Led Zep "Rain Song" influenced by Beatles?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by doc021, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Resident

Nope

2. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Dunno about "The Rain Song" and "Something", but earlier tonight in tribute to Gregg Allman I was listening to an old ABB show and it seems to me that "Since I've Been Loving You" sounds quite similar to "Stormy Monday"...were Zep listening to the Allmans?

3. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Which shows how clueless and out of step George Harrison was! Duh, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Thank You, Ramble On, Friends, Since I've Been Loving You, Tangerine, That's The Way, The Battle Of Evermore, Stairway To Heaven, Going To California - ALL before Rain Song!:rolleyes:

4. I don't consider most of those to be ballads.

GodShifter and jon9091 like this.
  5. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Yeah, I always wondered myself if George had ever even listened to one of their albums up to that point. Or, like a lot of people who weren't necessarily a fan, was just kinda drawing impressions from their hype and lore at the time when they were hitting it big. It probably shows that the perception of an artist is hard to overcome (even for fellow music legends within the same circles). The lack of noticing Zeppelin's soft and contrasting songs, apparent on every album, is the thing that drove Page mad in regards to critics as well. At least he was always good at finding a way to turn these criticisms into tongue in cheek responses in his songs, or with album titles (or, should I say, lack of titles). :)

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    goddammitjanice and Purple Jim like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.