Good deals on eBay

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

It seems like a good time to start a thread for good deals on eBay.

For this not to turn into nonsense, some simple rules:

1) No auctions. Only BuyItNow sales.
    2) Seller has at least 3 copies available of title when posting.
    3) Use common sense with regard to sellers, e.g. if it's not a well known seller, is there a reason to be skeptical? Avoid posting obvious scams...

bt1098, tmtomh, zphage and 3 others like this.
  2. kwadguy

black sheriff likes this.
  3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Half the price of amazon.com. Note that it's a pre-order on eBay and you are charged now. My only concern buying from this U.K. outfit is the ability to do an exchange if this turns out to be one of those disastrous packaging sets with badly scratched discs.

4. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Badlands has a good reputation.

tmtomh likes this.
  5. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Looks like they noticed the price difference - up to $49 shipped now.

6. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

7. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Nice lead. There are some terrific deals in the albums you referenced. I already have several of those as they showed up last year at similar prices through importCDs/eBay.

I haven't bought from this seller before. I went off your grid and picked up the double 180g vinyl of Phil Collins' Both Sides ($9.37 shipped, my favorite album of his) and Journeys To Glory by Spandau Ballet ($7.35 shipped).

tmtomh, Davidmk5 and Sammy Banderas like this.
  9. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip on Phil collins , only album of his i've never owned & happy to be getting it :)

Sammy Banderas and SJP like this.
  11. kwadguy

12. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

If I didn't already own this CD, I would buy it myself. If you like atonal electronic sounds that sound like they were created in a creepy, dark looking "laboratory" studio, then you might like this CD. Moog, cut and splice tape electronic sounds with no song structures at all. This CD has been OOP for a while and is a silver pressed CD, not a CD-R like the other available CD of this material put out by Smithsonian Records years later. It's new and sealed as well. Below is some YouTube clips of the material from this album but it's the Smithsonian records CD, since I could not find the Locust CD on YouTube. It's the same material between the two CDs, however the Smithsonian adds a little more material not on the Locust CD:

Google

$3.99 plus $3 shipping:
    J D Robb Rhythmania - Electronic Music from Razor Blades to Moog CD NEW seal rip 646315903720 | eBay

Mr. H likes this.
  13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

From Soundstage Direct eBay store:
    Miles Davis - My Funny Valentine MFSL vinyl $19.99 + $3.12 shipping.

Not sure how good of a deal this is, seemed good enough to me, I ordered one. Listed as new and sealed, but with corner dings. OK with me, for the price.

tmtomh likes this.
  14. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

black sheriff likes this.
  15. kwadguy

tmtomh and black sheriff like this.
  16. npc210

npc210 Forum Resident

ImportCDs has good selection and reasonable prices, but shipping speed has become a major issue with my last two orders. It shouldn't take nearly three weeks for something to get from Kentucky to Pennsylvania.

tmtomh and black sheriff like this.
  17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

If it goes through Jersey City it might. If it's not delayed it's usually destroyed. Sometimes both. That hub s**ks.

Fortunately, my orders from them go from Kentucky to Jacksonville to Miami. Takes 3-5 days.

npc210 and rmos like this.
  18. MZ_RH1

MZ_RH1 Active Member

So, how do you know that you are not promoting your items on eBay? Is that even allowed?

19. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I went for the Peter Gabriel Security LP when you posted this, but just yesterday I got an email about a refund from Paypal apparently it is not coming.

20. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

21. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

The thing that's really strange is...I'm also from the Pittsburgh area (near Monroeville), and I've been buying lots of LP's and CD's from ImportCD's and their affiliates through their eBay sales...never takes more than 3 or 4 days to arrive. I just purchased the Black Crowes 'Warpaint Live' LP set on eBay, and it arrived 2 days later!

However, if you're buying through their website (www.importcds.com) it takes a lot longer (usually, as you stated, several weeks). Don't know why that is.

22. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

My understanding is that the Hebron Kentucky hub is where DHL collects lots of packages, waits for them to accumulate in sufficient volume, then delivers them to various USPS sorting centers, after which USPS finishes the delivery.

In my experience, packages sit at the Hebron hub for 2 to 10 days before proceeding on through the delivery system. So if I had to guess, I'd say the variability in delivery times folks experience has to do with how long it takes the Hebron hub to accumulate enough packages headed to each particular USPS sorting station - I presume the packages sit there until they have enough to fill up an 18-wheeler or some such.

And I would imagine that time delay would vary not only by destination but also by time of year.

npc210 likes this.
  23. live evil

live evil Senior Member

Hebron, KY is where the Greater Cincinnati airport is located, so I doubt the accumulated packages are loaded onto an 18 wheeler.

tmtomh likes this.
  24. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Hebron is the location of the UPS Air distribution hub (similar to the FedEx hub in Memphis). With UPS Air having originally established their presence there, many other shippers, distribution centers, etc. followed and set up shop there also.

tmtomh likes this.
  25. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I was unaware of that. Thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.