Gregg Allman "seriously ill," cancels tour dates!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dylankicks, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I'm sorry that is something you may have to face one day.

Hospice is usually used after either the patient no longer wants to fight a life threatening illness or more often than not the doctors have determined that there is nothing more they can do. The hospice nurse basically makes sure your final days are comfortable and pain free. At that point the job isn't to keep the patient alive, it's to keep them comfortable for the end. It's got to be a rough job.

Depending on the condition of the patient, people can last days up to years under hospice care. I think the nurse told us it was usually within three months, which it was for both of my parents. Once it gets to the end stages the nurse keeps them numb and mostly sleeping so they don't feel the effects of their body shutting down.

Both parents had cancer and were in their 80's and the cancer had spread too far. My mom was under hospice care from July 2011 until she died in October 2011, she had cancer and the doctors couldn't help her anymore. Once she was under hospice care, she rarely left the bed and once her body started shutting down she spent the last 3 or 4 weeks of her life medicated and sleeping, which is how they handle that. My dad was under hospice care from August 2013 until he died in October 2013. In September of that year he bounced back an had about 3 weeks where it looked like he was doing better. He was even driving again, then his body started shutting down. Needless to say October's are rough.

2. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Mmy grandfather had hospice care at home. He passed after a few days but being at home with his family when it happened was so good for him.

I wish Gregg well whatever path God decides to lead him down.

3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Forum Resident

To quote my movie hero, Oddball:

"Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

MikaelaArsenault and Ernest T like this.
  4. Just get this worldwide treasure a guitar or an organ and mic, and he will be just fine!

5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I deleted my post. I'll let you off with a warning this time Gomer :winkgrin:.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Both my parents were there. I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer.

7. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Apparently Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks visited Gregg a few days ago. This is a combo of concerning and possibly good. Warren said the reports were overblown so that's a positive, but concerning because it also sounds like they might have been visiting because it was really bad as well with lines like "We just kind of told stories for a few hours and gave him positive thoughts."

Either way continuing to send good vibes his way.

Warren Haynes Says Gregg Allman’s Health Not As Grave As Reported

8. Excellent news. Now I can play my Gregg Allman One More Try an Anthology cd I just got in the mail today without such a concerned heart as I listen. Sending the best vibes to the man...

9. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

I've noticed that all of these reports are saying that Gregg's health is not as bad as has been reported. However, none of them have said that he's in good health. I certainly wish Gregg the best, the ABB are my second favorite band of all-time but it appears, to me, that we aren't being told everything.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic about Gregg's condition, just realistic. Obviously Trucks and Haynes got word that Gregg wasn't in great shape and paid him a visit.

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

We already know he's not in good health. He cancelled the entire year of 2017, and has said he's under doctor's orders to rest at home.
    The man has had Hep C for ages. The liver transplant, both on top of being a 69 year-old man that used to abuse alcohol, and drugs.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, any details past that are none of my business. I don't require an examination of his feces, or even the fact that he may, or may not be "regular."
    He owes none of us an explanation.

11. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

I say let him be. All this talk is like vultures hovering.

duggan, Bullis, RPOZ51 and 2 others like this.
  12. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

Hi Myke, we've shared many great posts on Skynyrd and the ABB band in the past so I'm a bit disappointed that you appear to be taking my post out of context.

We're all concerned and sensitive about Gregg's condition. We are all fans here and wish him the best, of course.

I certainly didn't want to upset you or anyone else here and I haven't followed this thread very closely.

All the best!

-Exile

Bill Mac, MikaelaArsenault and Myke like this.
  13. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Certainly we have the right to be worried, though.

14. Myke

Exactly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  15. Myke

16. I just made this on movie maker software and uploaded it to my Youtube channel from my dvd.

Always dug this...

joepepitone likes this.
  17. oh well.... :rolleyes:

18. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

You should see the "Organ Donation" representatives at the hospital when someone is made DNR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.