Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Now that the archive collection of Flowers In The Dirt has finally been released, naturally some of our discussion turns to 'what's next?'.

There traditional 'coming soon' card has been replaced with a card that simply says:

'For more information on forthcoming releases in the Paul McCartney Archive Collection please visit paulmccartney.com'

Until such time as we get an official announcement on what's next, I thought it best to continue our more general discussion about the future of the series in a separate thread. Hence why I've included 'TBC / To Be Confirmed' in the title - since I'm sure some will come here looking to see which titles are next.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait quite as long for the next release!

2. Frank

Frank Senior Member

3. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Back to the Egg please.

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

London Town for me please

Matt Starr, fer2, RangerXT and 25 others like this.
  5. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

It's been a few years since we've had a Wings album, I'd be happy to receive any of them next (preferably as a pair).

6. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

How 'bout BOTH for the next release?

7. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I've been waiting for "Red Rose Speedway" for at least a few years. Maybe this year or next it will finally be released.

Matt Starr, Vidiot, mooseman and 17 others like this.
  8. Wild Life / Red Rose Sweedway. Let folks finally revisit and understand this first great Wings album that didn't try to be trendy and copy whatever else was happening. It was a lo fi beauty.

9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

When?:

My guess: February/March 2018.

Which?:

I think we'll get two (in the more traditonal book form; not the super-duper boxes with loads of extras): Hoping for Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway, but would accept London Town & Back To The Egg. Releasing these two groups as pairs makes cohesive sense, as they combine to tell a collective story (the beginning of Wings for the first pair; the end of Wings for the latter pair). But then again, Paul could be purposefully contrary, and pair up Wild Life with Back To The Egg.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  10. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I am hoping the early Wings albums and Back To The Egg come out before my Social Security starts in 8 years...:).

11. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

According to a very good source Flaming Pie will probably be the next one. Though plans do sometimes change..

12. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

I would be quite happy with more straightforward releases like Venus & Mars instead of the big elaborate sets like RAM and Wings Over America - a nice book and discs is fine. I would love a Back To The Egg set with all the videos from the TV special, the Rockestra documentary and the live stuff from the end of 1979.

13. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

Most definitely!!!

Instant Dharma likes this.
  14. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I'm with you on your choices, format and time scale. That would be fine.

Am still fence-sitting on Flowers in the Dirt (partly as a protest regarding the 'contrary' decision about the download aspect and pricing). I'm sure that the release is nicely done and it was probably too late to change things. I really don't believe the 'it's the future' line. It does not ring true and then to release a cassette just looks ridiculous. With the length of time it was in production my guess is that it was already complete and too late to change the format. Why else do you ignore a large thumbs-down from your most devoted fans. Does not make sense. There is contrariness and cutting one's own throat to be awkward.

longdist01, jricc and Mumbojunk like this.
  15. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

At this point I don't even know what I want anymore. I am hoping for the Wings albums to be flushed out as well as Braodstreet and Press To Play since they have so many outtakes and album cuts. Then again, if Flaming Pie is next that would be the most interesting since we only have Looking For You and Broomstick. There are also no bootlegs of outtakes from that era either since the vaults became locked up during this time so it'll be interesting to see what can be unloaded for Flaming Pie.

supermd, Sean Murdock, Tord and 5 others like this.
  16. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

I'm hoping for Wings albums next, but I really want a Press to Play release soon, if for no other reason than to have the amazing 7" mix of Pretty Little Head getting a digital release.

babyblue, Johnny Reb, Sean and 3 others like this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Besides Flaming Pie, we could also get:
    Overcooked Pie
    Undercooked Pie
    Rotten Pie
    Spoiled Pie
    Don't Pass The Pie ;)

18. Pieter Kozak

Pieter Kozak Well-Known Member

Give My Regards to Broadstreet, Please.

[​IMG]

19. Arnold Grove

I am hoping the early Wings albums and Back To The Egg come out before the end of days ... ;)

20. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Don't let MPL see this!!

21. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Wild Life, anyone?

22. Arnold Grove

Too late for that!! Not only did they see it, but they PRODUCED IT and RELEASED IT the first time around! ;)

jlf, andrewskyDE and edenofflowers like this.
  23. Pieter Kozak

Pieter Kozak Well-Known Member

hahaha!

24. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

When?:

Sometime this century (possibly).

What I'd like?:

If the Archive Collection continues (which I'm sceptical of), Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway.

What I think we'll get?:

Flaming Pie.

What I'd really, really like (fingers crossed)?:

The start of a box set series covering his entire career. Vol. 1: 1970-73 would do nicely.

Hopefully that's part of Capitol's Comprehensive Plan....

25. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

His hair looked more realistic then than it does now.

limoges, Westerwick, willy and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.