Def Leppard-Adrenalize

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by driverdrummer, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I loved it. Not as good as previous efforts but still really good.

Clanceman and Juggsnelson like this.
  2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

"Do you wanna get rocked" **** yes I do. Grew up on this album. Still love that much of it :D

3. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

ugh....that made my skin crawl...most commercial album ever...

4. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

Great Album, a couple of songs were a bit too cheesy lyrics wise but the music was good enough on those songs and the rest is all great, especially White Lightning Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad Tonight Stand Up. It"s not a perfect album like the ones before but it's still a great listen from top to bottom. A real feelgood album with great guitar, and for me the best cover art ever.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    driverdrummer and Juggsnelson like this.
  5. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad, took them in a less rock and more pop direction, but I've always enjoyed the Leps!

6. Rockerbox

Rockerbox Senior Member

Only two tracks from Adrenalize have ever stood out to me..."Let's Get Rocked" and "Kick Love Into Motion". The rest of the tracks on Adrenalize have always went in one ear and out the other with me....Competent but forgettable.......And this is coming from a guy that loves mega-slick commercial 'arena rock'/'hairmetal' or whatever people call it.
    "Kick Love Into Motion" was written and originally recorded during the "Hysteria" sessions but it was scrapped because it sounded way too much like Hysteria's title track.

7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I need to pull this one out again.

8. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I thought some of the B-sides released with the singles from this album were fantastic. Especially the acoustic versions of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Little Wing" with the Hothouse Flowers (from the "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad" CD single).

It made me appreciate that the Leps were a lot more than just caricatures of themselves (which is what I thought they were becoming with Adrenalize).

LEONPROFF and John-Adam like this.
  9. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Listening to Adrenalize for the first time ever in one go (just aquired the original CD), loved Pyromania at the time of it's release, but the distance from there until Hysteria alienated me from the band by then.
    Nobody could avoid the late 80's hits from Hysteria & "Let's Get Rocked" was mainly noted due to it's computer animated video.
    Nevertheless, due to the quite acsessible "Def Leppard" album from 2015 I decided to start diving into the band's (by me) neglected back catalogue including also Slang, X, Eurphoria & Sparkle Lounge (in the CD rack waiting to get spun).

On first listen of Adrenalize I certainly lack Steve's signature nuances on guitar, the dramatic elements are missing. A bit generic sounding, but who could blame them to carbon copy Hysteria anyway given the circumstances, it sold well and made them wealthier.

Anyway I'm back as long-term Def fan (since 1983) with a couple of lost decades in between, nothing beats Pyromania in my book but I'm gonna spin this again & then Slang, X & the others.

Cheers!

Juggsnelson and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

slang you need to newer 2 cd deluxe version

M2225 and Juggsnelson like this.
  11. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I second that!

12. Matthew Tate

so underrated. shame people keep calling it a "grunge" album. I never heard that at all

13. Juggsnelson

To me it is just Red Leopard returning a bit to their more rocking roots. A very underrated album. I bet you can grab their last several CD's for peanuts used.

M2225 and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Matthew Tate

I'm sure they are all cheap.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  15. Juggsnelson

Red Leopard??? Lol....Damn auto correct!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Matthew Tate

I knew what you meant lol

17. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

inferior carbon copy of Hysteria, missing the most crucial element to their past success...Mutt Lange.

not only they copy that album, they used the same 'round' stage again for their tour... which i attended.

18. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Dig Adrenalize. I have a Brazilian original vinyl press. Best I've heard it.

I like the whole catalog to varying degrees.

Pyromania is tops, imo, followed by High & Dry, Hysteria, Adrenalize, then On Through The Night.

But, don't sleep on their last one. I like it almost as much as OTTN.

Then Slang, Euphoria & X

19. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

For me Hysteria Pyromania HighNDry are damn near perfect then Adrenalize OTTN Slang are excellent Retro Active and the new one a very good. Euphoria X are decent if you really like the band and the other one Sparkle Lounge is terrible.

Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. henry babenko

henry babenko Forum Resident

Lets get rocked was really a weak comeback...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Need to get this. This guy from a record store who convinced me to get so many under rated 90s albums swore by Slang.

22. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

Make Love Like A Man was the real problem as the 2nd single.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Cringe worthy even by their lyrical standards. Ugh...

24. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

I love this album but I'll admit this song is not really good. Made worst by being the key 2nd single. One thing is for sure you have to love their vocals to love this album which I do.

25. Matthew Tate

that was really the 2nd single? yikes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.