All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

2. jason88cubs

always heard about this fiasco

finally saw it

MikaelaArsenault and Boswell like this.
  3. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

If this guy is telling the truth ... look at the Motley LPs he recently picked up at Good Will for less than a buck each . . . wowzers

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

5. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

6. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

7. jason88cubs

3 smash singles?

wild side and girlsX3 yes

but you're all i need?

ummmmm

8. Boswell

Ah man, GIRLSx3 brings me back to being a kid & loving Motley.

Did you hear? Emi Canyn, of Motley's original back-up singers duo, THE NASTY HABITS, passed away back in February. She was married to Mick for a time.

EMI SCHMIDT's Obituary on News Tribune (Tacoma)

We know Emi from some of the videos especially ("Wild Side" & "Same Old Situation") and live shared the hardcore gospel part at the end of "Dancin' On Glass" with her partner Donna McDaniel. Girl had pipes. She often stood stage right.

9. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

I was probably 12 or 13 years old when I got into music. My first cassette was Motley's Theater of Pain. Then I right away got hold of the rest of Motley's discography (this was before Dr Feelgood was released). It wasn't until I saw the Wild Side video for the first time, seeing Tommy playing his drums upside down, when I thought, "this is it, this is the best band on earth"...

10. If there's any bonus material it'll have to be live stuff (which I'm fine with). They scraped the bottom of barrel for studio outtakes for the remasters.

11. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

That sounds familiar. GGG wasn't the first album I got (Motley or otherwise) but it was the first thing I bought on compact disc. I'd have been 16 at the time and yeah, the Wild Side video was a massive HOLY ****!!!! moment. It's still awesome to watch. Those guys were gods to me at that time and that tour was the only time I saw them live.

And back to the Deluxe Girls set, I can't help but think it's a big clue (and a bad sign) that they put up a teaser video with no hints about bonus features.

12. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

On local radio here in DFW that song was massive. If the video had been a sterile live thing this song would have been top 20 on the pop charts. No MTV exposure and the European tour being cut short kind of detailed them a bit.

13. Rawkdude

Rawkdude Forum Resident

They never did it but they should have released a double album that was a mixture of raw hard rock, bluesy slide guitar that they hinted with on Girls Girls Girls and some experimental stuff not the same vibe a Generation Swine but with same sense as redefining the band.

MikaelaArsenault and Boswell like this.
  14. Boswell

Steve-O was a huge Motley fan back in the 1980s & met them. In fact, he met them on the Girlsx3 tour. He talked about it on Joe Rogan the other day

15. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

They might have a new remaster with all the extras that were on the previous ones like the 3 demos Rodeo and You're All I Need live from Moscow then what would make it a real special deluxe edition for them is probably adding Girls Girls Girls and Wild Side from Live Entertainment Or Death!

Or maybe they have a complete live show to release? Tacoma Montreal?

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Pouchkine likes this.
  17. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

I actually don't have this one on CD so I might get the single disc with 5 additional tracks. Plus I get sticker!

18. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

So it's a reissue of the 1999 remaster with the same bonus tracks. So it's basically a reissue of a reissue. Could it have been worse?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Rawkdude

Rawkdude Forum Resident

Unless the DVD has new interviews which I doubt it has or if there are new interviews you can guarantee the band won't be in the same room. Probably just same stuff on the Greatest Video hits DVD. Love this album but I already have the reissue....so I'll pass on this.

Matthew Tate and Pouchkine like this.
  20. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

that's what the 5 bonus tracks are?

21. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Seeing Vince on 9/01.... excited to see Vince. Hey, 1/4th of Crue & my favorite.

Man, I'll say the same. Is that it re: GGG?

Maybe the lithograph is sweet? The DVD is just videos, like the GH videos?

22. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Awesome!

23. jujuhounds

jujuhounds Forum Resident

The Mötley vault still has plenty in it. The unreleased Corabi album for one.

24. jujuhounds

jujuhounds Forum Resident

Can someone please explain the comeback of MC?

25. Boswell

Uh, no it doesn't.

Pouchkine likes this.