Don't Get Lost-Brian Jonestown Massacre

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TSWisla, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone give it a listen? What do you think?

2. TSWisla

OK, I will start. Upon first listen, it was good, but didn't initially grab me like Their Satanic Majesties Second Request, for example. I am not much of an electronica fan, but after a second listen I like it a lot more. The drum beats, grooves and melodies really draw me in. It is not an album that you can listen to while doing something else. Anyway, I really enjoyed it.

3. cacaaaaaaw

cacaaaaaaw Forum Resident

Dropping Bombs on the Sun is a killer track, have they made anything else with this Sigur Ros-like uplifting feel? I've only listened to one other album, My Satanic Majesties, and have been enjoying Don't Get Lost quite a bit more. It started off a little slow but I'm all in now. What should I listen to next (besides this again)??

4. TSWisla

Interesting! If you like the electronica groove thing, then definitely give Who Killed Sgt Pepper and My Bloody Underground a listen. Those two sound the closest to Don't Get Lost, I would say, but don't stop there. The entire catalog is wonderful and worth at least a listen.

5. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Haven't heard all of the album yet, but what I have heard, I like quite a bit. Some of it even reminds me of Methodrone.

Really like "Open Minds Now Close".

I also like this album a bit better than My Bloody Underground and some of the stuff from around that time, like Aufheben.

They also put out the Third World Pyramid album late last year. It would take many a boxed set at this point to collect all of this prodigious output.

6. TSWisla

I can't say that there is anything from BJM that I don't like. I initially did not like Pepper, but after a second listen I find that I really enjoy it. As I said earlier, I don't particularly emjoy electronica, but there is more to that album than that. I agree that "Open Minds" is a great song.

Aufheben has some wonderful songs on it and @cacaaaaaaw might enjoy that album as well.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Oh certainly--"Viholliseni Maala" from that record is an incredible song, Anton seemingly on a big Krautrock kick there.

8. cacaaaaaaw

cacaaaaaaw Forum Resident

Thanks, I will definitely be checking these out once I've got my fill of Don't Get Lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.