New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. drfindley

drfindley Well-Known Member

Both great stores. I hope they do. In fact, I was wearing an IR shirt when I visited them all in a day.

IR Shane likes this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

i LOVE that!

drfindley likes this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Yes RTI, and man do they do a great job for me. I couldn't be happier with my vendors. If they didn't care as much as I do it wouldn't happen this way.

googlymoogly likes this.
  4. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

A nice one to reissue within a box and with the multiple inserts like originally would be Donovan's A gift from a flower to a garden...Sundazed reissued some mono's but not the box as it was done in 1967 (Epic US) and 1968 (Pye UK)...As we see the pye UK masters are used for kinks mono reissue done by Kevin grey, why not try to locate the pye masters for this donovan box...?

juno6000 and IR Shane like this.
  5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Bought the Everclear album (only like Sparkle and Fade) and the Guilded Palace Of Sin.

More titles man! :D

IR Shane likes this.
  6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I promise more are coming, and there will be announcements soon!

7. art

art Senior Member

I like vinyl but I prefer a well-mastered SACD. I hope you continue SACD titles.

8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I'll be honest, I'm trying FBB, but that doesn't look as viable as it did a few years ago so I see them being fewer and farther between.

9. You'll dig "Sparkle and Fade" - I was a casual Everclear fan and it rocks a lot harder than I expected...

Fullbug, Alex D. and IR Shane like this.
  10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ive always liked that album. Its more punkish than the other one. The other album has too many lyrics that I cant relate to now.

Fullbug and IR Shane like this.
  11. I feel exactly the same way. Maybe it's left over angst from my younger years (or my love of punk in general) but the first one - and I did not even realize this - has a really punk vibe to it.

IR Shane and mpayan like this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

How would you guys feel about a subscription service moving forward? I can ship your LPs and you'll get them a week or two early. Plus I'll send newsletters and other cool stuff with pix from mastering and other "insider" info.

DHamilton, sully12, izgoblin and 5 others like this.
  13. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

My interest is piqued.

IR Shane likes this.
  14. drfindley

I'd be in.

IR Shane likes this.
  15. MattG

MattG Unreliable Narrator

Interested

IR Shane likes this.
  16. I like.

17. @CaseyJames

GREAT avatar . . . Turk! Hell yeah. My all time favorite Bruin!

CaseyJames likes this.
  18. rbholbrook

rbholbrook Forum Resident

Hi Shane - I hear you about the SACDs being harder to do these days but would love a subscription service for them if you could manage.

Blair G. likes this.
  19. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I wouldnt do a subscription. Just like with any other company I dont like but maybe 20% of the artists/albums represented so I dont see the advantage of getting deals and receiving albums early of artists I wont be listening to.

IR Shane likes this.
  20. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

That's also my point of view...Unless you make a subscription for something truly exceptional, like reissuing all the spiral vertigos in exact reproduction cover and done AAA..;I would be interested to collect them all in 5 or ten years...

21. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

If the SACD format is the hindrance, why not press redbook CD's instead? It wouldn't stop me from buying a copy.

IR Shane likes this.
  22. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Could you do the Sugarcubes Life's Too Good??

IR Shane and krisjay like this.
  23. Flying Burrito Brothers sounds great! Removes a lot of the grain and enhances the musicality of my old A&M press. Unfortunately it is not a Monarch, but I cannot imagine the Monarch besting this one. Great reissue, again, Shane! All the vocal lines are now able to be heard... slide guitar sounds much improved as well.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

Hi
    I was wondering who you have distributing in bricks and mortar in toronto? June records or sonic boom would be a good match for you

IR Shane likes this.
  25. drfindley

Another one I'd love to see:
    Damien Rice - O