that long hoping that the movie would get better...but it didn't) and left when I had enough.

16. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie, but I have hit "Open Tray" on quite a few discs.

17. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I'm a huge fan of the TV show, but was greatly disappointed in the movie as well. I stuck it out to the bitter end though.

The sequel, which I never gave a chance until recently when it was on TV, was better.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  18. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I want my money back for Packers-Falcons. ;-)

Bollywood movies generally have an intermission built into them (as in "Intermission" actually comes onto the screen). Some US theaters honor the intermission, some just roll into the second half of the film. I went to see one film which, to my amazement, started without any credits. There was already a crisis underway between the hero and his girlfriend's family. None of the usual exposition. For about 10 minutes I thought it was daring and innovative film making, but after 15 minutes I thought "This is the second half of the film!" Sure enough, another patron went and alerted management, and we started from scratch. I thought that a free pass or a popcorn or something might have been a nice gesture for the inconvenience (none was forthcoming), but I sure wasn't going to leave a film I wanted to see.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  19. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Spaceballs and Pink Flamingos.

20. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

It was a movie called "Toys" that starred Robin Williams and LL Cool J. I think I made it about 30 minutes before I gave up and left. Another one I nearly walked out on was the 2004 remake of "The Ladykillers". Possibly the worst movie Tom Hanks ever made (and that includes "Joe Vs. The Volcano").

21. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

I wanted to walk out on Batman Forever because it was so loud and aggressively stupid, but I was on a date.

I wanted to walk out on The Matrix, but because I was stuck in a group, I opted to take a nap instead. Yes, I know The Matrix is a wonderful film and you love it and I'm an idiot. Save it.

Girlfriend wanted to see Disclosure and 30 minutes in to that I thought it was so bad I told her I was leaving. She agreed.

My dad and I saw Cadillac Man together, without a doubt one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I was just a kid so I couldn't go anywhere, but I caught my dad rolling his eyes and sighing heavily, but by golly we sat through the whole miserable thing.

Neil Anderson likes this.
  22. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

You REALLY think those particular films equate to those particular beloved items?????........well, really crappy pizza maybe.

Scott222C and barnaby like this.
  23. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Walked out on Howard The Duck and would have walked out on Lord Of The Rings , not so Bad but BOOOOORING and I fell asleep instead.

24. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

The one I ended up seeing was "Mad City," the Hoffman/Travolta film.

25. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Dr Detroit anyone?

sparkydog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.