Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

Nice retcon here...but he was talking about his doppelgänger.

[​IMG]

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I notice there's a balloon on the floor behind the 1-1-9 woman. There are also balloons at Dougie's house left over from Sunny Jim's party, which Dougie allegedly missed. Is this a clue?

It's a woman and a kid. Just like Dougie's family. Could this be the opposite of Dougie's family? Like the Deer Meadow version? Or what Dougie's family looks like when the illusion is taken down? Or something like that? Or the reason they had to hire a new girl for the job....because this lady is a drug addled mess? The difference between the drug woman and Dougies wife reminds me of the differences between the idealistic Betty and the real world Diane in "Mulholland Drive". And having Naomi play the part adds to this.

3. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Finally got to see the 4 hours that are available so far. To me its just David Lynch to the extreme. The scenes with Cooper. The scenes with Lucy and Harry. I really haven't found any of it scary. I've always wondered what kind of drugs Lynch is on. He's gone completely over the top.

Can't wait for more.

enro99 likes this.
  4. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Caffeine and nicotine.

enro99 and LeeVing like this.
  5. Daniel Plainview

Is it ever explained why Mike apparently has no doppelganger in the lodge?

Was it because he saw the face of God and cut his own arm off?

LeeVing likes this.
  6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Episodes 3 and 4 are definitely where it all starts to come together again.

GentleSenator, bopdd and LeeVing like this.
  7. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

Sounds legit....I guess.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  8. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

and Transcendental Meditation

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm not sure if i should find this conclusion offensive, hilarious, or just way too literal.

10. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Well, I am enjoying this a LOT. So far. What slightly worries me is that it's gonna be too much of surrealism henceforth. It was used as a rare candy once in a while and that is what made the series so special. If it's gonna be surrealism all the way through, I would completely get used to it and not be astounded anymore.

Being at the Black Lodge really ****ed up Coop's mind, huh. In the real world he seems just a tiny bit more sentient and responsive than Leo at the start of season 2... I really hope we're gonna see the bright and magnificient Cooper again at some point, who has the sharpest mind of all.

11. Daniel Plainview

I figured it was the zap of electricity he received when going through the socket that made him temporarily dim-witted. I expect him to make a full recovery. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. I'm not sure I can tolerate this "learning how to eat/dress" schtick for that much longer.

Wild Frank likes this.
  12. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Yeah! Could be, could be. But it really seems like he is still in Black Lodge mode. Looking, contemplating, not hurrying, looking forward to what different subjects and objects have to show. It's as if he is still stuck in that paradigm.

And boy, am I glad that I re-watched Fire Walk With Me before starting the new season. The film is much better than it is given credit. And it's nice to see how elements from it are incorporated such as the green ring, blue rose, and Jeffries. How pity it is that Bowie never got to make that cameo himself. *sigh

OldSoul likes this.
  13. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

14. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Mr. Jackpots

GentleSenator and LeeVing like this.
  15. Daniel Plainview

The way Bad Coop speaks slower when Gordon interviews him...was there damage done to Bad Coop during the near transference with Good Coop? He seems a little damaged himself. Or does having both Coop and Doppleganger Coop out at the same time put a drain on both of them mentally in some way? Or are they both missing parts due to Dougie's existence? And is Good Coop even out of the Lodge? The way Mike feels around in the lodge until he finds Coop as Dougie and then appears through the floor...it's like Coop is still in the lodge, just on a different level. But Mike says "now one of them must die" but is it because Coop is out or because the law of the lodge was messed with in general?

OldSoul and trumpet sounds like this.
  16. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

The evolution may have something to do with the actor who played The Man From Another Place. The guy who played him, Michael J. Anderson, I suspect had a breakdown. His Facebook page is full of hate towards Jews and he accuses Lynch of some nasty stuff.

17. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

So far this is unreleased....will probably be on the soundtrack , tho...

Here it is recreated...

rburly likes this.
  18. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

and the original version...

19. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

I think there is a cat and mouse game the various Coopers are playing with one another. Just a guess on my part, but when Bad Cooper calls Jeffries on the briefcase phone, he's talking to himself, in another time. And the thing banging at the door in episode 3, is also Cooper. There are a variety of Coopers that spread across time itself, but overlap just enough to manipulate one another. Clearly time is elastic, riding on or through electricity is one way to utilize the overlap of time. We know Bob rode from place to place on electricity. However, this is just a guess on my part --> :crazy:

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  20. I only get the episodes when they are broadcast and have already had at least one thing spoiled so I'll see y'all at the end of the run.

21. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Starting with episode 5 (June 4th, I think), nobody will have the shows in advance of the broadcast.

kevywevy likes this.
  22. Good to know, thanks. I really want to see what people are thinking about the show so I'll come back then.

23. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

This is hella creative and cool IMO.

LeeVing likes this.
  24. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

Fantastic series so far, I'm really enjoying this. Are we still doing spoilers for the first two episodes?Here's one interesting thing I haven't seen pointed out yet:

The young guy James is hanging out with is a one-armed man.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. Freedom Rider

Freedom Rider Senior Member

I thought the entire opening sequence of Episode 3 was incredible. The first two episodes were good but it's with Episode 3 that the series picked up steam for me.

Not really in a rush to rationalize or theorize, scrambling to find a definitive answer to what's going on - that's never what Lynch was all about for me, in the first place. Just watching and taking it in one bit at a time, immersing myself back into the world that I always wished would come back one day, and it finally did.

Glad Twin Peaks is back.:thumbsup: And long live David Lynch!

[​IMG]