Poll--The Weakest Link: Eagles ON THE BORDER, Round 4

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joey Self, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Ol 55

I never saw The Eagles.

2. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

James Dean. BOML will be next.

I saw them in Oakland in May '77. Eagles, Steve Miller Band, Heart, Atlanta Rhythm Section, and Foreigner. They played on the 28th and the 30th, and I don't remember which show we went to. Damn Thai sticks!

No specific setlists for either of those days, but the "average" May 1977 setlist included Already Gone and Best Of My Love.

3. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Midnight Rider? You're killing me. Killing me.

Pickoid likes this.
  4. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

James Dean

5. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

6. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

That set looks like the third leg of The End of the Innocence Tour (I saw Don Henley him every time through L. A. area). The song you spoke of is "Come Rain or Come Shine" written by Harold Arlen, who composed the music, and Johnny Mercer, who wrote the lyrics. This song is part of the American Songbook.

I saw him doing this song at the Santa Monica Civic benifit for Dallas Taylor. (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young drummer)

The song was written for the musical St. Louis Woman, and was published in 1946. Don Henley recorded a version of this song for the 1995 soundtrack to Leaving Las Vegas.

7. Nipper

Nipper His Master's Voice

James Dean to go.

I saw them twice in concert, both great shows. Heard "Already Gone" at both and I think "Best Of My Love" only at one.

8. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

I saw the Eagles at Wembley Stadium in 1975; third on the bill behind Elton John and the Beach Boys IIRC. I think 'One of These Nights' had just come out and that's the only song I can remember them playing, though I suppose they must have played some songs from 'On the Border' (I'm sure the setlist is online somewhere, but I can't be bothered going looking).

Anyway, voted James Dean again. Midnight Flyer would have been in my last two.

9. daleyguy

daleyguy Forum Resident

Always thought You Never Cry Like A Lover was a better ballad than Best Of My Love.

Hey Vinyl Man likes this.
  10. Hey Vinyl Man

Hey Vinyl Man Another bloody Yank down under...

"Best of My Love" again. Since it looks like "James Dean" is going down this round, we're going to be left with my favorite song on the album - "Already Gone" - against all my least-favorites.

Never saw the Eagles live. They did play Hong Kong when I was living in Taiwan and I considered flying over for the weekend. But while the travel would have been fairly cheap, the concert tickets wouldn't have been.

11. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Already Gone, ... never liked it.
    I saw Joe and "Rick the Bass Player" at a now defunct club in Seattle called Parkers, at 6 a.m. in the mid 80s. I have no idea what the event was or how I ended up there, but I went and was sitting in my college trig class by 9:00 a.m. Strange times but I'm glad I went. Joe was funny.

12. 905

905 Senior Member

James Dean

13. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I've never liked Best of My Love.........it goes.

I have seen the Eagles numerous times. From my memory, they have played James Dean, Already Gone and maybe Best of My Love.

14. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.