Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Hole Got Fixed, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

I received my 6 disc set around noon local time. Right on the 26th

I live in a large complex with a property management office. Without any say so from me, the Amazon delivery left it there with the manager. She told me she didn't have my package, it was right there, I had to come back a 2nd time & show her my Android saying she had it...in her office... If Amazon had simply come to my door instead, like they should have. I hate Amazon.

So anyway most incredible looking package I've ever seen, the 6 CDs come inside what looks like an LP ... At first I thought they sent me vinyl by mistake...

I'm listening to disc 2, I started with the Blu-ray 5.1, even though my TV stereo doesn't have 6 speakers, it all sounds great, but I'm so upset with Amazon delivering my package to the building office, might skip Amazon in the future.

2. belardd

belardd Senior Member

received from Amazon today

3. Oyster Black Pearl

Oyster Black Pearl Forum Resident

I ordered the vinyl and box from Amazon.it early April, vinyl shipped yesterday - arriving Momday, box hadn't shipped by this afternoon and was estimated to arrive next Thursday. I balked, cancelled and ordered from UK Amazon - it's arriving tomorrow via Royal Mail, which is unusual for Amazon. As the box reduced in price from £134 (I think) to £109 I'm not that fussed at losing around £15 by switching, I saved half that on the vinyl (honest, love...). Hardly worth the grief ordering overseas.

The Beave likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I started doing something that works for me : In the Delivery Instructions section, I wrote " Please KNOCK on my door, and leave package beside my door." Every delivery since, they've knocked, set it beside my door, and left.
    I miss the old UPS days too.

Oh, and I had the whole property office thing too...it was 2 Blu rays that were replaced, and our maintenance guy bringing the original 2 BDs, from 70+ days before !!!!! :crazy:

5. milk731

milk731 Forum Resident

Anybody in the Cleveland area looking for this the record exchange in North Olmsted has it for $100 plus tax. They have four copies.

6. I have my iPhone set so UPS and Amazon deliveries ping me. I have an office downstairs and most of the time they don't knock and a package can sit outside all afternoon if I don't check. The front porch is HOT today.

7. Myke

No cell phone here, but as I, and the other member said, we're in apartments. These delivery people assume all rental offices accept packages, not true.

8. Myke

Now that's proper use of the internet. Hear-hear ! :tiphat:

9. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Today of all days... Bull Moose shows it's on the USPS truck out for delivery,
    both super deluxe box and LP. My mail always comes about 12:30ish.
    Now it is 3:30 and am wondering..

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  10. Myke

Call a neighbor.

11. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Off work and now waiting for the mail to arrive...:)

12. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

Mines arrived from Amazon. Yey!
    I can only have it on me birthday on the 1st of June. Boo...
    I can see it there. Packaged. Waiting. Just waiting...
    5 more days! :goodie:

13. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

We're at the end of their delivery route. FedEx comes early but UPS doesn't come around until near 8. They use to ring the doorbell and hop back in the truck, but they've stopped doing that. They'll toss it on the bench on my front porch and move on. I've gone to let the dog out around 10pm and found stuff out there.

14. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  15. Myke

Who's making you wait ?

When In Rome likes this.
  16. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

If I had got my box I was going to have to wait until the 21st to open it for my birthday.

17. Myke

We don't live forever guys.

Wingsfan2012 and FritzL like this.
  18. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Same .... and those big packing bubbles, too. That box in a box wasn't moving anywhere in my shipment!

audiomixer likes this.
  19. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

Mrs. When In Rome... :love:

Myke likes this.
  20. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

That's probably how long it's going to be for me to get this box. I see people say "Oh wait and it'll get cheaper", I never see this happening with things I have missed. The Smile Box is still expensive here, the Bowie 5 Years box seems to be going for crazy figures now on Amazon, I never even see a mono Beatles LP in the local stores. When it comes to music, Canada sucks for deals.

The Beave, audiomixer and Myke like this.
  21. Myke

Germany dropped to about $100 USD today.

22. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I got the lithograph from Bullmoose, but it was taped to the outside of the shipping carton in a soft padded envelope and the right and left borders were creased.

23. Myke

I didn't even know we were supposed to get one, cool.

24. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

It was a nice surprise and the creasing is confined to the white borders, so if I matte it, it will be fine.

Myke likes this.
  25. Myke

So free Priority shipping, and the lithograph. Not too shabby.

Bill and AZRunner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.