Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Hope you get enough to buy the set soon. I al defitively sure you will enjoy it:)

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  2. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Note from the moderators:

The soliciting, buying, selling, trading or giving away of download codes is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you!

3. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I'd be surprised if there is a producer alive who wouldn't want their name attached to a Paul McCartney album, even if it's not their best, because it looks great on their CV! I don't think he shamed himself with the record, he did what he could and though he nowadays wishes he'd have done things differently I don't think he's got anything to worry about, we all live and learn.

theMess likes this.
  4. milo

milo Forum Resident

The Lovers That Never Were demo (Geoff Emerick mix)

Wingsfan2012 and wayneklein like this.
  5. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Why would Emerick be given the task of remixing a demo???

6. Nerktwin

Nerktwin Forum Resident

I will never forgive Elvis for moving Paul away from the Rick and convincing him the hofner was the way to go. I know he didn't force him to keep playing it all these years but I feel like Elvis talked about how iconic it was and then it just suddenly became Paul's thing again...FOREVER. Bring back the Rick.

7. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

mrjinks likes this.
  8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Don t you think Paul is qualified to decide which instrument he should use. Personally I truly believe he is very qualified.:)

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  9. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

I should be enjoying my 2lp version but this dummy preordered from Popmarket in December and I fear they have gone belly-up along with my 29.99

gabbleratchet7 and Deano6 like this.
  10. edenofflowers

I don't think that happened though, did it? Elvis said that Paul had been given a bass for Christmas, I think Paul said it was the 5 string he uses in Put in There, but that he suggested Paul use the Hofner and Rickenbacker instead. Paul used both and in the process realised how much he liked the Hofner and how it then became part of the recording and live shows from then on. Elvis definitely didn't dissuade using the Rickenbacker, it was another bass he was down on.

somnar, Thrillington and theMess like this.
  11. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Chaos should be in the last group ...

ConnieGuitar and Sean Murdock like this.
  12. milo

milo Forum Resident

Sorry, my bad, it doesn't say demo. It is a very sparse recording though.

13. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Maybe you didn't notice that the list was official and verified? :cool:

Chaos is mostly a dour snore. Dour snores don't best Flowers in the Dirt.

14. milo

milo Forum Resident

I just redeemed the Best Buy code, very easy to do. I find it interesting that only the disc II's in the deluxe version have the hidden track tacked on at the end. And it seems all of 2 disc sets are made in Germany and the 4 disc sets in China. My set was #03843 BTW:)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

So, what do people think of the cassette demos? How do they compare in quality to the 1987 demos?

16. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thank you. :righton: I am also sure that I will love it; the photographs prove that it is a beautifully designed package, and the book sounds very interesting, let alone the brilliant remastered sound.

On that subject, how would you compare this remaster to the previous remasters in the reissue series? Where would it rate?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Carlox likes this.
  17. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

They are much worse in quality, but I think the first two are among the best demos of the lot. Great tunes and great performances, with decent or better quality. Mistress and Maid is a nice song too, but on this particular recording the sonic limits of the cassette tape are actually a deterrent to wanting to listen to it. Lots of unwanted distortion.

daveidmarx, jacden, Yorick and 5 others like this.
  18. edenofflowers

Much ropier in terms of SQ but they're charming and enjoyable too. They sound like what they are, a portable tape recording, but they're worth the inclusion.

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  19. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thank you for the reply; that is good to hear. Where would you rate 'I Don't Want To Confess' amongst the other songs they wrote together?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

So doesnt that make FITD a new-phase McCartney album?

21. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Thank you Jesus! JM909 has finally heard the songs.

22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Just imagine what Phil Spector could have done with "Motor Of Love"... ;)

23. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Put it There: Arranged by George Martin, over-arranged by Phil Spector.

24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Im not an expert on sound quality but sound wise I would rate Flowers very high among the archive-series. The original album has a warmer and fuller sound with more attention to details than before. The demos sounds extraordinary compared to the bootlegs we have heard before. It s almost like having Paul and Elvis singing in the room. Almost unreal.The band outtakes have a very clear sound with a big separation between the instruments creating a very big sound. Since these are demos/outtakes the mixes are somewhat rougher -but still it sounds incredible.

25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Turn around. They are in your room! ;)