Crate and Barrel Capitol Record LP Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by grsmnkey, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident Thread Starter

JasonA likes this.
  2. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

Any idea (or way to tell) if these Beatles LPs are the 2012 releases? For ex, is the Abbey Rd this one: The Beatles - Abbey Road

3. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident Thread Starter

Stereo Beatles have been reported as 2012 Pressings elsewhere on the forum. The Mono Beatles are 2014. So what everyone else has on their shelves.

4. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

The Capitol Records thing on the C&B site has me confused. I'm no expert, but I thought these Beatles LPs were EMI releases. Made me wonder if what I'm looking at is something different than what I'm used to seeing in record stores. Thanks!

5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

The Sgt Peppers is listed as a mono, pressed in Germany.

6. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

Good eyes!

7. dorium_tres

dorium_tres Forum Resident

Are these Beatles records worth snagging at this price? I know (mostly) everyone raves about the 2014 pressings.

8. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

Definitely get the Sgt Pepper LP as the details show it's the Mono version. It doesn't explicitly state that Revolver or The White album are Mono so assume they are Stereo.

9. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

The Pet Sounds cover shows 'Stereo', but in the details it says 'mono'
    The Beach Boys "Pet Sounds"

I'd prefer to own a Mono version, but is the Stereo version good to have as well?

10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Cheap beastie boys , megadeath and the band too
    Don't know about the pressings but for 12bucks it's worth trying

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think you will see more and more of the non traditional outlets who jumped on vinyl jumping out of vinyl.

No returns and substantial defect rates don't fit into their business models.

12. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

Got Sgt. Pepper (mono, I hope) and Abbey Rd. If the Paul's Boutique is the same version that you'll find in any record store these days, I highly recommend it.

azjvm05 likes this.
  13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Do they charge for shipping?

mur likes this.
  14. Speezy

Speezy Well-Known Member

$6.95 for the two albums in my cart

mur likes this.
  15. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I paid $4.95 for my Sgt Peppers single lp order. Not the greatest deal but still worth it IMO.

16. putz

putz Forum Resident

Available in store?

17. mmart1

mmart1 Forum Resident

Yes, I stopped in and got a few yesterday.

18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

looks like there is free shipping on orders over $49 now

19. putz

putz Forum Resident

Grabbed Blind Melon, Paul's Boutique and Teenage Dreams (I like the cover :love:) for $12.47 a piece.

azjvm05 likes this.
  20. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

IF you have a store close to you w/no stock, they will ship to that store for free pickup. Got a Sinatra I was missing. Anything special about the Fabs stuff?

21. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

A huge thank you to the OP. I just snagged Sgt. Pepper (in mono ) and Beck's Morning Phase.

azjvm05 likes this.
  22. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

This was only a short term thing that C&B was carrying them and yes, they're all 50% off now.

Grabbed several of the Beatles ones, Miles Davis and Pet Sounds.

23. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I had 3 of the Beatles LPs shipped to my local store. Pepper is mono and the White album and Revolver are stereo. Pepper and Revolver both had "Made in Germany" stickers on the back cover and "Made in EU" on the label. I couldn't find any info on the White album, so I'm assuming it's just the US pressing.

lightbulb, riverrat and azjvm05 like this.
  24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

My order for Sgt Pepper seems to have vanished into the ether, so C & B is sending another one. As of a few minutes ago, they still had it in stock. Nice to hear it is indeed the mono version and not a misprint in the sale.

25. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I went to the C&B here in NYC and I only saw Revolver with a "Made In Germany" label. Didn't see Pepper or The White Album, but the funny thing is that they had the Capitol Records anniversary book displayed on a coffee table and next to it was a turntable with The White Album on the platter. It had a "demo" sticker on the label, must be something that C&B placed themselves, but I had a good look at the label and it said "Made in EU", so they must have had EU copies available for sale at some point.

I wanted Pet Sounds but I didn't see it on display, so I placed an online order for store pickup yesterday, and hours later I received a note saying that it's available for pickup. I guess they had copies available elsewhere in the store? I didn't see a "ship to store" option on the C&B page, just a "Pick up at store" option if it was in stock. If something is out of stock at a local store, is there a way or ordering it for ship to and pickup at a local store? Do they charge for that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.