Comedy vinyl classics

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by beccabear67, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

Murray Roman's "You can't beat people up and have them say i love you"...
    [​IMG]

:)

beccabear67 likes this.
  2. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Don Adams "Roving Reporter" LP

beccabear67 likes this.
  3. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

Some people don't know that Newhart is "Professor Proton" from the Big Bang Theory.
    Some of us were talking about BBT and Professor Proton came up, and of course Newhart's name kept drawing blanks, nobody remembered his 1980's-90's show.
    I pulled out the records, "Aww my gosh, that's they guy, he's so young." Bob Newhart is still great, Warners needs to reissue those albums.

Any John Valby fans here?

"The Blind Man's Movie" is good also. That album is also the first album to have a all black cover, years before "Smell The Glove" and (Prince's) "The Black Album".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    beccabear67 likes this.
  4. andybeau

andybeau Forum Resident

Numerous by Bernard Cribbins

beccabear67 likes this.
  5. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I bet you never seen or heard this one

[​IMG]

This LP came in the shop once, we put it on and were in shock. No wonder why Winters didn't put his name on it.

This is a private press, pressed for his friends in the 1960 Los Angeles after hours comedy underground which we were told.
    Completely off-the-hook humor: racism, x-rated humor and going off on religion. Included are two routines about cigarettes which are tame.

This isn't the Jonathan Winters of the early 60's doing the funny voices, this is quite raw.

beccabear67 likes this.
  6. xilef regnu

xilef regnu Senior Member

Crazy blasphemous stuff for a young(at the time) Beatle fan, but I somehow knew it was completely brilliant.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  7. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I have successfully. And you have the benefit of Amazon's guarantee.

beccabear67 likes this.
  8. DLD

DLD Senior Member

[​IMG] Several Firesign Theater albums, this was the first I heard:

VU Master, MRT and beccabear67 like this.
  9. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

[​IMG]

MRT likes this.
  10. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

11. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

This seems like a good time to ask... My buddy's dad had a comedy album that us young-uns thought was rip-roaringly hilarious. The only thing I can remember is a skit featuring a sports caster named "Ace Scrubneck" or something like that. Anybody know this off-color comedy team/record from the 60's?

12. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I don't think I have ever purchased vinyl from Amazon, so I cannot comment on quality. I'm usually turned off by the unreasonably high prices. EBay seems to better in that regard, I think.

13. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

This album resonated deeply with at least some members of the Grateful Dead "family", as this except attests:

The 43 persons constituting the Grateful Dead's European tour apportioned themselves for the most part between two busses which came to be known as the Bolo bus and the Bozo bus. The Bolo bus had a john in it and its seats faced forward. The Bozo bus had a refrigerator and some of its seats were installed facing back, to accommodate four tables. And to look back, the subtle difference in character and import and atmosphere between the two omnibuses was so profoundly hidden and enigmatic that you could never possibly understand it. The Bozos wore masks, and the Bolos showed their faces. At one time the Bozos staged a raid on the Bolo provisions; at one time the Bolos staged a raid on the Bozo provisions.

14. dalem5467

dalem5467 Forum Resident

15. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

Well, I was gonna say Bill Cosby, but, uh... No. There is this one Eddie Murphy one I really like that I have. When I find the name, Ill report back

16. WillieDaPimp

WillieDaPimp Good bad, not evil

I grew up with that Steve Martin and Carlin album. Cheech and Chong, too!

Duke Fame likes this.
  17. Robert Parker

Robert Parker Forum Resident

This is one of my enduring favorites. I think I paid 99 cents for my copy at K-Mart in the late '70s.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Saturday Night Live LP - Arista AL 4107

Gems-A-Bems and AnalogJ like this.
  18. andybeau

andybeau Forum Resident

The Monty Python Matching Tie And Handkerchief
    Side B is a bitch, Double Grooved

19. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

with a name like smuckers, it has to be good

AnalogJ likes this.
  20. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

"Mangled baby ducks."

21. Digital Morphine

Digital Morphine Forum Resident

This is the perfect sketch for this place. You're welcome :)

22. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Kind of on the cusp of comedy and performance art, but does anyone have any Brother Theodore albums on Coral? I think there were two. They are very hard to find, in my experience.

23. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

I played the heck out of this when I was a little kid, even though I didn't know most of the songs that were sampled in it.

[​IMG]

Folknik likes this.
  24. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

It's not a perfect album by any means, but I really enjoy Live From New York by Gilda Radner. She reprises her most famous characters from SNL and I never understood why so many people hated this record. Like I said, it's not perfect, but it's pretty funny.

As a kid, I played The First Family a lot. I still think parts of it are genius.

Monty Python, Firesign Theater and a couple of the National Lampoon albums are in my collection as well as this local (St. Louis area) radio team that still remains very funny...

[​IMG]

25. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

I found this in mint condition for $1 at a yard sale. I'd never heard about it until then, and it's good for a few laughs...

[​IMG]

audiofool likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.