Guns N' Roses Tour Has Earned $230 Million and still going stong

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member Thread Starter

Guns N’ Roses leads the latest slate of Hot Tours with box-office grosses reported from stadiums in Australia and New Zealand during a three-week sweep through both countries in February. With eight performances in seven cities during the trek, the band added $38 million in sold ticket revenue to the Not In This Lifetime… Tour’s overall gross that now reaches $230 million since its April 2016 launch. (Note: This does not include revenue yet to be reported from seven Asian markets during the first quarter) ...

Guns N' Roses Not in This Lifetime… Tour Has Earned $230 Million (And Counting)

classicrockguy and Szeppelin75 like this.
  2. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

There was clearly going to be a lot of money to go around, there no reason to squeeze Izzy out of the proceeds.

bonus, clhboa, Fullbug and 13 others like this.
  3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

How much money would this be the band members?

4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I wonder how much money would have taken to get Izzy on board?

5. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

That'll grease some Axls.

6. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Who is in the band? Do they actually start the show on time?...

supernaut, Fullbug, No Bull and 4 others like this.
  7. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Izzy doesn't seem like a guy you can trust for an extended tour.

Fullbug likes this.
  8. Cornfed Hick

Cornfed Hick Forum Resident

According to Izzy himself, he wanted an equal share with the other band members, and at least Axl was unwilling to do that. Principled stance, but in hindsight perhaps unwise. Some animals are more equal than others, and he would have made a lot of money either way.

9. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

That's "Izzy" (also known as "is he?") :laugh:

Fullbug, mj_patrick, Rhett and 2 others like this.
  10. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

shades of ace frehley

ace comes back to the band as a hired gun, an employee of the greed brothers' corporation.

makes some good cash but basically gets screwed in many different ways... cant take it anymore after a few years and packs it all in for good.

hey izzit possible that izzy is really frehley?... seems like the same kinda guy sometimes.... maybe without the alcohol problems...

11. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

It was obvious from the start that it would be a huge cash cow with the old guys back in the fray. Even under the GNR branding, Axl could tour with a few high school kids filling the other stage slots and still pull a few million on name recognition and marketing alone with the legacy/nostalgia circuit. But the more well known lineup is certainly a bucket list type of experience for many folks given all the drama that's unfolded over the years and the uncertainty of their reunion status to this point.

TheFlesh and Malina like this.
  12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Steven would probably tour just for hot meals as compensation.

13. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

IIRC, their deal was an upfront performance fee guarantee, likely not including their share of merch. I would imagine they have earned maybe half of the gross figure (this is of course, speculation).

An equal split, or at the very least something close.

Perhaps not, but I think he was probably up for committing to the U.S. tour.

14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

ace left after the farewell tour because to him that's it. I'm sure he could have kept going for at least another round of touring like criss did is ace really wanted to.

Tony-A, coffeetime and melstapler like this.
  15. SibilanceSegs

SibilanceSegs Forum Resident

As a long time Guns fan, I saw the tour starter show in Detroit last June at Ford Field.....AMAZING SHOW. Managed to capture almost the entire show on my Iphone....Got a picture of Axl with his arm around Slash, I thought for sure an asteroid would hit this planet before that happened, hence the title of the tour which was a quote from Axl in 2012 after being asked if he'd ever reunite with the classic line up..."not in this lifetime"...I think it was a TMZ reporter....it's on youtube.

zaza_3121, Fullbug, enro99 and 2 others like this.
  16. elfary

elfary Forum Resident

Until they put out some new music to me this just the best cover band of GN'R ever.

17. Matthew Tate

Huh?

ARK and theshape like this.
  18. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

In the Guns N' Roses world, your ability to qualify for an equal cut hinges on whether or not 'Joe Public' recognizes you in the street.

Jimmy Jam, Fullbug, DTK and 1 other person like this.
  19. At $230 million for music that often is much older than the current mainstream targeted demographic, it seems that there is most definitely a viable market for guitar based AOR rock.

20. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Nice work if you can get it.

supernaut likes this.
  21. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

I think theres more to it than that.

I think Ace left when the farewell tour was over because he was sick of the BS from gene and paul.

but thats only my speculation.

Jarleboy likes this.
  22. Matthew Tate

there was an issue when they were working on the album. thats why peter and ace are barely on it. they were trying to get more money if they contributed more to the album so gene and paul said no. lol wtf

23. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

yet he is begging to get back in kiss.

24. Matthew Tate

i haven't seen any report that ace is begging to get back in. i know he made comments he'd do it again and gene and paul and him are closer now than they were 14 years ago when he left

25. In the men's room.

Ouch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.