Any gear in your system now you also had a decade ago?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Nate, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Audio Research CA5o integrated amp over 10 years old. The remainder of the main system is under 10. In the living room, the Thiel CS.5 speakers are over 10, while the remainder is under 10.

2. SKBubba

SKBubba Forum Resident

Klipsch Quartets (~25 years old), Klipsch SW-450 sub (~12 years old), Snell in-wall surrounds (~14 years old, think they are out of business now), 3x pairs KEF in-ceiling speakers in other rooms (~14 years old), Infinity outdoor speakers on patio (~14 years old), Niles speaker selector box (~14 years old).

Have a pair of large Advent Loudspeakers out in the garage that need refurb. Bought used in about 1973, think they were made around 1970. Also have a Technics turntable with a bad Ortofon (I think) cart that hasn't been used in over 25 years. Maybe someday...

3. efraley

efraley Forum Resident

I have a BIC FM antenna "box" that I've used for over 30 years.

Tim 2 likes this.
  4. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Thorens TD 124, SME 3009, Shure V15III.

wait a second, I didn't realise my Cambridge CD player is now a decade old. Time to get a new DAC, I fear.

5. Vinyl Sean

Vinyl Sean Active Member

Almost everything in my system including the most important, my 58 year old ears!

6. LarryP

LarryP Soul Singing

My turntables (various Technics...) and an old Ortofon cartridge, replaced stylus of course!

7. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

My Sony PCM-R500 (Pro DAT deck).

Purchased new in 1999 as the mastering deck for my home studio. When the studio was dismantled it became the tape deck in my home audio system.
    Has worked wonderfully.

8. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

Aside from one equipment rack, only some power amps are still around for more than 10 years: A Bryston 9BST and a McCormack DNA-1, Rev.A. There are some turntables, too, but they are in the closet and no longer used.

9. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

Most of my gear>

sean

Spitfire likes this.
  10. Doug_B

Doug_B Time Traveler

From the time I starting using a dedicated room and revamped all my equipment, in 2001, I still have the same speakers (Soundline Audio 5 channels, SVS sub), power amps (Odyssey Stratos 2 and 3 channel, Samson S1000 for sub), and HT controller (Anthem AVM20). Also have had the same BPT power conditioner, and for the most part the same interconnects, speaker cables, and power cables for most of that time. I even still have an Outlaw ICBM from the early 2000's, originally used to funnel 5.1 inputs from separate SACD and DVD-A sources to the AVM20, but for most of the time now to derive a .1 channel for my 2 channel music.

Most of my audio equipment changes since 2001 are in the areas of source digital components (CD to SACD and DVD-A to universal units to modified universal units) and addition / upgrade re 2 channel pre-amps.

Doug

11. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

Everything

12. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

My B&W floorstanders (20 yrs.) and Transparent in-wall speaker cable (10yrs.). Everything else is new.

13. beavis

beavis Forum Resident

McIntosh MC225, MC250, Klipsch La Scalas, Technics SL1210, Technics 15 and 25 turntables.

I like older equipment if it is refreshed properly.....

14. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

Yes, I have numerous pieces that I have had in my system for more than ten years, but, the weird thing is that some of the more recent additions are actually FAR older.

My Basis Debut table and Vector tonearm and Magnum Etude tuner have been in my system for more than ten years. My speaker system, with the exception of the midrange driver/horns , is also older than ten years. More recently than 10 years ago, I replaced the midrange driver/horn with a something from around 1939 (Western Electric 713b driver). My amplifier and linestage are newer than 10 years old, but, most of the parts in these units are many decades old, some parts being around 60 years old.

Doug_B likes this.
  15. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

two technics 1200 mk ii's - 1 in use - 2 in non use (3 total)
    B&K pro10 MC 0- in use
    cerwin vega D-9 pair-storage
    onkyo tx-890 receiver in garage duty

16. Albert D'Addario

Albert D'Addario New Member

My Nakamichi 410 and 420. Also, my AR/XB turntable. All were bought new 40 years ago.

All 3 pieces have been lovingly cared for and restored.

17. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Old but relatively new to me: speaker stands, turntable, and CD Player.

18. 575maranello

575maranello Forum Resident

yup garrard 301

19. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

Yes, my McIntosh Mac 1900 receiver.

20. MothAudio

MothAudio Active Member

[​IMG]
    Silverline Sonatina MK I [2000]
    [​IMG]
    Moth Audio s45 custom [2001]
    [​IMG]
    Shunyata Research Hydra [2000]

21. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

My KEF Q5 frontspeakers and a Denon 4308 AVR

22. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Also: cables. There are many behind my beloved boxes and I usually don't remember how old they are or which is which, but some of those must be quite old.

23. sheffandy

sheffandy Forum Resident

CD player

24. monte4

monte4 Senior Member

My whole system is 20 years old (Linn). I recently had the LP12 serviced along with a new cartridge. Big day for me tomorrow though as I`m changing amps and going to bi-amp and go active with my system.

25. irender

irender Forum Resident

Systemdek IIX turntable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.