Record Store Day 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:thumbsup:

2. Anyone grab a copy of the Magpie Salute? I have one on the way from ebay I bought for $20 shipped, just wondering if anyone's had the opportunity.

3. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

Not crazy about the B side, but dig the A and am looking forward to the LP.

4. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Got it! :D

I had to work this morning, so I spun by Vinyl Exchange in Manchester afterward, and they still have the Valerie 7" in stock.

If anyone else is looking for it, at the original price of £6.99, here's a link to their website:

LUBOš FIšER - Valerie A Týden Divu* (Valerie And Her Week Of Wonders)

davesmoked likes this.
  5. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

I looked but haven't seen any. Amazon have a 3 disc version listed due 19/05, not sure how this compares to the RSD release though.

6. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

It wasn't the picture disc, it was the IO release.

Banquet Records

7. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

Yeh - they probably sold their lives away in a Heroin Haze.

8. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Anyone know how the vinyl of Marianne Faithfull's Rich Kid Blues sounds?

9. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

AnalogJ, Porkpie and Vinyl Addict like this.
  10. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Where did you see Whiter Shade of Pale? Silver Platters?
    Thx

11. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Sheeesh....
    [​IMG]

12. I bought mine there. Saw a copy Tuesday at Everyday Music.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  13. morwells

morwells Forum Resident

Thanks i actually saw this after i posted yesterday. Yeah apparently, the label is releasing this as part of a 3 LP/3 Cd set in mid May. The 3rd LP on it is the same exact thing as the RSD release with the other 2 being the familiar 2nd mix and alt disco mixes and an unreleased track. Excited for this.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

A week out and the dust is settling at retail. At this point, any retail store still sitting on unsold RSD inventory just wants it gone... It's not returnable, so that unsold bin of RSD stuff represents a potential big loss...

It will be a little while before the flippers come to the same realization... But they'll find religion too.

Vinyl_Blues, Mazzy and Vinyl Addict like this.
  15. zeuhl

zeuhl Forum Resident

My local store still had Lou Reed live a week later. It is pretty amazing sound quality, the best of the seven lps I bagged in this RSD haul. They STILL have two Neil Young Decades, which is weird. I thought those would be gone by 8 am on the day of.

16. Crowes72

Crowes72 Forum Resident

I grabbed a copy, along with the Page/Crowes 10". It sounds great. Mine is a little noisy on Glad and Sorry but nothing tragic. Great tunes, and great production.

Vinyl_Blues and Bernard hansen like this.
  17. Much appreciated!!

Crowes72 likes this.
  18. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Mine also duplicates the poster. I haven't found anyone who got the correct insert for 12 songs. Makes me wonder what kind of goof this was. They only made 1,000 so did they stuff all 1,000 wrong? Seems like you would notice half way thru that there is a giant stack of inserts still there.
    I wonder if they were ever printed to begin with.

DrJ and jamesmaya like this.
  19. clarknovember

clarknovember Well-Known Member

I'm sure another retailer had it for £72 But I'm sure I also saw it for much less..

20. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

The Springsteen was advertised as an "RSD First" title which meant there would be at least one subsequent non-RSD run, so this is not surprising (but certainly good news for Bruce fans).

I picked up the RSD pressing and have really been enjoying it. Some have complained about the high price but it's 4 LPs worth, so actually $80 doesn't seem at all out of proportion to me - people routinely pay $20 or more for well-done single LP vinyl reissues. Excellent performances and nicely done mastering.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  21. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Not being a total Randy Newman fanatic from the early days (and so previously having only CD issues of his stuff) I had no idea about this mistake until you and the person you responded to called attention to it - but now I see that the insert in SAIL AWAY (which I hadn't listened to until today - sounds amazing!) is the same as what is in TWELVE SONGS. Bummer. So far the only blemish on what is a fantastic box. Hard to know if all copies have the same error, maybe if someone got a copy without that mistake they will post to help clarify.

clarknovember likes this.
  22. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

ODShowtime likes this.
  23. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Yeah, not cheap, 64€ in Berlin. But it's a fantastic release!!!

Would this have been as expensive as regular (non RSD) release? Most definitely not!!!!

24. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

I'd love to hear a review of the Fleur De Lys singles box set. Didn't anyone here purchase it?

25. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I have asked about 10 people and everyone got the duplicate poster. Sure 10 out of 1,000 is still small but not one person said they had the proper insert yet.
    I also bought the black crowes clear 7" rsd (from maybe 2010 I think) and it is mislabeled. A label is on the b side and b label is on the a.
    But I don't know anyone who got that release so I haven't been able to see if I have a rarity or if that was the entire line.

DrJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.