Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham - Tour Date!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

I am doubting this is going to be an opportunity to her my favorite pre 1975 Christine songs....

2. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

I'd like to hear Buckingham McVie take on some of Christine's tracks from Bare Trees and Mystery To Me. I always thought they lacked a little polish - would be interesting if Lindsey buffed them up a bit, because it seems like with just a little work they could be as good as her cuts were during the Buckingham/Nicks era...

3. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

i dont need em polished just played!!

pghmusiclover likes this.
  4. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That's an interesting point. Do songwriters tire of playing their own songs?

5. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

I got my tickets on Saturday!

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

That would be a small step up from the 2012 Fleetwood Mac download only tour EP

gregorya likes this.
  7. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

I don't know how they couldn't! :) I think they do them, of course, because of audience demand and they try to put the best face on it, but if you've written say, 150 songs but 3 are only demanded (over and over again) I could see how many artists could come to loathe their biggest hits.

8. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Could be, especially since FM doesn't vary the setlist much. But, I can't recall a songwriter saying he/she loathes playing his/her own work. Of course, they wouldn't admit it if their fans demand those songs, as you say. Anyway, I saw the show twice at the O2 Arena and Buckingham was amazing on "Big Love", "Not That Funny", "World Turning", "I'm So Afraid" and "Go Your Own Way." He was like a man possessed. Maybe it was because it was His first tour with Christine in two decades (he was constantly looking over at her, staring, smiling; I thought that was so cool).

theMess likes this.
  9. lennonfan1

I caught that tour as well and I'm much more excited by the two of them working together than I could ever get with BuckNicks. I'm expecting this is gonna be great and it's the highlight of this year so far for me.

10. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I think a lot of times the reaction from the auidence they get from playing it trumps whatever feelings they have of overplaying it.

11. johnaltman

johnaltman Forum Resident

lol you really do mean tour date.. I assumed the s was left off by mistake

12. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

They didn't do "Not that Funny". It was "I Know I'm Not Wrong." I get those two mixed up.

13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Glad to see them getting together.

14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I wouldn't get too worked up about a partial artist quote - probably pulled straight from the marketing dept, then uploaded to Wikipedia - about the distribution channels for the various release formats.

15. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I'm guessing she mentioned those formats with the CD being assumed. Like, in addition to CD it's coming on itunes and vinyl. Honestly, I don't have the slightest doubt that it will be out on CD. I don't think they would handcuff themselves like that and then go through the effort to put it on vinyl.

majorlance likes this.
  16. lennonfan1

easy to do as they're essentially the same song;)
    I Know....is a composite of Ledge, Not That Funny and That's Enough For Me.

17. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I wondered the same thing, that is, that the CD release was implied.

The only reason that I entertained the possibility at all is that the Fleetwood Mac EP a couple of years ago was a download-only release, and that really surprised me.

18. SoundAdvice

There are most definitely major artists who hate playing certain songs live. Though it's easy to get drunk on the huge pay days and ego stroking in front of big crowds.

I don't recall FM ever actively avoiding material during concerts. They even did Green/Welch material after they were gone.

19. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Why

(is a great song)

20. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

I hope Christine and Lindsey decide to dust off Fleetwood Mac tracks they haven't performed for years. I would welcome any of the following:

Why
    Did You Ever Love Me
    Spare Me a Little
    Remember Me
    Heroes Are Hard to Find
    Come a Little Bit Closer
    Oh Daddy
    Honey Hi
    Brown Eyes
    Wish You Were Here
    Heart of Stone
    Isn't It Midnight
    Temporary One
    Crystal
    Blue Letter
    Family Man
    Tango in the Night
    Caroline
    That's Enough for Me
    Save Me a Place

It's the perfect opportunity, the Bob Welch era songs have been absent from set lists for far too long.

theMess and footlooseman like this.
  21. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

I'm so with you. But one word: Lindsey. I can't see Lindsey going for it.

theMess likes this.
  22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I'd like to see them, but not much of a fan of winery concerts. I've attended a few, and haven't had very good experiences. Difficult traffic, fancy box dinners when a beer and hot dog would taste better, and freezing nights. I'm sure that there are good winery venues, but I'll hope for arena dates.

23. SoundAdvice

If it May or September, maybe, but not so much mid July.

I don't see this duo playing full arenas.

24. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

...and people who aren't paying much attention.

25. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

This. Last time I went to a concert at The Mountain Winery here in the San Francisco Bay Area, some idiots behind us prattled the whole damn show. I was glad when the crowed thinned out a bit toward the end of the set and we were able to move to different seats...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.