Humans - New Show on AMC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not so much - it's a draggy season.

2. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

At least it promises to more fully play with a few ideas, which is more than I can say for a lot of tv.

3. beccabear67

This is good science fiction, a good fourth episode (season two) with lots of ideas being explored. I'm impressed now! Looking forward to the next one more than any other show on right now.

:righton:

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  4. beccabear67

Saw five & six of Humans and it's still improving! If the synths all have basically the same source code(s) isn't it only their experiences that mark any differences between them? I've always believed in nature a bit over nurture with us humans, but the synths it must be all 'nurture'. Their experiences, presumably even the pre-consciousness ones, are who they are.

Plus the humans imitating synths angle is fairly true to life, like white suburban kids acting all ghetto. Reminds me a bit of Richard Caulder's sf stories with girls becoming genetically-engineered doll women by way of imitation or a virus. These forms can shine a light on human nature through the device of the synth others. Ala Philip K. Dick with his replicants, how do we know we are conscious/alive? I hope they don't blow the whole thing by trying to answer the questions.

5. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Season seems short. Tonight is the finale, 2 hours like last week's episode. I'm sure it will end with a cliff hanger, but I do hope to see at least some story threads resolved. One thing I've learned - those synths sure do hold a grudge!

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's written in their subroutines, designed to make them more human.

7. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Just finished the season finale last night. This show has such an understated feel, which I would attribute to keeping things within budget. They do the most with what they have, but the grand finale of this season was like a whimper. Good drama, good character development, all in all a good show with a nice use of cliff hangers. You can also tell they're a bit rushed by time on some story threads that get real tidy real quick.

8. Does anyone know if the S2 version on AMC is edited compared to what is broadcast in other countries?

9. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Finally got around to watching it. I enjoyed Hester at first but it looks like she got what was coming. Gonna miss Pete, I liked him. Took me 2 nights to watch, did the first hour one night and the second hour the next.

10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Just finished 2.0!

OMG!

11. mds

mds Forum Resident

Get ready June 5th is coming quickly.

12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Couldn't get a hold of season 1, so season 2 it was..have to backtrack and watch the first season.
    Pretty good I must say.

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Humans S1 was much better than S2. However, S3 was excellent and return to form. It's too bad you saw S2 before S1, because it really helps to know how things started and developed to where they were at the end of S1.

14. alexpop

A bit like when I seen Lost Season 2, then had to backtrack for season 1.
    Just the way it goes sometimes.

15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Except that for Lost, it didn't make much difference since nothing ever got resolved! :p

16. alexpop

lost
    Season 2 was amazing, season 1 maybe better.

17. alexpop

Good observation.

18. Wingman

Wingman Bored of the Rings

Excellent show. Does everything right that Westworld does wrong.

Bobby Buckshot and alexpop like this.
  19. alexpop

Westworld
    Season 1 was underwhelming i found.

20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Westworld is Mozart to Humans' The Go-Go's - both are enjoyable, but one is much more accomplished than the other.

21. alexpop

Mozart?
    No way?

22. mds

mds Forum Resident

Certainly one is much more demanding of the watcher to truly understand and appreciate fully while the other is pretty straight forward. I kind of agree with the analogy however Mozart can be appreciated on just the beauty of the music while Westworld if you are not willing to delve into it one might be put off and not care to continue. I might say a Captain Beefheart Record like Trout Fish Replica.

alexpop likes this.
  23. alexpop

Fish ?
    Agree.
    Music analogy wise
    I'd compare Breaking Bad to Beethoven.

24. mds

mds Forum Resident

Ha, yes Mask funny mistake

alexpop likes this.
  25. alexpop

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.