Chris Cornell R.I.P. (1964-2017)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinyl Addict, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm fervently waiting for her version of B. D. S.

BillyMacQ, DTK and Frank Field like this.
  2. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I still can't listen to Black Star, but I added Louder Than Love to my iThingy today. I'm immediately transported back to 1989. F¥ck u Chris. You needed to stay.

MikaelaArsenault and Larry L like this.
  3. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

TMZ is usually pretty accurate... unfortunately.

MikaelaArsenault and Soundslave like this.
  4. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I honestly think the constant touring over the past few years was by design. If he wasn't with Soundgarden, he was on extensive solo tours or else doing some other guest appearances (Mad Season in 2015, Audioslave reunion earlier this year).

MikaelaArsenault and Efus like this.
  5. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Does anyone know if any of the TOTD reunion shows were officially recorded?

6. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I'm hoping they did. The MSG show I went to was incredible. I think with digital recording technology nowadays I think bands pretty much record every show. Now if it's off the board or multitracked then that's the question.

7. There was a fair amount of money lost in the failed Parisian restaurant investment (courtesy of the wife's mother's involvement).

8. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I didn't realise that. Thanks for the info.

9. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

"Soundgarden - "You Should have been to that Detroit show" - Live at the Fox Theater in Detroit, MI on 5-17-17. Chris Cornell apologizing to the next city after finishing Jesus Chris Pose, and before the encore."

>>>

10. amoergosum

...man...that's tough to watch:

Chris Cornell on Kurt Cobain:

"I had friends die before that...and...you know the way that he did it was kind of a twist...but other than that I've been through it before.
    And it was a shame. But you know...it's like...it's a shame for his daughter...it's a shame for fans, you know...but really it's a personal thing.
    And I don't know...it was a drag. I wish it didn't happen. And also I think...like...if he would have just kind of hung on for 6 months...who knows...6 months later he would have been a completely different guy..."

11. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Have been listening to a lot of Temple Of The Dog lately. Such a great album.

12. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

....same here. Really digging the demos from the 25th anniv. edition as well. Great tunes :cool::thumbsup:

13. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Ugh. Pretty sad to see prices jacked up for releases. 400 bucks for "Revelations" on Discogs.

Seriously???!!!

14. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's terrible. I'm trying to find a normal priced Songbook LP, and they all want $80+.

People love to capitalize on stuff like this, and it's just terrible. :buttkick:

15. nodeerforamonth

Don't pay that price then. Wait a while. It will come down.

They can jack it up to a million dollars. It doesn't mean people are paying that price for it.

16. BillyMacQ

BillyMacQ Forum Resident

Me, too. I tingle.

Love,
    Billy

17. Vinyl Addict

I agree, it is backordered EVERYWHERE too. I heard it's getting another release in June too.
    I ordered it on Amazon earlier today and they will email me when it's back in stock.

I just wanted in now, you know how it is. :cool:

18. amoergosum

[​IMG]

"Chris Cornell's family, bandmates and famous friends gathered by the dozens to pay their respects as his ashes are laid in his final resting place ... the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Brad Pitt, Pharrell, Dave Grohl, Lisa Marie Presley, Dave Navarro, Jimmy Page, Courtney Love, Gavin Rossdale, James Franco, Christian Bale, Josh Brolin, Billy Idol, Joe Walsh, Lars Ulrich, and James Hetfield ... all showed up.

Tom Morello, Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament and Matt Cameron, Linkin Park's Chester Bennington and Brad Delson, Soundgarden's Kim Thayil and Brolin all gave eulogies."

Chris' wife, Vicky, was there, supported by loved ones through the ceremony.

Of course, the members of Cornell's bands, Audioslave and Soundgarden, were also there.

As we first reported ... Chris was cremated Tuesday. Fans will be allowed into the burial site later on Friday afternoon."

Chris Cornell Burial Service Draws Hundreds of Celeb Friends and Fans (PHOTOS)

19. Vinyl Addict

:cry:

20. nodeerforamonth

yep! All too well... Cheers!

21. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...the fu#%in' reality just set in. I'm drinkin' and gonna spin every album I have that features Chris.
    Rest easy brother, but we're really gonna miss you.
    :cry:

Marzz, Criminy pete, Larry L and 8 others like this.
  22. amoergosum

"Soundgarden music played from a portable speaker outside the cemetery’s gates as a group of about a dozen fans gathered outside. Chauffeured cars and sport utility vehicles arrived carrying mourners, including Cornell’s widow and his two youngest children, for a private service on the Fairbanks Lawn at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Rows of white chairs and floral arrangements were set out under overcast sky. Audioslave’s “Like a Stone” played from speakers before the service, which opened with the playing of Cornell’s recent song, “The Promise.” "

Brad Pitt, Pharrell among mourners at Chris Cornell memorial

"Matt Cameron of Soundgarden puts his arm across musician Tom Morello, left, at the funeral for Chris Cornell at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles"

[​IMG]

23. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

I don't want to "like" any of the posts related to the funeral. I don't "like" them, but I do appreciate knowing that he has been laid to rest. I am again struck by how many friends he had...What a beautiful person.

I came in to post that if you have Sirius XM, Pearl Jam Radio (Channel 22) will be remembering Chris all Memorial Day weekend. On my drive home, they were playing a radio show he did when Higher Truth was released. He was interviewed by David Fricke and throughout he played acoustic versions of songs old and new with two guys on cello and mandolin. Beautiful, and very emotional to listen to him talk...about his wife, his children, his love of music, how he first got started in Soundgarden...

Rest easy, Chris. :cry:

beccabear67, Larry L, éder and 4 others like this.
  24. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

I've noticed Eddie Vedder's name hasn't been mentioned as those in attendance today. Any reason why?

25. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

I've been listening to a lot of his albums over the past week......and I've decided Higher Truth is a fantastic album. Yes, it's not mid-20s Cornell music, but it's something you'd expect out of a 50 year old artist. I think it's his second best solo album after Euphoria Morning, and if EM didn't have a 17 year head start, I might say that I like Higher Truth even more. Before We Disappear, Murderer of Blue Skies, Dead Wishes, Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart, Josephine.....I just named half the album, all great songs. On a selfish level it's sad for no other reason than we were robbed of great music he would have put out over the next 10-15 years. It seems like he was just hitting his second wind. Only now will people realize how good he really was. I'll admit even I took him for granted, not always going to shows when he was in the area. Stupid mistake on my part. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.