Will you be glad / sad / relieved when KISS calls it quits?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dadonred, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Just like Menudo!

2. I have been indifferent to them since I moved on to progressive rock around the time "Dynasty" came out when I was 14, but I was moving on from them even before that.

Kiss was truly 'childs play' from the makeup to the music. Were they fun? sure, were they memorable?, like Bugs Bunny in my view.

It appealed to my childish imagination, and solidified my belief in rock as performance as well as the music, from a kids point of view.

My view of course, but to the question of them quitting? They quit when Peter left..

3. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

I'm a fan of the music (mostly 1974-1982, cherry-picking the rest) but wouldn't care if they called it a day. In my mind, they already have since they became a touring nostalgia act.

Bernard hansen likes this.
  4. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

They've already contributed to the dumbing down of rock & roll in a big way, whatever they decide to do from now on makes no difference.

5. Hokeyboy

Rock was a regular Algonquin Round Table before KISS showed up :laugh:

6. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

KISS has never mailed me a check so it doesn't affect me either way :laugh:

7. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

As a Kiss die hard, I gotta say I'll be releived.

They had their last big peak around 2010 and ever since then Paul's voice has gone completely to hell and it feels like they are beating a dead horse at this point (to me, at least).

:/

telepicker97 likes this.
  8. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Let's just say they brought the meaning of dumbing down to a whole new level, your post is proof of that.

punkmusick likes this.
  9. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

Sad. I love Kiss. Have been a fan since I was eight in 1983. Bought Lick It Up and loved everything about it. Have all the albums even though I mainly listen to the 1980's albums.

10. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Heaven knows, rock should be taken seriously!

Certainly many people share your opinion, but for heaven's sake, rock and roll should be about fun and celebrating life, first and foremost. For most of their career, a KISS concert was incredibly fun and a tremendous party!

They're WAY up there on the list of artists who have sent concertgoers home with a huge smile on their face!

Hokeyboy likes this.
  11. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Post of the day! :cheers:

Mitsuman, Hokeyboy and coffeetime like this.
  12. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

I chose your last selection, "Disappointed" but really none of the choices adequately summed up my feelings.

I would never presume to tell someone else when to stop doing what they want to do, but going out with a final celebration a few years ago, on their 40th Anniversary, would have been about the perfect time, in my estimation.

Whatever they decide, I certainly hope they do a proper "last" concert, with appearances by Ace, Peter and Bruce Kulick. A long show that provides a proper celebration of their history.

I don't believe there will be a "KISS 2.0", but lots of other folks do. Other than an occasional Vegas residency, which would probably be somewhat successful, I don't see it being able to sustain the level of interest or business to make it worthwhile.

GodShifter and telepicker97 like this.
  13. Hokeyboy

Looks like I struck a nerve :righton: I'm pretty sure Sugar, Sugar and Ballad of the Green Berets pre-dates KISS by several years.

npgchris likes this.
  14. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

That's probably entirely fair. And accurate.

warewolf95 likes this.
  15. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I don't like KISS, but they can keep on playing forever and ever, I don't care, nobody forces me to go to their shows.

oldsurferdude and telepicker97 like this.
  16. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

17. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Haven't cared about them since Kiss Meets The Phantom was on TV.

But their passing will be the official funeral of my youth, in some ways.

18. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Funny, I was just working on a treatise about how "Wooly Bully", "Be Bop A Lula", "Tutti Frutti", "Papa Oom Mow Mow", et al, brilliantly examine man struggling to come to grips with his place in the universe.

19. Hokeyboy

Is "masterpiece" joining "proof" in your list of words to Google later? :D

Admittedly the "cartoon band" zinger made me :laugh:

20. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I don't care one way or the other. Problem is, if they do quit, it will give Gene Simmons more time to run his mouth.

21. I won't even notice.

Grant likes this.
  22. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

My thoughts exactly. They had their heyday and now they coast on nostalgia. I listen to and enjoy a portion of their output and beyond that I don't care if they create KISS androids so they can perform into the 23 1/2 Century.

Hokeyboy likes this.
  23. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

I couldn't care less.

24. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Maybe someone can convince him to shorten his tongue.;)

Grant likes this.
  25. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Great kick me thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.