The TINY TIM Album-by-Album Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Octowen

Octowen Forum Resident

Forgot to mention this, but I found For Your Little Friends on vinyl a couple of weeks ago.

jupiter8 likes this.
  2. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

GodBlessTinyTim, Reader and Octowen like this.
  3. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just a few weeks ago I bought a copy for a little less than that. Haven't listened yet, but the booklet is lovely. Great pictures, and even a poem about the show.

4. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

either they found a stash of unsold copies (most likely) or repressed it (I doubt that). I had a CDR copy, but bought the real CD

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  5. GodBlessTinyTim

Mine was still sealed in old-feeling plastic, so it's got to be the former.

I have some background written up on Live in Chicago, so we'll get to that soon.

6. GodBlessTinyTim

Tiny Tim, Isadore Fertel - War Between The Sexes

New Tiny Tim split EP, limited to 500 copies! The titles don't instill me with the greatest of confidence, though. On the flip side are two songs by Isadore Fertel, originally released as a single on Mr. Tim's short-lived Toilet Records in 1974. Between Vic-Tim and Toilet, he really knew how to name a label.

7. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I'll pass. With all the other rare and unreleased Tim, this seems too bad.

What I'd like to see is something serious titled:

Herb Khaury aka Tiny Tim - a 4 CD set of collected unreleased standards, mostly in his baritone voice.

[​IMG]

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  8. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

RIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tiny Tim was interred in a mausoleum in Lakewood Cemetery in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He was laid to rest with his ukulele and a single tulip.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Octowen and GodBlessTinyTim like this.
  9. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

10. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

11. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Why do the recent Tiny releases have to be so kooky (like that cylinder, unplayable by 99.9999% of his fans) when there is so much good stuff

12. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I must say, I'm not a big fan of Tiny Tim's music per say, but he is one of the most incredible
    and interesting entertainers ever. I can only listen in small doses, he almost scares me with
    his 'little girl'. What a magical recording that is. I've seen a doco on the guy which was absolutely
    fascinating, and I really like the guy and how creative he was. A genius actually.
    His knowledge of music alone was astounding.
    He would have been an interesting person to meet that's for sure.

qwerty, Octowen, kronning and 2 others like this.
  13. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

anybody got this dvd? looks great.

14. GodBlessTinyTim

In case anyone had any doubt, the recent War Between the Sexes EP is absolutely aborrhent. I was relieved to learn that "The Anti-Women's Liberation Song" is actually a satirical campaign song from the suffragette movement which accuses the singer's opponent of being opposed to women's rights. Meanwile, the only saving grace of "I Made a Wee-Wee in My Panties" is that some of the lyrics are inaudible due to the poor recording quality.

15. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

The cover design isn't very good either...

[​IMG]

Octowen and GodBlessTinyTim like this.
  16. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Terrific album this. The song selection and Tiny's vocals are wonderful of course. Equally impressive is the backing band, Brave Combo, of whom I was previously unaware. Pairing them up with Tiny was a masterstroke.

Octowen, qwerty, Tribute and 2 others like this.
  17. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

:hurl:

qwerty likes this.
  18. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Well, Tiny did not design it.

Runicen likes this.
  19. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Wow, that sounds absolutely dire. Bad albums (or EPs) happen to the best of them, especially posthumously. :disgust:

20. GodBlessTinyTim

21. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

It would be SO much more worthwhile if they would issue something from Tiny Tim's vast archive of unreleased or extremely rare recordings. The music industry is wasting their time on stuff like pink vinyl replicas of common recordings. It reminds me of the Cabbage Patch Doll craze.

22. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

While copies exist in the wild that aren't beastly expensive, I'd still be quite pleased to see a re-release of the God Bless Tiny Tim box set from Rhino Handmade. Hell, go the full monty and throw in a blu-ray with hi-res transfers of the material as well.

You ain't heard "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" until you've heard it in 24-bit! :biglaugh:

Octowen likes this.
  23. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

You ain't heard Tiptoe Through the Tulips until you have heard the original by Nick Lucas. On a beat up 78.

24. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Though this Youtube video says this is the Nick Lucas "ORIGINAL", it is not. It is the Vitaphone Musical Film Short (a unique performance, with dancers added etc). The actual earlier 78 is better

Runicen likes this.
  25. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Here is the original record by Nick Lucas, who was the first person to popularize the guitar in pop music. Tiny Tim was just paying tribute to the music he loved, not trying to be a comic.