Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary editions to be released May 26, 2017* Anticipation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JOSERENATO, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Thanks for the heads-up, man. Let's wait and see.

2. peterpyser

peterpyser Forum Resident

If they don't include those sessions tapes machines in each boxed set i won't buy a copy.

3. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Yeah, what has Apple ever done for us?

[​IMG]

4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I want the whole recording studio from that time period instead.

5. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

See, you lot are the worst! Or is it the best?:p:pRon

Wingsfan2012 and andrewskyDE like this.
  6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I would've replied, "I don't think you're answering my question."
    And, they'd say,
    "Well, let me put it this way; THERE'S A JOB TO BE DONE!"
    cue "Christmastime Is Here Again"!

7. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

I want Paul and Ringo to play a one-off Sgt. Pepper show. Costumes and all. Cirque can do some of the staging. Guests can fill in for John/George in different spots. They wouldn't even have to bill it as the Beatles.

8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Original Sgt Pepper album running order. Who choose it ?

9. brainwashed

George Martin

marklamb, Onder, andrewskyDE and 2 others like this.
  10. alexpop

And the Beatles ( 4 members )were happy with it ?

ODIrony likes this.
  11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Haha! :D Well, my hobby is producing music. And I need a proper studio. Or a time machine.

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

They better should've been. Thanks to Mr Epstein they had to release their best cuts to date much earlier than the Pepper album, as a double-a side single.

13. milco

milco Forum Resident

I love the way that all these people who have 'sources' are highly adept at turning absolutely zilch information into something that sounds meaningful and interesting! Even better is the way that people reply, 'Wow! Thanks for the update!'

14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

"Having to please fans when asking them to shell out +/- $100 for a 50 year old album is so tiresome. Wouldn't it be great to go back to the days when you could put out a 30 minute duophonic album with a bunch of singles people already bought on it and sell millions of price-fixed copies?"

Truth is, our ability and willingness to bitch and make demands makes these releases better. They want to release the bare minimum, we make outrageous demands, and the product winds up somewhere in the middle, better off for it.

15. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

How likely do you think that is?

numer9 likes this.
  16. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Must have been, otherwise they would have vetoed it.

muffmasterh, ODIrony and andrewskyDE like this.
  17. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Why then are you reading and participating in this thread? The entire thread is based on speculation and what someone heard from a third party. The very nature of "leaks" is that they are fairly non-specific and obtuse in order to not give away the identity of the inside person spilling the beans.
    There have been a few people on this forum that have been members for years that have some credibility as they have provided information in the past. Whether you believe it or not, there are folks in the business that frequent this forum and do have contacts with others in the business and know a thing or two. (but maybe only 1 thing or 2, not the entire story exactly as it may come to pass)

And even when there are absolute insiders that work directly with Apple and go public with their information, they often get things wrong, as Apple is known to change its mind over and over about releases. Example is the several interviews that Michael Lindsey Hogg has given over the years about what has been done with the Let It Be film, and how it will be out "this year" or in 2013, or whenever and the year comes and goes with no release.

18. alexpop

It's either the motherlode, or a spartan release with this title. With the price of live concerts ( big acts ) $200/300 bucks. Think this 50 anniversary Sgt Pepper will economically priced in comparison.

19. brainwashed

Oh relax! I had a bunch of folks PM me over the weekend asking if I had heard anything new. You're right, no real updates (except a possible UK trade presser next week) and I didn't intend WHATSOEVER to make it more meaningful than it was. The folks responding to my post did so in a humorous way. This is exactly why I hate saying anything. There's always a few folks who are naysayers and don't believe a damn thing. Hope YOUR sources are better at providing you the real dirt. Ron

PS My last remark about the May Jams is MY take at saying "you can't please everyone." I'm fairly certain we won't hear a damn note from those jams, but I sure would like to hear 'em. Is that OK?

20. alexpop

Ya think?

21. brainwashed

...or it will be something in-between. There's no saying exactly what it will be yet. There's been a bit more chatter from those with sources that this set will be fun. Of course, until we know for sure, it's all conjecture. No source (that I'm aware of) has disclosed the contents as of 27 March 2017 10:15 AM EDT.

22. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

People actually did that? Im starting to get a little freaked out some of you... CHILL OUT PEOPLE! In a few weeks we will probably know whats coming.

Lewisboogie, andrewskyDE and alexpop like this.
  23. alexpop

Gonna be one long t h r e a d.

ODIrony and vitorbastos123 like this.
  24. When it came out, Grace (who worked at the desk next to me) said it was wonderful, and that the music was great, because it was in Dolby Stereo!

My relationship with Grace was never the same, after that.

Bern and dewey02 like this.
  25. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

No guests, please. It has to be Julian and Dhani. If I see Dave Grohl up there in a Pepper costume, I'll vomit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.