George Harrison 2017 vinyl box discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrgroove01, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That is a common error. ATMP sold less than Band On The Run. BUT ATMP is counted as 2 or 3 LPs in those tallies of record sales, so its numbers are doubled or tripled compared to each individual album-unit sale. As far as going by the exact sales with ATMP and Band On The Run each counting as ONE album sale, the biggest selling solo Beatles record is Band On The Run.

supermd, Wingsfan2012 and Mark Wilson like this.
  2. Roland S.

Roland S. Forum Resident

Of course I mean The Beatles and not one Solo-Beatle or combined Solo-Beatles in Terms of Bigsellers and Sales in Comparison to the The Beatles. :)

3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

That's awful - never known them to pull that before. When did you order it? I think I placed my order on 1/31 and have received no such notice...

4. Arnold Grove

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  5. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I placed my order on 1/25/17.

I just sent an e-mail to customer service asking for more information about the cancellation.

6. I played my CC order on 1/19. I literally just got an email from Amex that my card was just charged for it. So I guess it's being shipped soon.

7. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

Thanks for that. :cheers:

raq0915 likes this.
  8. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

9. PMC7027

I just received this reply:

"Thank you for contacting The Video Collection!

Hello Mr David

We apologize but the system do it by it self when item is waiting to long , but it looks like the item will be available on 02/24 so just order it again.

Again, thank you for writing The Video Collection. We appreciate your business.

Best Regards,

JC – The Video Collection Customer Service Support [email protected] http://www.videocollection.com"

Of course the 20% off code that was available in January is no longer valid. I sent them a reply asking for another code or to have my original order reinstated.

More to follow, I'm sure...

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  10. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Just spoke to someone from Barnes and Noble, and they said that Barnes and Nobles stock is going to be very limited, and in fact that specific store only got 1 copy of ATMP, 1 copy of Cloud 9, and 2 copies of Brainwashed and NO box sets, so for those who are waiting or thinking about it, I suggest pulling the trigger already

11. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

As of a couple years ago physical box sets are become more rare in stores like Best Buy and Barnes and Noble. I have stated elsewhere that I have not seen any of Paul's archive boxes in store since RAM. That also includes the "Pure McCartney" box. Now they continue to carry the 2 CD versions of all. Very surprised that with B&N's growing vinyl section that they would not carry at least a couple of the George vinyl boxes........

12. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

With Amazon Prime all music releases I have received on the release day without exception and that includes box sets......

13. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Glad Im not the only one who noticed they never carry McCartney on vinyl! Ive seen Pure McCartney at Barnes and Noble once, but thats it

14. mrjinks

This is ccmusic, right? Feb Code is: FEB1775

15. I think you had originally posted the January version. And before I ever saw your updated one for February, I just guessed at this and it worked :tiphat:

mrjinks likes this.
  16. mrjinks

My store certainly had ToW & PoP - I remember being rather ticked off, because they came with the bonus 45 reissues that were exclusive to B&N.

17. PMC7027

Thanks for the code. I had to re-order the Harrison Box of LPs. Of course it was more expensive this time. The price before the 20% discount was$2.39 higher and shipping was $25.95 instead of $16.95. The total cost was $337.93 where the first time I ordered it was $327.02.

18. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

The Barnes and Noble versions of the vinyl reissues of "Tug of War" and "Pipes of Peace" are not only sold in B&N stores, they include exclusive 7-inch vinyl singles.

19. Mine shipped from them was 337.02. A good deal IMHO.

20. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

The ATMP I ordered from Amazon still hasnt shipped :/ Im sure it will be here on friday though

21. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Rats! I was supposed to get Brainwashed early (today) from a local record shop, but shipments got delayed until friday. Oh well! See yall tomorrow

22. [​IMG]

Yum yum *

* this is not mine.

mrgroove01, Clonesteak, Goldy and 4 others like this.
  23. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Im sorry, but I cant help but laugh at the pic of harrison LOL

superstar19 likes this.
  24. Arnold Grove

Let us know how the quality of the covers/artwork/inserts compares to say the recent excellent box sets of Tom Petty's LPs.

superstar19 likes this.
  25. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Also, the corners on the ATMP box seem too sharp and it seems awfully thick. I really hope the box material is the same as the original and not some cheap plastic/ cardboard crap like they used on the 58-62 bootleg box

superstar19 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.