Appreciating Nirvana's "Nevermind" Over 25 Years Later: Immense Seller-- POLL:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

2. BLUESJAZZMAN

BLUESJAZZMAN I Love Blues, Jazz, Rock, My Son & Honest People

Lounge Act & Something In The Way have always been my Favorites!

3. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

You should check it out! It's kind of like Faust mixed with Red Krayola and Neon Octa, with a dab of Snakefinger and Henry Cow, and a generous helping of Ray Conniff! :--)

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  4. Dflow

Dflow Listening in the time of Dylan

On more than one occasion Kurt shared we all may have known SLTS but with another title - Boston's "More Than A Feeling'":shh:

5. Psychedelic Good Trip

:kilroy:

Similarities they may be. Interesting.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

DTK and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  7. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Kurt demanded that they use vintage camera from the 1960's for the In Bloom video so it would really look like an old TV variety show. I love it!

mark renard, éder, DTK and 2 others like this.
  9. Psychedelic Good Trip

10. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

My fave.....I always drive faster when that comes on....

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

"Sorry Officer, I was listening to Nirvana, and..."

"I understand. I'll just put my ticket book away. Have a nice day, Sir".

Works every time. :)

12. éder

éder Forum Resident

I was having a long conversation in a bar with a fellow musician friend of mine yesterday, we grew up together and we were both into the same music..
    Because of this thread i brought up the topic of 'nevermind' into our conversation.. ' what a great album' i said ' remember how we learned to play guitar to that record ? ' - he replied ' its a good album but its just power chords '..
    What a dick.. That really pissed me off, he's completely forgotten the debt he owes 'nevermind'.. so what if its just power chords ?
    I am so glad that i never became a music snob like he did and only listen to music to get off on technical prowess..

I appreciate great guitarists , but I dont care if your steve vai's can play a million notes a second mate- they are never gonna write an album that comes close to 'nevermind' .. i'll take great songwriting over musical wizardry all day thanks...

13. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

The girl at 3:35 still haunts my sleep.

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

15. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

It was an okay for five minutes kind of an album, I soon got bored of it.

16. Psychedelic Good Trip

Hear you big time. Just enjoy the music. Look at all the technical notes in the literature accompanying cd, vinyl or an onine search later on. Enjoy the tunes.

Well put.

éder likes this.
  17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I'm going to cut and paste this from an old Nirvana FAQ which is full of interesting (and in some cases, badly outdated or wrong) information (the happening: original nirvana faq )
    • There are two lines in the Nevermind liner notes that are not lyrics on the album:

• 1) "The second coming came in last and out of the closet"
        2) "At the end of the rainbow and your rope"

18. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

What a breath of fresh air NEVERMIND was. I was musically bored to death when this beautiful album came along. By the way, it still smells like... after a quarter of a century.

Grant and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  19. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

The last great rock band album (I love In Utero as well) and apart from some Jackie Leven, Peter Perrett and Bob Dylan albums and maybe Ten by Pearl Jam I don't need to pack much else created post 1990 when moving my music collection. A real blast from beginning to end and I am a fan of Endless Nameless.

20. Psychedelic Good Trip

:laugh:

Hahahhahaha!!!!

VinylRob likes this.
  21. Psychedelic Good Trip

By 1990 I was in 1980's burnout over production mode. Nevermind may have been over produced to Cobain, but Nevermind was a furnace blast of sound 1991.

John Adam and VinylRob like this.
  22. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Born in '94, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" has ALWAYS been there, and was constantly on the radio for as long as I can remember. We eventually got the greatest hits CD (the one just called Nirvana), and much later I finally got my hands on the actual studio albums. Every song is good, IMO though it took the longest to appreciate "Polly", for me.

23. éder

éder Forum Resident

Yeah, im a musician - and i like the challenge of a complicated guitar part, but i never listen to music to criticize the musicianship or moan about a song written with 4 basic chords... if it sounds great and its a great song it doesnt matter what you play..
    All you need to play 'something in the way' is a finger and 3 strings ! Thats genius in my book !

24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Some people get to analytical with music. Don't enjoy it for what it is.

éder likes this.
  25. éder

éder Forum Resident

Yeah, and i spent ages listening to nevermind trying to find those words and i've still never found them ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.