Peter Green "End Of The Game"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by apesmu, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just received this in the post about 10 minutes ago, from Import cd's sounds excellent! Super cheap brand new!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

footlooseman and SinnerSaint like this.
  2. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

The End Of The Game is a fascinating album that sounds nothing like Green's other work: it's more like a cross between jazz-fusion and the jamming end of Krautrock (Ash Ra Tempel, Cosmic Jokers, etc.). There's a definite Rolf-Ulrich Kaiser air hanging over the proceedings.

footlooseman and Bernard hansen like this.
  3. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

It's a record that is not so common in the used bins as original, let it be a US, a UK or german one...and it's always in the 30-to 50 euros price range...but I see it very often in reissue version on seventies budget label...does someone know if those versions are any good or is there a big difference soundness with the originals ?

4. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

I skimmed through this very old thread, and no mention of "Destiny Road", by Peter Green Splinter Group. This is not just one of my favorite Peter Green albums, it is one of my favorite albums, period. He is the driving force on every track, even playing some great harmonica. If you like Peter, and you don't have this record, you are really missing something.

[​IMG]

Bernard hansen likes this.
  5. Just ordered it!

Appreciate the recommendation.

6. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

I have UK and US vinyl pressings of End of the Game. Love this record. I listened to both of them today. Both pressings sound pretty darn good with the UK pressing edging out the US. I have always had a question about this record. At the end of the second side the music ends abruptly with what sounds like the needle kind of scratching across the surface of the record for a few seconds before getting into the dead wax. Sounds terrible. Is this normal? What do others hear at the very end of the second side?

7. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

This startling ending (actually only one second or so of a sudden noise) is on my U.S. copy and I take it to be a sound from Green's guitar. It has been edited out of some digital versions of the album.

footlooseman and Diskhound like this.
  8. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.